Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by RickD »

Byblos,

I think bbyrd says that the Trinity is an evil, fruitless, system, made by the Catholics in Washington D. C., as part of a new world order, to throw off the body of Christ, which may or may not be the actual body of Christ. Or something like that. At least that's what I read. Sounds reasonable to me.

Edit: I'll reread his posts after I smoke a huge bowl. I'm sure it'll all make sense then. :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

Byblos wrote:I honestly can't tell if you're a very smart child or an arrogant fool.
and whether you realize it or not, or care even if you do, notice that you are sliding further and further into antichrist here, now suggesting that i am a fool, when all i ever did was ask for an honest witness of the fruit, a very Scriptural concept, that was of course attacked from every angle possible.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:I honestly can't tell if you're a very smart child or an arrogant fool.
and whether you realize it or not, or care even if you do, notice that you are sliding further and further into antichrist here, now suggesting that i am a fool, when all i ever did was ask for an honest witness of the fruit, a very Scriptural concept, that was of course attacked from every angle possible.
I promise to buy you a fruit basket every week for a year if you proimse to never mention fruit again and start producing some semblance of a defense for your position. I won't hold my breath.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos, I think you owe birdman here an apology. It is simply inappropriate to suggest that he is a fool. Jesus says let our yes be yes and our no be no. He also says to tell the truth. So suggesting he's a fool would be unbiblical.

Nah. Just say it. He's a fool. Now that's a scriptural concept. 8)

I actually haven't read one of his posts in forever. I know he's arguing against the trinity. Did I catch him right saying that Jesus was the Christ but isn't anymore because the church is? I saw something to that effect but could bring myself to try to understand the post. Unlike Rickybobby, I don't have a bowl handy to help with the pain. All I could think of was this:

I'M ONLY KIDDING!!!

Everyone's not dumber. That would just be mean. I'm not dumber.

ok maybe im kidding a little
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Jac3510 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos, I think you owe birdman here an apology. It is simply inappropriate to suggest that he is a fool. Jesus says let our yes be yes and our no be no. He also says to tell the truth. So suggesting he's a fool would be unbiblical.

I actually haven't read one of his posts in forever. I know he's arguing against the trinity. Did I catch him right saying that Jesus was the Christ but isn't anymore because the church is? I saw something to that effect but could bring myself to try to understand the post. Unlike Rickybobby, I don't have a bowl handy to help with the pain. All I could think of was this:

I'M ONLY KIDDING!!!

I only wish I knew what his argument was. How could I? He can't even articulate it coherently. I only hear about fruits. Now I'm in the mood for an apple, from DC. I wonder if I'll need a passport to go there.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Again, for the benefit of those following along, bbyrd is asking for the fruit of the doctrine of the Trinity.

And he claims it's biblical to look for fruit of this doctrine, even after he was shown that his "biblical " argument, was about the fruit of false teachers. And the fruit that the false teachers produce, is their false doctrine. Keep that in mind. Bbyrd is using scripture that talks about doctrine as the fruit, and he's trying to use that as a basis for fruit of the Trinity.

So, essentially when taking scripture out of context, bbyrd is literally looking for the doctrine of a doctrine.

Confused yet?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

I'M ONLY KIDDING!!!

I only wish I knew what his argument was. How could I? He can't even articulate it coherently. I only hear about fruits. Now I'm in the mood for an apple, from DC. I wonder if I'll need a passport to go there.
:pound:

That's hilarious!

I didn't know Catholics had such a sense of humor. :pound:

But seriously, we all know the fruit of bbyrd's beliefs. Yep, can't get any fruitier than this :fruitcake:

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Byblos wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
I promise to buy you a fruit basket every week for a year if you proimse to never mention fruit again and start producing some semblance of a defense for your position. I won't hold my breath.
ha, now you are making promises? look, absent some other mention of the benefits of the doctrine, which is what sane people use to judge a concept by, i am not interested in your characterization where you imagine that you are holding some high ground that has not been demonstrated, when in fact the reverse is what has got you all hot and bothered, ok? You might reflect on this being so personally invested in such an amorphous doctrine, or any doctrine of men, for that matter, which can only damage your faith in the end; how can you come to believe all things, with this perspective? You cannot. Have a good evening.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:Again, for the benefit of those following along, bbyrd is asking for the fruit of the doctrine of the Trinity.

