'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd wrote:
...God does not care what you believe...
God doesn't care if someone believes in Christ? John 3:16
Note how easily we can be having a convo about "beliefs in Christ," v "faith in Christ," though, Rick. So really, which are you asking me? Because...arg, the only reflection i have for you, is that Muslims do not "believe in" Christ like we do, and we even condemn them for this; yet Muslims--at least practicing ones, believe me, Muslims are just like Christians, mostly religious, a few escapees--in general, even the religious ones, might be seen to have plenty of faith in Christ, the Spirit, ok. Even if they use different words. God doesn't care about that. just like the Native americans, totally different words, having their "Forgivneness Ceremony" at Standing rock, right after being attacked by your Masters, with rubber bullets and dogs, and water cannons, in 25 degree weather. Right after that, a forgiveness ceremony, you want the link again? and i never heard the Name "Jesus" or "Christ" mentioned once, ok? They are being First Sons, though.

Just like i could have you, essentially, witnessing how all of the thousands of Muslims in your county, the ones that surround you, are doing, right now, despite the attitude the MSM has fostered in us about Muslims, so their friends can get richer.
I'm asking you a simple question. No need for such a roundabout, complicated answer. Are you saying that God doesn't care if we believe in Christ, as in the belief in John 3:16?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd wrote:
Note how easily we can be having a convo about "beliefs in Christ," v "faith in Christ," though, Rick. So really, which are you asking me? Because...arg, the only reflection i have for you, is that Muslims do not "believe in" Christ like we do, and we even condemn them for this; yet Muslims--at least practicing ones, believe me, Muslims are just like Christians, mostly religious, a few escapees--in general, even the religious ones, might be seen to have plenty of faith in Christ, the Spirit, ok. Even if they use different words. God doesn't care about that. just like the Native americans, totally different words, having their "Forgivneness Ceremony" at Standing rock, right after being attacked by your Masters, with rubber bullets and dogs, and water cannons, in 25 degree weather. Right after that, a forgiveness ceremony, you want the link again? and i never heard the Name "Jesus" or "Christ" mentioned once, ok? They are being First Sons, though.

Just like i could have you, essentially, witnessing how all of the thousands of Muslims in your county, the ones that surround you, are doing, right now, despite the attitude the MSM has fostered in us about Muslims, so their friends can get richer.
I'm asking you a simple question. No need for such a roundabout, complicated answer. Are you saying that God doesn't care if we believe in Christ, as in the belief in John 3:16?
well, yes and no, Rick, which is the reason for the complicated answer, ok? Are you asking me about "belief in Christ" or "faith in Christ?" the Snake on a Pole, or the Risen Savior? "Christ, and Him crucified," or "You are forgiven, when you forgive?" Sin and death, death and sin, relaying that foundation, overandover, or building that Temple, the works that save you?
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

because the two are mutually exclusive, ok?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd wrote:

well, yes and no, Rick, which is the reason for the complicated answer, ok? Are you asking me about "belief in Christ" or "faith in Christ?" the Snake on a Pole, or the Risen Savior? "Christ, and Him crucified," or "You are forgiven, when you forgive?" Sin and death, death and sin, relaying that foundation, overandover, or building that Temple, the works that save you?
Good grief!

It's not rocket surgery! Does God care if we believe/trust in Christ for salvation, or not?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:

Good grief!

It's not rocket surgery! Does God care if we believe/trust in Christ for salvation, or not?
does not the Book go into quite some detail in many places, about sitting on a fence, and denigration of religious people, and presenting the exact same description for those who will hear "I never knew you" and the commands Christ gave to His disciples, or not?
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

you seem to be looking for a yes or no answer, a definitive, to point to; and truth just does not work like that, i guess.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Is it even possible for you to have a rational, intelligible conversation?

I'm being serious. Do you have a problem because of your autism?

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd wrote:

● Heb 10:21-23a . . Since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart, in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience

Sprinkling was a common ritual in the Old Testament-- sometimes with water, sometimes with oil, and sometimes with blood --for example: Ex 29:16, Ex 29:21, Lev 14:7, Lev 14 16, and Num 8:7, et al.

Sprinkling typically serves to de-contaminate someone or some thing in order to make it suitable for God's purposes. Well, in point of fact; none of the Old Testament's sprinklings served to sanitize people's conscience once and for all time. They had to keep bringing one sacrifice after another in a perpetual stream of sacrifices because each sacrifice cleansed their conscience just that one time instead of for all time.

