Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Edit. I think it was Desmond Tutu who said
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.
So, if you believe that, why are you choosing to be an oppressor? There is only one way to truly conquer oppression, and it isn't with trying to win via punishing or oppressing those who disagree with you. Look at the life of Jesus.
It is not oppression to stop people discriminating against those who don't deserve it.

So when we see children being killed in the streets we should do nothing?

I see you are coming across to my pacifist side. :pound:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I also take your inability to answer as confirmation that it is discrimination towards gay people to not write a message on the cake and further more it is confirmation of the logical conclusion of discrimination based on your belief system, being; creating absurd situations like the one I presented.
Explain for me the relevance of your question, compared to the one you originally asked which was also quite dumb. :poke:
Oh.

When I clicked on the notification to see your reply to me I saw your response to daniel instead. Thinking that was your response to me.
Nessa. Please. The men are talking here. How bout you make us some sammiches, so we men can discuss this. And a couple of beers too. Daniel will have a Foster's.

Good to see you back Nessa. I missed you. y>:D<
How did you ever become a married man? :beer:
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.
So, if you believe that, why are you choosing to be an oppressor? There is only one way to truly conquer oppression, and it isn't with trying to win via punishing or oppressing those who disagree with you. Look at the life of Jesus.
It is not oppression to stop people discriminating against those who don't deserve it.

We're talking about cakes here. Now you're moving the goal posts. In cases of violence, you might recall what I wrote a few posts back. This isn't a debating game to me.

I often design websites for people. If a person came to me, wanting me to provide them with a website that is an activist gay website, and I refused, what should my punishment be Dan?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I also take your inability to answer as confirmation that it is discrimination towards gay people to not write a message on the cake and further more it is confirmation of the logical conclusion of discrimination based on your belief system, being; creating absurd situations like the one I presented.
Explain for me the relevance of your question, compared to the one you originally asked which was also quite dumb. :poke:
Oh.

When I clicked on the notification to see your reply to me I saw your response to daniel instead. Thinking that was your response to me.
Nessa. Please. The men are talking here. How bout you make us some sammiches, so we men can discuss this. And a couple of beers too. Daniel will have a Foster's.

Good to see you back Nessa. I missed you. y>:D<
How did you ever become a married man? :beer:
Well, It all started with a cake I had baked for our wedding...
:fruitcake:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

kurieuo wrote:

I often design websites for people. If a person came to me, wanting me to provide them with a website that is an activist gay website, and I refused, what should my punishment be Dan?
I think a fair punishment for that, would be for you to be sent to a penal island country, to spend the rest of your days surrounded by clueless liberals.

How'd I do?
:mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

We're talking about cakes here. Now you're moving the goal posts. In cases of violence, you might recall what I wrote a few posts back. This isn't a debating game to me.

It was a joke K....

Under the anti discrimination laws you could be charged and rightfully so.

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/employer ... ation-laws

But you could just give no reason for turning it down and that would be acceptable.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
kurieuo wrote:

I think a fair punishment for that, would be for you to be sent to a penal island country, to spend the rest of your days surrounded by clueless liberals.

How'd I do?
:mrgreen:

So not Queensland then? :pound: :pound: :pound:

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

But you could just give no reason for turning it down and that would be acceptable.
After this entire thread, you STILL don't understand the issue.

Seriously Dan?

THERES NO DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION!!!

The sexual orientation of the person is irrelevant. It's the message. A heterosexual person could come to Kurieuo, trying to get the same request for a gay activist website.

ITS THE MESSAGE. NOT THE SEXUAL PREFERENCE OF THE PERSON!!!

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: So, if you believe that, why are you choosing to be an oppressor? There is only one way to truly conquer oppression, and it isn't with trying to win via punishing or oppressing those who disagree with you. Look at the life of Jesus.

After this entire thread, you STILL don't understand the issue.

Seriously Dan?

THERES NO DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION!!!