And he claims it's biblical to look for fruit of this doctrine, even after he was shown that his "biblical " argument, was about the fruit of false teachers. And the fruit that the false teachers produce, is their false doctrine. Keep that in mind. Bbyrd is using scripture that talks about doctrine as the fruit, and he's trying to use that as a basis for fruit of the Trinity.

So, essentially when taking scripture out of context, bbyrd is literally looking for the doctrine of a doctrine.

Confused yet?
fine then go with that, ok? If you cannot judge by the results, and you want to characterize me as being a fool for suggesting as much, then fine. I am ok with my concept of trinity, wherein i am called to pick up my cross and follow, and i am the Body of Christ, and hopefully you are satisfied with your understanding of the trinity, too. I don't expect any of you to directly address why that might not be sufficient for you, or your perception of your allegiance to the physical trinity, or any of the other questions that might lead you to truth, that might be uncomfortable for you, ok? By all means consider those rhetorical, and continue on stoning me however you see fit instead.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
ha, now you are making promises? look, absent some other mention of the benefits of the doctrine, which is what sane people use to judge a concept by, i am not interested in your characterization where you imagine that you are holding some high ground that has not been demonstrated, when in fact the reverse is what has got you all hot and bothered, ok? You might reflect on this being so personally invested in such an amorphous doctrine, or any doctrine of men, for that matter, which can only damage your faith in the end; how can you come to believe all things, with this perspective? You cannot. Have a good evening.

Dude you're in way over your head. Run along now. :wave:

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:nice. Can't disagree. Even a Muslim would be agreeable to this; which i believe is the rub, if i am not mistaken.

Unless You are Muslim -- Why do you bring up Muslims -- there's no 'rub' intended.
i bring up Muslims because a prevailing Christian pov is that they are all lost, even though they satisfy the requirements of the Bible, and since they do not hold with the common conception of Trinity, even if they would also accept a Trinitarian who manifested Christ--if that is even possible, i don't know--as a brother, the rub becomes apparent in the condemnation of a nation whose Book requires that an adherent "follow Christ or be doomed" (in one translation of "the Heifer;" et al), and the rub also becomes intended, when it is shown that Christ Himself does not testify to this Trinity concept, and in fact testifies quite a bit to the contrary, like, almost every time He opens His mouth, but regardless, the point being Trinity is hardly a settled issue, even among Christians, who are also being rubbed, yet Trinity is harnessed to divide and exclude other believers, even if the symbology does not present to you that way because you have a good heart.
Seriously, it is high time you put up or shut up. Present your case biblically as well as logically against the trinity and let's see what you've got. And don't give me this mumbo-jumbo talk about you accepting the trinity as it is clear that you don't.
seriously, go find a minion to order around, as the ball is in your court, to somehow attempt some fabricated, ridiculous denial of the harness of the trinity doctrine, when the fruit is only too apparent, my brother. Unless you can witness some other, good-tasting fruit? That my understanding of trinity is not already providing? ty

Are all Muslims 'lost' spiritually? John 3:16 "For God so loved the World that He gave His only Son, that who so ever believeth in My will not perish but have everlasting life.".
Romans 3:23 "For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God". That includes Everyone / every culture / every nation. No one is exempt.

There is also the difference of 'religious literature' -- the Quran / The Holy Bible --- only one is God's Word to mankind.

John 14:6 Jesus Christ is telling everyone "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh to the Father but by Me."
That sounds pretty definite.

Other groups suggest -- kill the infidel. Actually, it's more than a 'suggestion' -- it's an Order.

I'd rather stay with the Positives. Jesus Christ took on Himself - the sinfulness of all of mankind. He died on the cross with it. He became the perfect Lamb of God -- died In Our Place. And then rose back from the dead. All of this so that people could regain fellowship with God. Just like it was originally in the Garden of Eden. The 'working' of the Godhead / Trinity makes all this possible.

In the last chapter of Matthew -- Jesus Christ is instructing the disciples to baptize his followers in the name of 'The Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit." Go to all the world and preach the Gospel.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Byblos wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Seriously, it is high time you put up or shut up. Present your case biblically as well as logically against the trinity and let's see what you've got. And don't give me this mumbo-jumbo talk about you accepting the trinity as it is clear that you don't.
so now, put up or shut up yourself; what is your reaction to the trinity that you pledge allegiance to, that i mentioned, and even showed you a flag for, those people in Wash DC that are not even a legal part of your country, what is your response to that, since you haven't bothered yet, and since that is the real one, the one with a flag of its own, the one you pledge allegiance to, yes? Present me your Biblical case for that one lol.

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good except the Father."
I honestly can't tell if you're a very smart child or an arrogant fool. You came to our house, you need to play by our rules so you first. Enough with talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Byblos, the subject is done, ok, and if Christ Himself does not persuade you, by His own mouth, then understand that i am not interested in continuing to manifest the only fruit of trinity doctrine that we have been able to discern on this thread--at least so far--with you, ok? I honestly can't tell if you are an idiot, or just truly deluded here (did i do that right?), imagining that there is no fruit, and then, when that becomes manifestly ridiculous, still neglecting to provide witness of any? Or acknowledge that we are manifesting its fruit right now?

So you can correctly be characterized as denying the fruit of an imaginary doctrine, while simultaneously pledging allegiance to another trinity that you enjoy the fruits of every day, but refuse to acknowledge the nature of, also, and would not see even if i brought the flag here again, and led you to links that verify that Washington DC is not legally a part of the US, which might seem like a different subject, but one is manifesting the other, the spiritual misunderstanding, developed for the express purpose of dividing and excluding, manifests the physical trinity, which is also not of this world, that you also pledge allegiance to.

And you have the nerve to characterize me as talking from both sides of my mouth? Do you even know what that means, or did it just sound good as a putdown in your mind? How has my story changed here? If you want to accept some trinity concept that your seeking of God has led you to, i have no problem with that, whether i get it or not. But that is not sufficient, is it? For the obvious reason that the point of the doctrine is to find and label an "us," and a "them," the same as your attempt to characterize everyone here as being behind you somehow, "our house," when they are not, and make me to be a "them," any way you can.

I honestly can't tell if you are a psychopath, or a scared little punk, desperate to justify your position with rhetoric, since the most obvious and simple test for judgement here, the fruit, has now failed you these many times. Why not get real about the earthly trinity, at least we would be talking about something real, that some actual fruit might come out of, rather than about your back-door doctrine to make yourself God?
In other words you got nothin. Got it, thanks.
you're welcome, have a nice evening.
Last edited by bbyrd009 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Byblos wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

Dude you're in way over your head. Run along now. :wave:
Aw. Ok then, and best of luck to you ok? Seek God, wherever you may find Him, is my prayer.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:...Go to all the world and preach the Gospel.
ok well that is very noble; but we are going to have to answer the charges of setting the world on fire, ok?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:Again, for the benefit of those following along, bbyrd is asking for the fruit of the doctrine of the Trinity.

Confused yet?
fine then go with that, ok? If you cannot judge by the results, and you want to characterize me as being a fool for suggesting as much, then fine. I am ok with my concept of trinity, wherein i am called to pick up my cross and follow, and i am the Body of Christ, and hopefully you are satisfied with your understanding of the trinity, too. I don't expect any of you to directly address why that might not be sufficient for you, or your perception of your allegiance to the physical trinity, or any of the other questions that might lead you to truth, that might be uncomfortable for you, ok? By all means consider those rhetorical, and continue on stoning me however you see fit instead.
Imageimg host
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them