Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:It is a separate issue, but Graham apparently broke the law so your logic still seems to largely apply in your following words:
D220 wrote:You do the crime, you do the time.

What they are doing in my view is sinful and being held accountable to that is fair and just, just like I would view any other criminal activity.

Yes what he is doing is sinful for the reasons I have already explained through the example of my friends sister, but if you require me to explain it more clearly for you I will.

Through his illegal protest he is causing undue harm to others that get caught in the cross fire, the end does not justify the means, period.
Yes, I thought you'd agree with his being thrown behind bars. No shocks there really, not for me anyway.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:It is a separate issue, but Graham apparently broke the law so your logic still seems to largely apply in your following words:
D220 wrote:You do the crime, you do the time.

What they are doing in my view is sinful and being held accountable to that is fair and just, just like I would view any other criminal activity.

Yes what he is doing is sinful for the reasons I have already explained through the example of my friends sister, but if you require me to explain it more clearly for you I will.

Through his illegal protest he is causing undue harm to others that get caught in the cross fire, the end does not justify the means, period.
Yes, I thought you'd agree with his being thrown behind bars. No shocks there really, not for me anyway.
Did you want to engage the arguments of why I said that?
Separate issue, but I think the child's right to life outweighs anything unless the mothers life is at risk or there is no life in there, however you can protest without breaking the law, there are reasons for this law, as not all abortions are a violation of human rights and as such demonstrating outside a clinic can have a negative emotional impact on an individual that requires this procedure, so I think that the law is appropriate.

For example my friends sister who is a strong Christian woman became pregnant, however scans of the child revealed that the child had no brain, just an empty space where the brain should have been. There was zero chance the baby would survive outside the womb and there was significant risk to the mother if the pregnancy continued. She had to have the child removed at an abortion clinic, now imagine how she must have been feeling and imagine if she was met with protesters shouting at her and calling her a murderer or holding signs that said such things. It would have been immensely more traumatic than what she had already been through, I believe this law exists for a very good reason and this person was rightfully prosecuted.

I wish that abortions never happen, but they do and in some circumstances they are medically necessary.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Don't pay attention to my posts. I'm just trolling. Seems like the thing to do in this thread.

:troll2:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Dan,

I hope you know I'm kidding.*

*Not really.
:mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Dan, and this case: Christian Pastor In Vermont Sentenced To One Year In Prison After Refusing To Marry Gay Couple.

Another case of if you do the crime, you do the time, right? What he did in your view was sinful and being held accountable to that is fair and just, just like you would view any other criminal activity.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Dan, and this case: Christian Pastor In Vermont Sentenced To One Year In Prison After Refusing To Marry Gay Couple.

Another case of if you do the crime, you do the time, right? What he did in your view was sinful and being held accountable to that is fair and just, just like you would view any other criminal activity.

K are you interested in discussing the reasons why we believe as we do or is this going to be the same as before, where you ignore everything I said?

Because if it is going to be the same, then I don't see the point of saying anything, as there is no actual discussion taking place.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I know why you believe it, perhaps more than you yourself even realise.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:I know why you believe it, perhaps more than you yourself even realise.
So no discussion then?

If you have an actual argument please lay it out, if you don't then I don't think there is any need for me defend myself against assertions.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Dan, and this case: Christian Pastor In Vermont Sentenced To One Year In Prison After Refusing To Marry Gay Couple.

K,

I believe that news is fake.
No such pastor arrested.
http://www.snopes.com/pastor-jailed-gay-marriage/

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:

K,

I believe that news is fake.
No such pastor arrested.
http://www.snopes.com/pastor-jailed-gay-marriage/
:lol:

Best chuckle I have had all night.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

The case served its purpose, to show where Dan's made his bed.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:The case served its purpose, to show where Dan's made his bed.
Your judgement is based on a lie.

Jesus has my back and Christ has made my bed for me and I rest in his peace. y>:D<
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

What, on your side with siding against Christians every time a socially PC issue is mentioned? It is obvious you suspect the worst of Christians, their intentions and motivations.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:The case served its purpose, to show where Dan's made his bed.
Your judgement is based on a lie.

Jesus has my back and Christ has made my bed for me and I rest in his peace. y>:D<
Christ may have "made your bed for you", but you're having an adulterous affair with the enemy, by promoting the persecution of Christians, for holding to their conscience, and misrepresenting them by saying they discriminate on the basis of someone's sexual orientation.

Facts do matter Dan.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Christian doctrine on homosexuality is very clear, I don't understand to confusion.
Homosexuality is wrong and this is explicit in the OT and the NT.
While we do NOT have the words of Jesus directly on this matter ( since it was NOT an issue during His preaching), we must do some very acrobatic mental gymnastics to somehow condone homosexual activity as Christians.

Gay marriage even more so since it is also clear that marriage UNDER GOD is only between man and woman.