● Heb 10:1-3 . . Since the law has only a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of them, it can never make perfect those who come to worship by the same sacrifices that they offer continually each year. Otherwise, would not the sacrifices have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, once cleansed, would no longer have had any consciousness of sins. But in those sacrifices there is only a yearly remembrance of sins.

Well; thanks be to God that Christ put an end to the tedium of perpetual sprinklings.

● Heb 10:14 . . By one offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

The Greek word for "perfected" in that verse is teleioo (tel-i-o'-o) which essentially speaks of completion; viz: finished.

The Greek word for "sanctified" is hagiazo (hag-ee-ad'-zo) which essentially speaks of things and/or persons set aside for God.

Heb 10:14 speaks of some pretty heavy stuff for such a brief verse. It's like they say: good things come in small packages.
"one offering for all time" is not just Golgotha but the entire Testimony of Yeshua. Golgotha paid for that Testimony which Yeshua received from above, (it was not his own: a man can receive nothing unless it be given him from the heavens, speaking of the bride and the groom, John 3:27-36). Since he paid for that Testimony with his own blood one may only be "purchased" or "ransomed' under that blood by doing the will of Elohim by way of observing that full Testimony. Testimony is Spirit and the Testimony of Yeshua is the Spirit of Grace, (and the blood), and this is how and why the blood testifies. If one does not have and hold the full Testimony of Yeshua in uprightness and in truth then the same has neither the blood nor the Spirit of the Testimony of Yeshua. In the same way it is the Testimony of Yeshua, our Kohen Gadol after the order of Melki-Tzedek, with which we are sprinkled in the Atonement process. Leviticus 16 shows that the Kohen was to sprinkle the blood seven times with his finger, and that is, for all intents and purposes, the Finger of Elohim: for the Kohen is the only one vested with the power and authority of the Almighty to send away sins upon the earth, (which is one of the reasons they accused Yeshua of blaspheming in Matthew 9:1-7, not because "only Elohim" can send away sins, but because only the Kohen was vested with such authority from on High; and that was only once in a year at Yom Kippurim). But what does Yeshua say about himself using the "Finger of Elohim"? He says that he uses it for casting out demons or devils; and therefore it can only come to pass by way of his Testimony, (if one truly understands what are meant by unclean spirits and demons or devils with their doctrines).

Leviticus 16:13-19 KJV
13 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not:
14 And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.
15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:
16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
17 And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel. [Revelation 15:8]
18 And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.
19 And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

If one understands that each and every one of the children of Israel is likened to a miniature version of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, (just as the house-body-temple analogies of Paul), then the above makes perfect sense because the Kohen Gadol is to cleanse-purge-atone for each and every house-temple-tabernacle of each and every one of the children of Israel, (each in his or her own appointed times). That is why Yeshua says that he casts out devils or demons with the Finger of Elohim, for it is by his Testimony, just as Mary Magdalene had seven devils cast out of her, (Luke 8:2), and another place where either the same or possibly another Mary, (sister of Martha), sat at his feet and soaked up his Testimony, Teaching, and Doctrine, (Luke 10:39-42).

Luke 11:19-20
19 And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.
20 But if I with the Finger of Elohim cast out demons, no doubt the kingdom of Elohim is come upon you!

The Finger of Elohim statement is a quasi-claim to Priesthood, (that of Melki-Tzedek). The offering of Messiah is the full Testimony which must be applied to the header and the side posts of the house-body-temple. Since you do not have the literal blood of a literal lamb to apply to your house it is clear that it is the Testimony of Yeshua which must be applied to the door posts of your house-body-temple-tabernacle.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Bbyrd,

Please post the link from where you take quotes. This is basic forum etiquette. You cannot just copy and paste quotes, without showing the site from where you got them.

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:Is it even possible for you to have a rational, intelligible conversation?

I'm being serious. Do you have a problem because of your autism?
well, i don't see it as a problem, RickD, it is completely normal to me. I just do not function well, socially speaking, according to most other people; i miss the cues that women who are (or rather, used to be) attracted to me give, those normal things that people do, that i just don't connect properly with their intent, because after all if you are attracted to me, then why not say so? (in this example)

of course there are perfectly valid reasons, that have to do with ego, ego preservation, ok, that i have come to understand on an intellectual level as i have gotten older.

