Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by Philip »

While we do NOT have the words of Jesus directly on this matter ( since it was NOT an issue during His preaching), we must do some very acrobatic mental gymnastics to somehow condone homosexual activity as Christians.
Christian doctrine is based upon the New Testament, in which Jesus affirms that the entirety of the OT is also God-given. So, if you believe the NT and what it says Jesus said, and what His Apostles echo, is that the God who gave us the Church, also is the very same God Who gave Israel the Law and the Prophets. And particularly in the OT, God reveals His great displeasure and anger at those practicing homosexuality (as well as other sins). He definitely highlights this particular sin. So, you either believe what Jesus said about the OT, and about what the Apostles also said, as they quoted so prolifically from the OT that one could almost assemble it just from the NT quotations about it.

I've asked before. Again: Dan, why do you not believe what Scripture says about homosexuality? Do you not believe Scripture is God-given? Or are you cherry-picking what parts you'd like to agree with, and what parts you disagree with (making oneself the arbitrator of what parts truth is found in). Because as Rick noted, what you apparently believe is in conflict with Scripture. You also are advocating the most hideous thing: That a Christian should follow laws and conduct themselves in ways they believe Scripture shows them not to. You're elevating allegiance to man over God. VERY scary when Christians do this.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Look at this situation:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.ca/2016/10/ ... chard.html

Here is a highly respected Christian scholar, Richard Swinburne, speaking about a clear-cut Christian view on homosexuality, one that everyone in the SCP knows he has, and see the drama?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:The case served its purpose, to show where Dan's made his bed.
Your judgement is based on a lie.

Jesus has my back and Christ has made my bed for me and I rest in his peace. y>:D<
Christ may have "made your bed for you", but you're having an adulterous affair with the enemy, by promoting the persecution of Christians, for holding to their conscience, and misrepresenting them by saying they discriminate on the basis of someone's sexual orientation.

Facts do matter Dan.

I don't support persecution of Christians, I do support the prosecution of people who break the law, I do support the rights of individuals, I am against Christians persecuting other people and discriminating against certain groups of people, I am against Christians unfairly targeting innocent people.

You are promoting legalism, Christians targeting innocent people, Christians persecuting groups of people and individuals and the breaking of fair and just laws. This is the antithesis of everything that Christ was about.

I am not the one sleeping with the enemy here...................

But believe as you like it has no effect on me, you have my warmest and sincere prayers. y[-o<
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Question,

If Jesus was a baker, what would he do?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:Question,

If Jesus was a baker, what would he do?

I think he would have absolutely baked them a cake, he would have met them where they were at and served them like a servant, most of all he would have loved them even though they were sinners.

I also think he would have admonished the bakers of his time for being harsh and cruel for letting the letter of the law interfere with grace and mercy.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

So if he served the cake, you are saying he would have attended the wedding, wishing them the best for their marriage?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:So if we served the cake, you are saying he would have attended the wedding, wishes them the best for their marriage?

I am not going to presume in that situation what Jesus would do, as there is no precedent to base it on. So I am agnostic in this situation.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Interesting....

If we cant know what Jesus would have done then how are we suppose to live as Jesus did according to what the bible tells us to do. Jesus had love and grace, but he also had Truth.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:Interesting....

If we cant know what Jesus would have done then how are we suppose to live as Jesus did according to what the bible tells us to do. Jesus had love and grace, but he also had Truth.
There were many things Jesus didn't specifically talk about, but If I go by his example I would attend the wedding as support for the people, even though I may not agree with it, because I have enough grace and mercy to know that we don't live in a perfect world and allowances have to be made for a broken people. So I guess that is maybe what Jesus would have done, but like I said there is no specific incidence to compare it with, there is only Jesus' character.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Tell me Nessa why I should believe anything you say or do is from Christ, or for that matter anyone here. You guys make personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you, you try to tear down people instead of the argument.

For example.
I guess I better not ask him if he really lives in a box under a bridge in Toowoomba like FL says...
Now you can say I am thin skinned, emotional, angry, upset, sleeping with the enemy and all manner of things, but you lose my respect and respect for anything you have to say and I would imagine all the people reading this would be similar. They would see the way you all act and think that Christians are evil, and I would not blame them from thinking such things.

Of course I am not saying I am perfect, I react to things people say sometimes, but I do my best to engage the arguments and not make it personal.

So I am finding it very hard to take anything you say with any seriousness at this point in time, as far as I am concerned you are just one of them.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth?
Through the lens of Christ and not the law.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth?
The lens of Christ?

I would say the lens of Truth. Tho Christ is also the Truth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
And apparently, Christ supports homosexual weddings.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
The lens of Christ?

I would say the lens of Truth. Tho Christ is also the Truth.
Semantics.