Revered Artist Was an Atheist...

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Revered Artist Was an Atheist...

Post by B. W. »

Interesting article...

Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God. But a Sudden Realization Changed Everything.

The artist mentions in the article that he hated religious elements. In other words, people acting religious, putting on a front.

In the article cited above artist Charlie Mackesy stated this:
Article quote: Charlie Mackesy wrote:“I thought Christianity was: be clean, come to church, be nice, don’t use the ‘F’ word, and you’ll be accepted and liked, because that’s the thing; it’s a meritocracy,” he told them. “And if you want to belong, be a certain way.”
I wonder if this is one main reason militant atheist today project the actions of people on their concept and definition of God?

Comments?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Revered Artist Was an Atheist...

Post by Audie »

B. W. wrote:Interesting article...

Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God. But a Sudden Realization Changed Everything.

The artist mentions in the article that he hated religious elements. In other words, people acting religious, putting on a front.

In the article cited above artist Charlie Mackesy stated this:
Article quote: Charlie Mackesy wrote:“I thought Christianity was: be clean, come to church, be nice, don’t use the ‘F’ word, and you’ll be accepted and liked, because that’s the thing; it’s a meritocracy,” he told them. “And if you want to belong, be a certain way.”
I wonder if this is one main reason militant atheist today project the actions of people on their concept and definition of God?

Comments?
-
-
-

Do "militant atheists" today do that?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Revered Artist Was an Atheist...

Post by PaulSacramento »

mil·i·tant
ˈmiləd(ə)nt/
adjective
combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational methods.

That certainly defines the likes of those atheist that openly attack believers on Atheistic websites, social media and even here at times.
And they most certainly do "invent" the god they so love to "prove" doesn't exist.