Is God polyamorous?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Is God polyamorous?

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Is God polyamorous?

Post by Kurieuo »

There's a false equivocation (fallacy) being made that "sex" is somehow "love". Yet, love is more than our sexuality and feelings had/expressed alongside such. Sex can be had with/without love.

Polyamory actually contains less love, not more. It replaces a real love that respects, will sacrifice, remain faithful and the like with something of sexual desire and ecstasy. We can have a REAL love for many people without such being sexual. And, despite lustful polyamorous (sexual) feelings we might feel, we are designed to be united to one other which lays the foundation for true love to be more fully expressed, exprienced and had between two and their family as children enter the picture.

Polyamory loses the fundamental nature of love as I see matters. The logic presented to justify such, easily lends itself also to polyamory with children being justified. Does it not? After all, why should they miss out on this love? No, God is not polyamorous, God is all-loving. There's a big difference.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I can't believe we are debating God being polyamorous.

God's love is not sexual, or romantic.

Polyamory is a justification to have sex with multiple partners, outside of God's ideal for us, which is a monogamous relationship.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:I can't believe we are debating God being polyamorous.

Polyamory is a justification to have sex with multiple partners, outside of God's ideal for us, which is a monogamous relationship.
I disagree.

There is a romantic aspect to Gods love.

He passionately pursues us and wants us for himself.

There wont be sex as such in heaven but it will be replaced with something better. Something that even feels better. Pure ecstasy, joy and love.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:

I disagree.

There wont be sex as such in heaven but it will be replaced with something better. Something that even feels better. Pure ecstasy, joy and love.
Nessa,

Do you even realize what polyamory is?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

I disagree.

Nessa,

Do you even realize what polyamory is?
Yes, I know what it means

Why arent you asking kurieuo the same question?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I didnt disagree with your definition. Just the parts I pointed out e.g God being a romantic etc
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

behindeverywoman.jpg
behindeverywoman.jpg (33.83 KiB) Viewed 4195 times
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
behindeverywoman.jpg
Hey! Im waaaaaaaaaaay more prettier than her!! y;;)

y:^o
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
behindeverywoman.jpg
That's frigging hilarious!
:pound: :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Polyamory as explained by wiki...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory

Travis Dickinson on his blog article entitled - The Polyamorous God? - Mentions that this concept is being popularized by such folks as Jeff Hood and in his blog article he quotes Jeff Hood on this very concept:
Travis Dickinson writes about polyamorous god concept in this article in part cited below

(Quotes from Jeff Hood on subject from blog)

Jeff Hood explains polyamorous god doctrine....

“Along the way, I heard the voices of the polyamorous…”

“Divine polyamory found me a sinner and lifted me up by grace.”

“I saw a great cloud of polyamorous witnesses shouting, ‘Holy! Holy! Holy, is the polyamorous love of God!’”

“In the midst of a great resistance, polyamory saved my soul.”

“Then, God said, ‘What you have done to the polyamorous amongst you…you have done to me.’ Without the polyamorous, we cannot know God.”

“I know who I’m listening to. I hear the voice of God, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life…no one can love me and condemn polyamory…for I am polyamorous.’”

And finally:

“While there could be many explanations of the polyamorous God, the one that matters the most is this…

...God dwells within the oppressed and marginalized (Matthew 25)…polyamorous folks are constantly oppressed and marginalized…

...God is polyamorous…and if we want to get saved than we have to figure out a way to become connected to polyamory.”

As you can see he is tying a mystical concept of God loving everybody as defining polyamorous.

If I am hearing Nessa correctly, I think she is asking about this, if this is true or not.

The short answer is NO - God's love is not polyamorous.

Why is it NO - polyamorous reduced God's incomprehensible love to comprehensiblness and turns God Almighty into a sexual being who likes to have you experience a spiritual organism of ecstasy with you when you practice the mystical tradition of achieving union/fellowship with God because God loves everyone...etc and etc...being God is love etc and etc.

Call it spiritual foreplay and then spiritual organism with multiple Christian believers defines God as polyamorous.

This fits what Paul warned Timothy and the church about...

2 Timothy 4:3,4, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." NKJV

Such people actually begin to subtly call into question sound doctrine and then replace it with feelings and the ways of the world' s culture in it.

They are very proud folks who desire to use phrases for shock value to draw people into their points of view. They are proud, period, and their hubris is hidden by great swelling words of empty platitudes.

Calling God polyamorous is heretical and turning God of the bible into gibborim of the pagan promiscuous false gods of Mesopotamia and ancient Greece...

Such teachings as - polyamorous god - is a sign of the last days... a return to paganism.

Would Jesus allow himself to have a polyamorous relationship with the shop owner who says he would like that in this article

Gay coffee shop owner kicks Christians out of cafe, goes on vulgar rant

Folks, please use God given common sense:

1 Timothy 6:3,4,5,6 "If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. 6 But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment." NASB
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys