Hello from Blob

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

Blob wrote:
Thinker wrote:So on one hand you don't believe in hell, but then again you don't fear hell as if that sounds that you believe there would be a hell but you wouldn't fear it.
I don't believe in the Big Bad Wolf and have no fear of him.
Again, replace Big Bad Wolf with hell. You could have simply stated "I don't believe in hell."
Blob wrote:
Thinker wrote:But how do you know for a fact that she didn't really meet Him if you weren't the experiencer?
I don't.
I would then say you shouldn't mention:
Blob wrote:For example I obviously do not believe my mother really met Jesus.
Blob wrote:
Thinker wrote:what if what we have been saying is right all along and Christianity is true?
Then I burn forever, or, accept Christ as my personal saviour and join you in heaven.

But what if the muslims are right?
Islam is the uncompleted branch of the core which is Christianity. An analogy: Judaism is the roots of the tree (the life giver), the roots formed a stump (which is really solid) which is Christianity, and then Islam (the religion of muslims) is a branch off of the stump which can turn into anything it wants to be from the stump, but it isn't solid as the stump.

It is the law of non-contradiction. The Tanakh is only the Old Testament of the Bible and therefore does not reveal the whole Christian God. The Koran contradicts both the Tanakh and the Bible. While the Koran contains elements from the Tanakh and the Bible, it fails due to its inherent contradictions, and its subsequent misrepresentation of God.
Blob wrote:
Thinker wrote:Seriously, what harm is it to honestly ask Jesus Christ into your life?
What if Christianity is not true?

It is possible to want something so much that you contrive it to be the truth. If not, how do you explain muslim converts who are totally certain in their own beliefs?
Again, law of non-contradiction plus there is much apologetics to defend the view that the historical figures in the Bible were and are real, backed up with archeology.

Muslim converts are somewhat forced to believe or they will face consequences, that is if you have been watching the news on Muslims trying to take over the world with Islam.

Blob, seriously though, I went through seasons of being an agnostic, even atheist, but I somehow found the truth, thus I believe in God. Some of it had to do with supernatural events, but you don't have to believe me on that.

Even as a Christian, I sometimes spontaneously, while driving in my car or elsewhere, automatically get "plugged" back into the worldview of being an atheist or agnostic, and then it goes away. Kind of like putting a lit match to your finger to experience the heat and then taking it away. It is a reminder of what I used to be like and how I can help you out with your worldview.
Last edited by Believer on Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Brian you are a bit confused about the Torah. The Torah is the First Five Books of the Bible. So in Fact it is complete and does not contradict the Bible. Just thought I would clear that up :wink:
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

bizzt wrote:Brian you are a bit confused about the Torah. The Torah is the First Five Books of the Bible. So in Fact it is complete and does not contradict the Bible. Just thought I would clear that up :wink:
Thank you bizzt, now corrected :wink:.
Blob
Established Member

Post by Blob »

I have been requested to move on from the forums by moderators.

Bye bye everyone!

I wish you all the best in your lives.
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I find one of your public statements above to be somewhat misleading, even distasteful. No moderator according to my knowledge requested you to leave. If you have made the decision to leave because you consider yourself to be outside the board guidelines, then while that is to your credit, it can't be blamed on moderators. You agreed to these guidelines upon registering here, and from my PM sent to you it was the following portion that was highlighted to you:
This board is a part of Evidence for God from Science (G&S), a Christian website, which serves to provide a defense and persuasive case for Christianity as well as encouragement and instruction for Christian people. Therefore, this message board is intended to reflect that spirit--serving as a place where sincere seekers can ask questions, and where faithful Christians can receive encouragement and instruction. This board is not for those who have already decisively made up their mind that Christ is "not" for them; who merely wish to debate and argue against Christianity, ignoring any and all reasons presented. Therefore, those who are Christian or haven't made up their minds are encouraged to join, while others who merely wish to attack and try to discredit Christianity are discouraged.

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =4#purpose
I wish you all the best.

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)