Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

Post by Jac3510 »

Don't both with youtube comments. Too many trolls and never any substantive conversation.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
BigHamster
Recognized Member

Post by BigHamster »

Yep, wont bother posting there. One guy got pounced on by a few (hundred) posters. Yikes!
BigHamster
Recognized Member

Post by BigHamster »

BigHamster wrote:Yep, wont bother posting there. One guy got pounced on by a few (hundred) posters. Yikes!
Interestingly, this post....."The sin issue was resolved 2000 yrs ago. God is no longer imputing sin to the world; He is now offering Justification to all who believe, not the forgiveness of sins, because all sin has been forgiven in Christ a long time ago."

and on doing 'works'...

"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'god, I thank you that I am not like other men - robbers, evildoers, adulterers - or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.' But the tax collector stood at a distance, he would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' ....."I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he humbles himself will be exalted." (Luke 18:10-14)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by crochet1949 »

Now -- hopefully our friend will respond to RickD's question. He did say he would share some info with us.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Matthew 11:28-30
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I'm sorry I only have the internet at work normally leave at 3:30

We are saved by faith alone but how do we know that we really have faith? We keep his commandments. How can this be the bible say that Christians are the only ones that can keep his commandments.

1Jn 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 
1Jn 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 

not only that but Jesus said if you love Me then you will keep My commandments.

Joh 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Joh 14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

and believing is not the commandments he was talking about. Us keeping his commandments is how we know we believe.
we are not saved because we keep his commandments but that is how we know we are saved.

and crochet1949 people were not saved as we know it before Jesus died on the cross there sins were just road back. That was why they went to Parricide when they died if they were living for God. People in the old testament wasn't given the power to overcome the world that was given by God after Jesus died on the cross.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Which commandments are you referring to?

And btw, where is Parricide?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Joh 13:34  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 

at 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 
Mat 22:38  This is the first and great commandment. 
Mat 22:39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 
Mat 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. 

Joh 13:34  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 
Joh 13:35  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. 

according to Jesus if you Love God and others you will obey the other commandment as well.

doing right is all about loving others.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Jacobs bosom in the bible is what we call Parricide to day.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:Jacobs bosom in the bible is what we call Parricide to day.
Paradise.

May I ask what your native language is?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

It's Abrahams' bosom.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:

It's Abrahams' bosom.
It's Abraham's bosom. Apostrophe before the s.
:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

You are right I was thinking off the top of my head I should have looked it up yes it is Abraham's bosom

someone was talking to me while I was posting it sorry about that it was Abraham's bosom
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

jpbg33 wrote:I'm sorry I only have the internet at work normally leave at 3:30

We are saved by faith alone but how do we know that we really have faith? We keep his commandments. How can this be the bible say that Christians are the only ones that can keep his commandments.

1Jn 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 
1Jn 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 

not only that but Jesus said if you love Me then you will keep My commandments.

Joh 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Joh 14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

and believing is not the commandments he was talking about. Us keeping his commandments is how we know we believe.
we are not saved because we keep his commandments but that is how we know we are saved.

and crochet1949 people were not saved as we know it before Jesus died on the cross there sins were just road back. That was why they went to Parricide when they died if they were living for God. People in the old testament wasn't given the power to overcome the world that was given by God after Jesus died on the cross.

You've used the term phrase "'their sins were just 'road back' " -- what do you mean by that. 'road back'.

By FAITH -- the Old Testament people -- Everyone had the words from the prophets / Isaiah , Jeremiah, etc who warned the people of their sins and coming judgment and predicted the Coming of the Messiah and what He would be doing. So they , by Faith, looked Towards / believed in His Future coming. And, they went to Abraham's bosom Until Jesus Christ died and rose again.
And people - while Jesus Christ was Here, by faith / trusting that He was God's Son / accepted or rejected Him as their Savior. Many didn't trust / believe even when Christ was Amongst us.
And We look Back at the cross and accept that what He Did was all that was needed by God, the Father to take care of our sins -- justification -- seeing us 'just as if we'd never sinned'.
All of this was done / has been done By FAITH -- no good works on our part.
The Ten Commandments in the Old Testament have been replaced in the New Testament by 'we are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul and to love our neighbor as ourself'.

When we love someone - it's a natural response on our part to do what pleases them. Well -- within reason and not hurting us in some way.

Once we are a child of God -- the Holy Spirit puts within our heart the desire to do what pleases God -- brings glory to Him. It is Not the doing to insure our salvation. It is because Of our salvation.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hey jpbg,

¿Cuál es tu idioma nativo?

-Edward R Murrow