Don't mess with the Squirrels

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Don't mess with the Squirrels

Post by B. W. »

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Don't mess with the Squirrels

Post by Philip »

Ah, my big Pyr, whenever he sees a squirrel he's almost dragging me (he's 115 lbs. and thinks the leash if for ME) to go after, I'm always telling him, "Noah, the first squirrel you ever catch will be the last one you ever mess with" - as those little guys can seriously mess you up! Those same teeth that break hard nuts are serious weapons!

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote:Ah, my big Pyr, whenever he sees a squirrel he's almost dragging me (he's 115 lbs. and thinks the leash if for ME) to go after, I'm always telling him, "Noah, the first squirrel you ever catch will be the last one you ever mess with" - as those little guys can seriously mess you up! Those same teeth that break hard nuts are serious weapons!

Never thought about their nut cracking teeth. I'll be sure to wear a box if I know I'm going into squirrel territory. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

lol. yes, they can be quite vicious! Reminds me of a video i saw, years ago, "when squirrels attack," maybe? hilarious.

my dad had an affinity for squirrels, being a cajun, i guess, and wherever we lived, he would make friends with all the squirrels, they would come sit in his lap, etc--or anyone's, for that matter, after he had tamed them--but he had had quite a harrowing experience with a squirrel who he had befriended as a child, when it clamped down on his hand one day, and refused to let go, i guess. Some fathers being...the way they are, around their sons, i never really got the whole story, but just the explanation for the squirrel's behavior being "well, i just made the wrong move," was about as clear as my dad ever got on it.

i have inherited the animal thing, i have petted wild bears, even, (not recommended, but also not hard at all), and now understand that a "petting" move is not viewed by the squirrel in the same manner as it is viewed by a bear, to put it mildly.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."