Did I sell my soul?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Did I sell my soul?

Post by RickD »

To summarize...

I voted for Trump. I'm having regrets. Can't sleep at night. Pangs of conscience. I feel so horrible. Will God forgive me for voting for a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey [poop]?

Will I lose my salvation for voting for such a person?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Re: Did I sell my soul?

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote:To summarize...

I voted for Trump. I'm having regrets. Can't sleep at night. Pangs of conscience. I feel so horrible. Will God forgive me for voting for a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey [poop]?
Of course he will...
God is a loving God who sent his Son to pay the price for all sin... no matter how heinous that sin may be.
1 John 1:9 tells us
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
RickD wrote: Will I lose my salvation for voting for such a person?
Of course not... even the Apostle Paul says that he occasionally struggled with the evil desires of the sinful nature
Romans 7:24-25
Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from [r]the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
:P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Thank You for the kind words, DBowling.

I was afraid I might have committed the unpardonable sin.

What if I had voted for Egg McMuffin? Would God still forgive me for that atrocity?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: What if I had voted for Egg McMuffin? Would God still forgive me for that atrocity?
:lol:
touche'
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

Depends if you're a Calvinist or Arminian. May I suggest you find a priest? :lol:
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

What about indulgences, will those work?
I'm willing to pay quite a hefty price to secure my salvation.

I've been listening to ultimate777, and it seems that voting for Trump may be worse than supporting Hitler or Stalin.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:What about indulgences, will those work?
I'm willing to pay quite a hefty price to secure my salvation.

I've been listening to ultimate777, and it seems that voting for Trump may be worse than supporting Hitler or Stalin.
No offense to him but don't listen to him. Obamacare cannot be repealed and replaced right now.The Republicans do not have a big enough majority in the Senate to do it.This is a way to get around the problem alittle at a time,in steps. This is not Trump selling out to the RINO'S atleast not yet.This is Republicans doing what they have to do to start to get rid of Obamacare in steps because they don't have a big enough majority to repeal it right now. Conservatives met with Trump that are opposed to this bill,Trump is talking to everybody from all sides about this to get their input and it was clear to him that they had no answer to how what they want can be done right now.Trump cannot do all of this by himself.It is up to the voters to vote enough Republicans into power to overcome the problem.Trump is not a dictator and cannot just do what he wants to do.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Ged
Established Member

Post by Ged »

RickD wrote: I've been listening to ultimate777, and it seems that voting for Trump may be worse than supporting Hitler or Stalin.
That might be an exaggeration. :scratchinghead: He might be more like Silvio Berlusconi.

The former Italian prime minister and billionaire media mogul, was dogged by claims that he used an underage prostitute at his infamous “bunga bunga” parties and counted Vladimir Putin as a close ally and friend.

(ps. I have no idea what a "bunga bunga" party is?)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Abe, Trump is the ultimate RINO. It's bizarre that you think he's a Republican.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:Abe, Trump is the ultimate RINO. It's bizarre that you think he's a Republican.
I never said he was a Republican,he is more Libertarian than Republican but he'll be fine as long as he remains true to his campaign promises. Here is what I hope happens with this bill.I hope it dies in the House and then Trump comes out and says We tried to pass a bill to replace Obamacare but the Democrats will not compromise so we are going to not do anything for now and allow people to suffer under Obamacare.The premiums are going up so high that the people cannot pay them.We will let the Democrats own this mess and they will come to us.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:
I never said he was a Republican,he is more Libertarian than Republican but he'll be fine as long as he remains true to his campaign promises.
Is Hillary in prison yet? If not, he's just like every other politician who broke his campaign promises.

God forgive me for voting for this liar!

Why oh why didn't I vote for Egg McMuffin? :crying:

-Edward R Murrow

Ged
Established Member

Post by Ged »

RickD wrote: Why oh why didn't I vote for Egg McMuffin? :crying:
Send Egg over here. :whee: We could do with some good politicians.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Did you vote with your conscience?
If the answer is yes that, will, there you have it.

Personally I would NOT have voted for the man, nor for Hillary, since neither have the moral fiber to govern.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulS wrote:
No. Florida's voting technology hasn't advanced that far. I had to vote with a pen.

Since God told Ted Cruz's dad that Ted was going to be the next president, I figured I'd vote for the underdog.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulS wrote:
No. Florida's voting technology hasn't advanced that far. I had to vote with a pen.

Since God told Ted Cruz's dad that Ted was going to be the next president, I figured I'd vote for the underdog.
Hmmm, I see.
I ASSumed that the voting process was more advanced in the USofA.
In Canada, we can not only vote with our conscience but we can vote our of our ass, as evidenced by the last couple of elections.