9 year old boy starts college to become astrophysicist

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

9 year old boy starts college to become astrophysicist

Post by bippy123 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/9-old-boy-gr ... 30463.html

9-Year-Old Boy Graduates High School and Starts College, Wants to Become Astrophysicist: 'I Want to Prove That God Does Exist'
People
staff@people.com (Hilary Shenfeld) 18 hours ago
At 9 years old, William Maillis is like a lot of other boys his age, enjoying video games, knock-knock jokes, sports and hanging out with friends. But William is no ordinary kid when it comes to academics.

In May, he graduated from high school and is now a college student already working on his own theories of how the universe was created.

Most other 9-year-olds are in fourth grade.

William, who lives in Penn Township, Pennsylvania, is among the youngest people ever to attend college.

He's currently taking a full slate of classes at Community College of Allegheny County as a way to ease into life as a college student and plans to enroll next fall at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, according to his father, Peter Maillis, a Greek Orthodox priest.

"It doesn't bother me" being the youngest student in class by far, William tells PEOPLE. "I'm used to it by now."

William, who wants to study the physics and chemistry of space, earn a doctorate degree and work as an astrophysicist, is at ease tossing around concepts like "displacement of space-time" "singularity" and "pure gravity" as he patiently attempts to explain why black holes aren't "super massive" as theorized by such other brilliant minds as Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.

9-Year-Old Boy Graduates High School and Starts College, Wants to Become Astrophysicist: 'I Want to Prove That God Does Exist'| Real People Stories, The Daily Smile

Bottom line, according to William: "I want to prove to everybody that God does exist," he says, by showing that only an outside force could be capable of forming the cosmos.

Maillis said he and his wife, Nancy, who also are parents to a daughter, 29, and son, 26, – "[William] was our 17-year-surprise," Maillis says with a laugh – realized their young son was advanced when he started accurately identifying numbers at 6 months old and speaking in complete sentences at just 7 months old, he said.

9-Year-Old Boy Graduates High School and Starts College, Wants to Become Astrophysicist: 'I Want to Prove That God Does Exist'| Real People Stories, The Daily Smile

"William was just very sharp," Maillis says. "William remembers everything he sees."

He followed with a range of impressive academic feats, including doing addition at 21 months; multiplication, reading and writing at 2 years old; algebra, sign language and reading Greek at age 4; geometry at 5 and trigonometry at 7.
bippy123

Re: 9 year old boy starts college to become astrophysicist

Post by bippy123 »

His high school graduation speech starts out talking about God . Looks like theism has a very bright prospect on our side in science . I'd love to see William lane Craig use his stuff one day lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUkWwhVhf5s

Here he is doing algebra at 4 lol

https://youtu.be/0iOgPlZQRWg
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

excellent
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Truly amazing. :)
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

bippy123 wrote:His high school graduation speech starts out talking about God . Looks like theism has a very bright prospect on our side in science . I'd love to see William lane Craig use his stuff one day lol

"On our side in science" What does that mean?
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Here is a news video on him
https://youtu.be/aBvUwWscGN8
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

I thought Audie has me in ignore and now she's asking me a question hmmm
Hmmmm
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

bippy123 wrote:I thought Audie has me in ignore and now she's asking me a question hmmm
Hmmmm

So bipster, do you prefer that you be permaently ignored, or that a path to some sort of respectful human understanding be explored?
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Audie wrote:
bippy123 wrote:I thought Audie has me in ignore and now she's asking me a question hmmm
Hmmmm

So bipster, do you prefer that you be permaently ignored, or that a path to some sort of respectful human understanding be explored?
Audie are you asking this question to me or to yourself . Please clarify . I know you think your perfect in your respect fullness of others but give me time and maybe in 1000 years I'll be as respectful as you are oh holy one :)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

bippy123 wrote:
Audie wrote:
Hmmmm

Audie are you asking this question to me or to yourself . Please clarify . I know you think your perfect in your respect fullness of others but give me time and maybe in 1000 years I'll be as respectful as you are oh holy one :)
Ok never mind, I was right about you the first time.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Audie wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
Audie wrote:
Hmmmm

Ok never mind, I was right about you the first time.
As was I about you , the mirror is an interesting thing is t it Audie ?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Audie wrote:
bippy123 wrote:His high school graduation speech starts out talking about God . Looks like theism has a very bright prospect on our side in science . I'd love to see William lane Craig use his stuff one day lol

I have no idea what it means either, there are no sides, but kudos to the kid for wanting to expand his knowledge.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Audie wrote:

I have no idea what it means either, there are no sides, but kudos to the kid for wanting to expand his knowledge.
Id have liked to know, but the bip chose to go on attack mode rather than explain himself.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

You guys must have some serious reading issues:
Looks like theism has a very bright prospect on our side in science
What side?
Theism.

Seriously.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

PaulSacramento wrote:You guys must have some serious reading issues:
Looks like theism has a very bright prospect on our side in science
What side?
Theism.

Seriously.

There are no sides Paul, we are all humans, but if you want to draw lines in the sand to feel special and separate from everyone else, go ahead.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.