The sexual orientation of the person is irrelevant. It's the message. A heterosexual person could come to Kurieuo, trying to get the same request for a gay activist website.

ITS THE MESSAGE. NOT THE SEXUAL PREFERENCE OF THE PERSON!!!
I DO UNDERSTAND RICK!!!! SHOUTING AT ME WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND. CAPPPPPPPSLOCK!!!

Now, discriminating against the message is the same as discriminating against the person, there is no difference at all.

If the person is straight you are still discriminating against gay people, it makes no difference.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Notwithstanding I don't see any discrimination against a person, you'd consider my non-compliance to create an activist gay website as discrimination, would have me charged, "and rightfully so".

Only, you say, unless I remain silent about my reasons.
This speaks volumes to me.

Please, anyone reading, pause... and let what Dan has just said sink in.

Thanks Dan, for showing where you stand. But, I must say I'm quite repulsed and offended that you'd have me (and other Christians and people) punished for holding to their beliefs.

How ironic that you claim to be Christian, and yet would join the world in oppressing of Christians.
If you can't see how extreme your views are, then here I rest.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: So, if you believe that, why are you choosing to be an oppressor? There is only one way to truly conquer oppression, and it isn't with trying to win via punishing or oppressing those who disagree with you. Look at the life of Jesus.

Notwithstanding, I don't see any discrimination against a person, you'd consider my non-compliance to create an activist gay website as discrimination, would have me charged, "and rightfully so".

Only, you say, I remain silent about my reasons.
That speaks volumes to me.

Please, anyone reading, pause... and let what has just been said sink in.

Thanks Dan, for showing where you stand.
I must say I'm quite repulsed and offended that you'd have me punished for my beliefs.

How ironic that you claim to be Christian, and yet would join the world in oppressing of Christians.
If you can't see how extreme your views are, then here I'll rest.

You have the right to refuse any service you provide, provided you are not discriminating. If you don't disclose the reason, you cannot be charged with discrimination!! It's just logical.

But if you act like a turd and tell them why, then yes you can be charged, because you have been caught discriminating.

If you can't see how you views are extreme in oppressing minorities and how this leads to a society that murders millions, I cannot help you.

You think my views are extreme because I support Christian persecution (which I don't), I think your views are extreme for allowing and supporting Christians to persecute others, which in my opinion is worse!!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Just so there is no confusion for you Rick, I will put it into a scenario.

There are two couples one heterosexual (Sam and Samantha) and one homosexual (Sam and Sam), both go to buy a wedding cake with the exact same message on it "Sam & Sam". The cake maker makes the cake with the message for the heterosexual couple but does not for the homosexual couple. Obviously the message is the same in both instances, it is not offensive in anyway shape or form, so we must conclude that the message is not the reason for the discrimination, but instead that couples sexual orientation that is being discriminated against.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Recommended for some perspective, to those who are blinded in our current schismatic-loving secular society against Christians, who just don't get that "Christian disagreement" does not equal "hate or persecution".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciVfnR2lis
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:If you can't see how you views are extreme in oppressing minorities and how this leads to a society that murders millions, I cannot help you.

You think my views are extreme because I support Christian persecution (which I don't), I think your views are extreme for allowing and supporting Christians to persecute others, which in my opinion is worse!!
It is clear you're clouded by emotion and irrationality common to secular humanistic thinking that seeks to destroy Christianity if you think refusing to participate in gay activism based upon belief is persecuting others. It is absurd, and I can't believe Christians believe such hogwash. I have nothing more to say to you.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:If you can't see how you views are extreme in oppressing minorities and how this leads to a society that murders millions, I cannot help you.

It is clear you're clouded by emotion and irrationality common to secular humanistic thinking that seeks to destroy Christianity if you think refusing to participate in gay activism based upon belief is persecuting others. It is absurd, and I can't believe Christians believe such hogwash. I have nothing more to say to you.
Well, at least one Christian lives and sees this hogwash, and faces it and sees why it makes sense.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com