Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
thesign
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by thesign »

JButler wrote:How did I end up here, the first religious forum I've ever joined?? It's a v-e-r-r-y l-o-n-g story. The super compressed version is I've been aware of Bryan Melvin's NDE for awhile and I had a big theology question for him. Took a long time to find B.W.'s hangout but I feel God has lead me here. My question was answered and then some from B.W.'s postings. Intuition told me that B.W. would have insight and it turned out to be 100% correct.

Nearing 60 yrs and been away from the faith for much of my life due to a variety of reasons. In the last couple years I got more and more interested in all things Bible, etc. It happened gradually starting a good ten years and so subtle I didn't realize the Holy Spirit was doing this until the past year. :-)
The Three Days of Darkness were May 5-7, 2016 A.D. and it was foretold that God would bring about the conversion of many souls during that time.

Your quoted post is the first confirmation of that prophecy which I have seen here.
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

thesign wrote:
JButler wrote:How did I end up here, the first religious forum I've ever joined?? It's a v-e-r-r-y l-o-n-g story. The super compressed version is I've been aware of Bryan Melvin's NDE for awhile and I had a big theology question for him. Took a long time to find B.W.'s hangout but I feel God has lead me here. My question was answered and then some from B.W.'s postings. Intuition told me that B.W. would have insight and it turned out to be 100% correct.

Nearing 60 yrs and been away from the faith for much of my life due to a variety of reasons. In the last couple years I got more and more interested in all things Bible, etc. It happened gradually starting a good ten years and so subtle I didn't realize the Holy Spirit was doing this until the past year. :-)
The Three Days of Darkness were May 5-7, 2016 A.D. and it was foretold that God would bring about the conversion of many souls during that time.

Your quoted post is the first confirmation of that prophecy which I have seen here.
JButler,

Before you're scared off of this forum, and think we're all a bunch of fruitcakes, please understand that thesign thinks he's the reincarnation of Old Testament prophets, and even the antichrist, and a false prophet. So please take everything he says with a grain of salt.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

RickD wrote:JButler,

Before you're scared off of this forum, and think we're all a bunch of fruitcakes, please understand that thesign thinks he's the reincarnation of Old Testament prophets, and even the antichrist, and a false prophet. So please take everything he says with a grain of salt.
As usual, RickD, your opinion of me caresses the mental macabre while still embracing the negativity of a moron having a panic attack.
sincerely,
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

thesign wrote:

As usual, RickD, your opinion of me caresses the mental macabre while still embracing the negativity of a moron having a panic attack.
:pound:

Sorry.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thesign wrote:

Still waiting for you to address your false prophecies.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

RickD wrote:
thesign wrote:

You'll be waiting for the remainder of eternity then, as I've posted none.

I'll start a topic on geese, maybe that will interest you.

As for JButler, you just might be as big a snob as some stuck-up, commie slovak, who as I recall, I don't recall.
Last edited by thesign on Fri May 13, 2016 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sincerely,
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Geese are great :)

Seriously.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Welcome JButler. I don't know what kind of music you like but I assume you've heard the Beach Boys before, so.
Servin' the Father. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSbsxNPKv2M
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thesign wrote:
RickD wrote:
thesign wrote:

You'll be waiting for the remainder of eternity then, as I've posted none.

I'll start a topic on geese, maybe that will interest you.
Yes you did. Here's but one:
I am Elijah (1 Kings 17) returned, even after death as John. All that has been (is) a part of my soul now. Yes, I've come through three wombs. I have personally known every king in chapter 11 of the Book of Daniel, at least 3 are deceased.

The best part of having ascertained the correct count is that on May 8, 2016 A.D., there will never be any more war, ever, ever, ever again.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Please, keep this thread for introductions only.
Thank you.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome here :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

JButler wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Okay now you found me... :lol:

I can't hide darn it!

So what would you like to know?
-
Thanks Storyteller and B.W. for the warm welcome.

My question was concerning Calvinism. Grew up in a super hyper Calvinist atmosphere in a Reformed congregation which was so far beyond Calvin I didn't know it was Calvinist or who Jean Calvin was until the internet age!!! I left it at 19 and never stepped back inside. I've had various "issues" with the stuff they espoused especially as I began "My Journey Back" when I started paying attention to what the Bible really says...in context.
Bryan has answered my question very well. As I go along I'm sure I'll have more. :)

My life experience with farming then police career (almost 1/2 of that was forensics/crime scene) I have a lot of insight into the human race, nature, science etc. Which means I have a lot of thoughts and opinions on many things but not so much spiritual until recent years. My story may be interesting and hopefully of help to someone but its way too get into right now.
I feel I struck a gold mine here so you'll probably see some old posts dredged up as I discover them.

Thanks again. :-D
J - I will move this to another thread for others to review....
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hi there, JB! Welcome!
BobLoblah
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

The Return Of BobLoblah

Post by BobLoblah »

21May16.....BobLoblah has been away and spending some time on a distant star.
Still cleaning the dust from BobLoblah's eyes, ears and nose.
Looks like 'ol hitlery Clinton is up to her **** in alligators....per usual
and its great to know that a change is coming in the near future in
the BlackHouse.......Go figure
Much Obliged
BobLoblah
justmark
Newbie Member

Post by justmark »

Philip wrote:A big welcome, Mark! Are you Asian? We need to bump up our members from your part of the world! I think Mongolia is as exotic as our membership now contains. Welcome!
Yes I am. Philippines to be exact.