But see that i am not afforded the same luxury you have, now, of asking you "Is it even possible for you to have a rational, intelligible conversation?" i, also, am being serious. Was the question @ "Trinity" unclear, or is there some other reason that you have not Testified to your Belief there, and stood up for it, yet? You seemed quite passionate, about your belief there, earlier today. Until i suggested the most basic, fundamental Christian yardstick, from which to evaluate it?

But you ask me if it is even possible for me to have a rational, intelligible convo, with a straight face?

and look, i can see how this is going to be taken, alright. I don't mean to dwell on this, and don't care about that, that part. At all. I could have served myself much better to just ignore this post of yours, and not replied to it, and let people see what they would see, in your post.

So understand now, how i give you back "the hand," and prolly appear to be saving my ego, now, or trying to--that many might see this, regardless--when you had just gifted me the hand, and i had the high ground, and i could have just shut up, ok? Making this post can only be a loser, for me, iow; i cannot possibly "win" here.

Have you stopped beating your mother yet? :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

And you have just shown again, with this answer, why I asked the question. When addressing fairly straightforward questions, instead of giving an answer with a brief explanation, you write a novel consisting of very vague answers. You don't even give an answer to the question.

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:Bbyrd,

Please post the link from where you take quotes. This is basic forum etiquette. You cannot just copy and paste quotes, without showing the site from where you got them.
actually i would prefer that, RickD, but the posters apparently prefer this way, for some reason i don't quite get? Something about ego? Maybe the one perceived to have not shined in the exchange does not wish to be outed, like that? How would you like it, iow, if i dragged your quotes, with your name, to another site, where, of course, i would be attempting to demonstrate how i "won" some debate or whatever, and where you surely would not be presented in an unbiased manner? Would my assurances that i usually denigrate myself in these, and not the perceived other, serve to calm your fears, then?

And also, this causes problems with the owners of this forum, or at least it usually does; they generally dislike this kind of cross-posting--even though "cross-links" exist, no forum owner activates them, unless they own both sites.

So, if you want what you are asking, will you activate the cross-linking, then? I am ignorant here, maybe it has something to do with the ad revenue or something, which i must respect.

And also i will say that anything you post on a forum is in the public domain, which you prolly already know. Also, within an hour or so now, after the initial post, anyone can search it, and find the original.

So now, if you will tell me what to do there, what the policy is, i will adhere to it, ok? But i will tell you that i have been upbraided for doing exactly what you are asking, and actually, while i was not legally or even morally bound to do so, i put those in "quotes" as a nod in your direction, on this, treading a fine line, and coming as close to your request here as i can, without taking advantage of other concerned parties.

If rephrasing them, or paraphrasing them is better, and omitting the "quotes," then i can do that, too; but then see how all trackbacking is lost there, for a seeker who wants them. So, let me know.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:And you have just shown again, with this answer, why I asked the question. When addressing fairly straightforward questions, instead of giving an answer with a brief explanation, you write a novel consisting of very vague answers. You don't even give an answer to the question.
Because your question was offensive, Rick, and a direct answer would only be taken as offense, also, ok.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

this way you get what you want-
-as demonstrated by your reply, wadr;
you picked out just what you wanted-
-and others get what they want,
and i am not seen to be offensive, as i want.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxxxxxxxx cxxxx View Post
Is this a biblical error since it didn't happen? Or is it just Jesus' error?
Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.
It is no error if you understand there are four generations of man:

Proverbs 30:11-14 KJV
11 There is a generation [1] that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
12 There is a generation [2] that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
13 There is a generation, [3] O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
14 There is a generation, [4] whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, [teeth of iron, Daniel 7:7] to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

The same happens in both the Matthew and Luke versions of the following:

Matthew 12:38-45 KJV
38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation [1] seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, [2] and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, [3] and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation [4].

So be careful what you ask for, (signs), because there is no such thing as a "generational curse", as some think they read in the Torah, that is, "to the third and fourth generation" concerning physical seed lines, (because it is supernal in meaning: four generations to the one man in his "house"). These four generations are the first "age" of the man, like the four seasons in a full year: autumn, winter, spring, and the summer of your wheat harvest, (when the fig puts forth its foliage you know that summer is near: the signs are supernal). Those accounted worthy to obtain the next "age", and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: neither can they die any more, for they are equal to the messengers, and are sons of Elohim, being sons of the resurrection, (this does not speak of the physical death of the body).
So, provide a link, and expose the first poster? Expose his sin further? Don't overlook it? When that is not necessary, to make the lesson, but his comment might be? Trust me, i lay in bed at night, thinking about this, ok.