Marijuana vs Pharmaceuticals

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Marijuana vs Pharmaceuticals

Post by Storyteller »

I think it should be, and will be, legalised... eventually.
Not for recreational use but for medical use.
I don't want to say too much on a public forum but let's just say I know someone who grew medical strains, making sure there was only ever three plants in bud. He got busted, the police destroyed the plants, all the kit and took away all the bud they found. Said person admitted it was for personal use, medical reasons, the police were great.
Apparently, our local council is growing some medical plants down the road!

If used wisely, for medical reasons, it can be life changing so I wouldn't necessarily say it went against Gods wishes. Recreationally though, and I use it recreationally, I don't think that's good at all. Sure, it's not addictive, no deaths have been reported from it, but that doesn't mean it's harmless.
Some say, and I've felt this too, that you can feel closer to God if you smoke but having been straight for nearly four weeks now, that's just the weed altering your perception.

I broke my ankle last year, had morphine, hated it.. tramadol, hated it.... smoked a joint, job done. So, medically, I'd choose weed.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I hope the police appologised for destroying his plants! :(
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

You know what? They actually did, they were really nice :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:You know what? They actually did, they were really nice :)
And I bet they smoked a fat one with you.
:eugeek:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Ha!
Wasn't me, remember? ;)

When said person told them "Guess what I want now?" their response was "Best wait till we've gone, we don't want to have to book you for possession, do we?" :twisted:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Ha!
Wasn't me, remember? ;)

When said person told them "Guess what I want now?" their response was "Best wait till we've gone, we don't want to have to book you for possession, do we?" :twisted:
Of course it wasn't you. It was a "friend". ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Another thought -- just because it's available and can be done -- doesn't mean it's in a person's best interest to do it.

People who Want an excuse to smoke pot will do it regardless.

One of the problems with pot is that it results in lethargy -- the person doesn't Care -- and I don't want That person in a car driving down the street or highway. Or not caring what happens to their family or job or ....

And if a person is sharing an apartment with someone who uses it -- they don't have to be the smoker Of, to have it show up in a drug test.

There Must be other more viable treatments / medications available other than pot -- Before pot became - has started to Become used as a medication.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I agree crochet :)

You know I am always honest, yes? Well, I'm stoned right now. Why? Because I want to escape myself, the miserable, worthless person that I have believed I am for so long. I know, without a doubt that because of Christ that isn't true. I am unique, troubled, fighting, blessed and loved. I don't want to smoke weed, I want to fill myself with God but I am me, a sinner. But I am also tenacious, a trier, I will not quit, I KNOW I am saved, a saint, not a sinner in His eyes because I believe, because He told me and because I am guided by the Holy Spirit, and I'm not afraid anymore.
Would I want my daughter to smoke weed? No, I don't want to.
But, I do think there is a place for it, medically.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:I agree crochet :)

You know I am always honest, yes? Well, I'm stoned right now. Why? Because I want to escape myself, the miserable, worthless person that I have believed I am for so long. I know, without a doubt that because of Christ that isn't true. I am unique, troubled, fighting, blessed and loved. I don't want to smoke weed, I want to fill myself with God but I am me, a sinner. But I am also tenacious, a trier, I will not quit, I KNOW I am saved, a saint, not a sinner in His eyes because I believe, because He told me and because I am guided by the Holy Spirit, and I'm not afraid anymore.
Would I want my daughter to smoke weed? No, I don't want to.
But, I do think there is a place for it, medically.
I agree with ST.

I have never used weed but often I have had a glass or two of wine to try to combat or dull some of ST's own feelings, some of which I share.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:Another thought -- just because it's available and can be done -- doesn't mean it's in a person's best interest to do it.

One of the problems with pot is that it results in lethargy -- the person doesn't Care -- and I don't want That person in a car driving down the street or highway. Or not caring what happens to their family or job or ....

And if a person is sharing an apartment with someone who uses it -- they don't have to be the smoker Of, to have it show up in a drug test.

There Must be other more viable treatments / medications available other than pot -- Before pot became - has started to Become used as a medication.
weed today is not like that. we grow some weed--the kind that makes me normal; i am autistic--you couldn't sit down on it, it would make you quite paranoid, even. The weed you remember, "sleep-weed," nobody smokes that anymore. well, not for recreation. We grow a strain of "Charlotte's Web" that is like that; which we give away, to desperate parents with sick children.

Also, if you are sharing an apt with a smoker, you pee clean, unless you just stay in the room every time, and sit right by the tip of the joint or whatever.

see that you came up in the "Reefer Madness" generation; a concentrated effort had just succeeded in outlawing pot, using what can only be described as devious means to do so. But surely you are aware that the Founding Fathers all grew it, and pretty much all smoked it (sleepy-weed), and it was even required of a landowner to grow hemp, at one time?

See, Big Business, Big Pharma, and to a lesser extent even Big Food (Monsanto) could not compete with hemp, on any level, ok? People who have hemp crops are not good consumers; they are self-sufficient. What other "more viable treatments / medications" come to mind? Pharmacopea? That you have to buy from somewhere, right?
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Another thought -- just because it's available and can be done -- doesn't mean it's in a person's best interest to do it.

weed today is not like that. we grow some weed--the kind that makes me normal; i am autistic--you couldn't sit down on it, it would make you quite paranoid, even. The weed you remember, "sleep-weed," nobody smokes that anymore. well, not for recreation. We grow a strain of "Charlotte's Web" that is like that; which we give away, to desperate parents with sick children.

Also, if you are sharing an apt with a smoker, you pee clean, unless you just stay in the room every time, and sit right by the tip of the joint or whatever.

see that you came up in the "Reefer Madness" generation; a concentrated effort had just succeeded in outlawing pot, using what can only be described as devious means to do so. But surely you are aware that the Founding Fathers all grew it, and pretty much all smoked it (sleepy-weed), and it was even required of a landowner to grow hemp, at one time?

See, Big Business, Big Pharma, and to a lesser extent even Big Food (Monsanto) could not compete with hemp, on any level, ok? People who have hemp crops are not good consumers; they are self-sufficient. What other "more viable treatments / medications" come to mind? Pharmacopea? That you have to buy from somewhere, right?

That explains a Great deal.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

There is a compound that's extracted from weed called cbd's or cannabinoids and it might have cancer fighting properties . A biochemist who worked at one of the top cancer research facilities in the world md Anderson named Dennis hill came down with advanced prostate cancer that had spread to his organs and he claims to have cured himself by taking cannabinoids and also says he can explain how it does it. If I knew about this early maybe my dad would still be alive.

Even though I never took weed in my life I had a medical weed card just in case .

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/dennis ... s-oil.html
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Even the stooges of the establishment now admit they were wrong about medical marijuana

https://youtu.be/z8C6CK3LEXw
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

bbyrd009 wrote: i am autistic--you couldn't sit down on it, it would make you quite paranoid, even. The weed you remember, "sleep-weed," nobody smokes that anymore. well, not for recreation. We grow a strain of "Charlotte's Web" that is like that; which we give away, to desperate parents with sick children?
bbyrd009 you mentioned that you are autistic but which type do you have - Asperger's or ???

Do you understand how this state affects how you come across to others??
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

B. W. wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote: i am autistic--you couldn't sit down on it, it would make you quite paranoid, even. The weed you remember, "sleep-weed," nobody smokes that anymore. well, not for recreation. We grow a strain of "Charlotte's Web" that is like that; which we give away, to desperate parents with sick children?
bbyrd009 you mentioned that you are autistic but which type do you have - Asperger's or ???

Do you understand how this state affects how you come across to others??
-
-
-
yes, i am mildly Asperger's, and yes, i understand that this affects my readability, also; but trust that i can be as clear as anyone, too, ok.

So then, i am not real comprehensible, possibly, at the best of times--my boss, a non-smoker, insists i get high before i work with him, for instance--and drunk on the wine, it just gets worse, i guess. Yet there are usually some few who have no problems even reading me then.

I strive to be as clear as i am being right now, at all times, is all i can tell you.

Now, with all this in mind, you might explain to me how to explain to the Moose that he sniffed the arrow that would kill him, that day? At 2:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcqZ_9Ga6GY
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."