'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: 'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Scripture DOES tell us that No One on earth knows the time or day or anything related to when the rapture will take place
:lol: ok

Go ahead and laugh at Scripture if you choose to. :shakehead:
jpbg33
Sex: Male

Post by jpbg33 »

abelcainsbrother I did not say that we are saved with out Jesus. I said that after Jesus ross from the dead we could be saved. You said we had to wait for the upper room not me.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Scripture DOES tell us that No One on earth knows the time or day or anything related to when the rapture will take place

ok, well i am not doing that, but you are right, that was unkind anyway, and i am rightly accused of going right back to pulling tares.

Scripture does tell us that no one knows the day or the hour, yes. And i understand how this is then made into a single, group day, of a single, mass event, alright. For some single, "last" generation. But another interpretation has that applying to each, in their own time, only God knows when, in each case, and this allows for Christ's Word to Caiaphas to also be true, whereas a Rapture interpretation cannot, wadr. <edit>or, i'll take that back, there might be some way, i am not God, but you would have to explain to me how Christ's Word to Caiaphas could also be true, and not negated by that.

I have just this morning posted a ref to Christ's Word to Caiaphas, two or three posts back from this one, not sure which thread though, sorry. might even be this one? but i cannot tell in this edit window, the format here being what it is, so my apologies there.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

bbyrd009's interpretation of Israel walking across the red sea on dry land.

Israel didn't really walk across on dry land because we all know that you could not really split the water and dry it like that that is impossible. What really happened was Moses raised his staff towards the red sea which caused the Israelites to start practicing swimming and they practiced all night and the next morning they were so good at swimming that when they were swimming it was as if they were on dry land. Then when the people of Egypt seen Israel swim across so easily they tried and about half way across they found they could not make it but it was to late they had all swam out to far and all drowned.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

ok, well i am not doing that, but you are right, that was unkind anyway, and i am rightly accused of going right back to pulling tares.

Scripture does tell us that no one knows the day or the hour, yes. And i understand how this is then made into a single, group day, of a single, mass event, alright. For some single, "last" generation. But another interpretation has that applying to each, in their own time, only God knows when, in each case, and this allows for Christ's Word to Caiaphas to also be true, whereas a Rapture interpretation cannot, wadr. <edit>or, i'll take that back, there might be some way, i am not God, but you would have to explain to me how Christ's Word to Caiaphas could also be true, and not negated by that.

I have just this morning posted a ref to Christ's Word to Caiaphas, two or three posts back from this one, not sure which thread though, sorry. might even be this one? but i cannot tell in this edit window, the format here being what it is, so my apologies there.

You said that you were not laughing at Scripture -- regarding the rapture -- the emoticon you chose to use says otherwise.
" :ebiggrin: " actually you used the 'big grin' Not the laughing one. The 'big grin' could be translated / interpreted As laughing. That Scripture passage is pretty much self-explanatory. But -- you brought up Christ's Word to Caiaphas -- where is that found.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

You said that you were not laughing at Scripture -- regarding the rapture -- the emoticon you chose to use says otherwise.
" :ebiggrin: " actually you used the 'big grin' Not the laughing one. The 'big grin' could be translated / interpreted As laughing. That Scripture passage is pretty much self-explanatory. But -- you brought up Christ's Word to Caiaphas -- where is that found.
yes, you are right, i was being derisive, and trying to pull tares, so ty for calling me on it.

i dislike this "That Scripture passage is pretty much self-explanatory," i hope you understand, because this is the way OP people talk, and imo it cuts one off from any further illumination that "Living Word" might afford one, in reading the God~Breathed Book. ok?

as to the Caiaphas passage, i could go get it for you, but i would not be serving you, who resists search, wadr.
(way) 1) Go into my profile, and go down to "User Statistics," and then "search user's posts."
2) go to the "search" window, top right of any page on sight, and enter in _______, in this case "Caiaphas," and pick the relevant return from the choices there, using the date codes, and poster names, etc, to narrow your search.
3) go to a Bible search (Bsearch, for my shorthand) engine, here's one (of the five that i commonly use now)
http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=Caiaphas

wherein you see that i already did all the work for you, and the relevant passage can be picked out (but it is also right in this thread, or like the only other one that i have concentrated on today, here onsite)

so, at that link, that bigger, blank "bar," with the magnifying-glass icon in red, on the right of it? that is a "search engine," in this case a "Bsearch engine." (a common usage)

so hopefully, although it took me an extra minute, i have taught you to fish now, instead of giving you a fish. and believe me, i understand, and sympathize, i only got to where i am there, to my (middling-poor) grasp of computers by concentrated effort, school for it, even. if it gets too frustrating, i have no problem just giving you the fish, ok.

ps, i detest google, use DuckDuckGo mostly, but i notice that for verses that you cannot remember the exact syntax for, but can only paraphrase? google search seems to work much better than Bsearch. Bsearch imo is best for Greek words, and even for Hebrew words, single words in Bsearch, i guess, is the general idea that i am trying to impart there.

gotta run, have a blessed day
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Actually I found it by myself -- on another thread.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

jpbg33 wrote:bbyrd009's interpretation of Israel walking across the red sea on dry land.

Israel didn't really walk across on dry land because we all know that you could not really split the water and dry it like that that is impossible. What really happened was Moses raised his staff towards the red sea which caused the Israelites to start practicing swimming and they practiced all night and the next morning they were so good at swimming that when they were swimming it was as if they were on dry land. Then when the people of Egypt seen Israel swim across so easily they tried and about half way across they found they could not make it but it was to late they had all swam out to far and all drowned.
not sure why you say this? so i'll just leave it alone; but i would invite you to interpret Christ's Word to Caiaphas, also, within your Rapture model. Was Christ lying to Caiaphus and the others? In your model, He was, and yet i am considered the Christ-denier, the Book denier. Come now, and let us reason together ...
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote: :lol: ok

yes, you are right, i was being derisive, and trying to pull tares, so ty for calling me on it.

i dislike this "That Scripture passage is pretty much self-explanatory," i hope you understand, because this is the way OP people talk, and imo it cuts one off from any further illumination that "Living Word" might afford one, in reading the God~Breathed Book. ok?

as to the Caiaphas passage, i could go get it for you, but i would not be serving you, who resists search, wadr.
(way) 1) Go into my profile, and go down to "User Statistics," and then "search user's posts."
2) go to the "search" window, top right of any page on sight, and enter in _______, in this case "Caiaphas," and pick the relevant return from the choices there, using the date codes, and poster names, etc, to narrow your search.
3) go to a Bible search (Bsearch, for my shorthand) engine, here's one (of the five that i commonly use now)
http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=Caiaphas

wherein you see that i already did all the work for you, and the relevant passage can be picked out (but it is also right in this thread, or like the only other one that i have concentrated on today, here onsite)

so, at that link, that bigger, blank "bar," with the magnifying-glass icon in red, on the right of it? that is a "search engine," in this case a "Bsearch engine." (a common usage)

so hopefully, although it took me an extra minute, i have taught you to fish now, instead of giving you a fish. and believe me, i understand, and sympathize, i only got to where i am there, to my (middling-poor) grasp of computers by concentrated effort, school for it, even. if it gets too frustrating, i have no problem just giving you the fish, ok.

ps, i detest google, use DuckDuckGo mostly, but i notice that for verses that you cannot remember the exact syntax for, but can only paraphrase? google search seems to work much better than Bsearch. Bsearch imo is best for Greek words, and even for Hebrew words, single words in Bsearch, i guess, is the general idea that i am trying to impart there.

gotta run, have a blessed day
You are an interesting little soul.
Smart, obviously but so edgy....

We are all finding our way, we are all searching, still.

If someone asks, who are we to deny them, or mock them?
Seek and ye will find.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

well, ty. i am really trying to lose the "edgy" thing, this just makes communication harder. i don't even like it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Maybe someone here can help me. I'm looking for a good bible translation. Every one I read, seems to say in John 3:16, that if one believes, one has eternal or everlasting life.

It seems all biblical translations got it wrong. Can someone please point me to the translation that has the correct translation of John 3:16? I don't understand how all the scholars clearly missed the fact that everlasting/eternal is wrong, and should correctly be translated to the English word, "temporary".

How did so many get it so wrong?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It seems all biblical translations got it wrong. Can someone please point me to the translation that has the correct translation of John 3:16? I don't understand how all the scholars clearly missed the fact that everlasting/eternal is wrong, and should correctly be translated to the English word, "temporary".

Oh, you literalist, you!
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

bbyrd009 you are not reading those verses right. Jesus was not talking to the high priest and saying that the high priest was going to see these thing but He was saying not in respect of the high priest seeing these things but that one day people on earth would see him come back in the clouds.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote:Maybe someone here can help me. I'm looking for a good bible translation. Every one I read, seems to say in John 3:16, that if one believes, one has eternal or everlasting life.

Yes, if one believes. What if one does not believe any longer.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:Maybe someone here can help me. I'm looking for a good bible translation. Every one I read, seems to say in John 3:16, that if one believes, one has eternal or everlasting life.

Yes, if one believes. What if one does not believe any longer.
If one believes, then doesn't believe any longer, one no longer bears fruit. Jac addressed it here.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony