Personality types

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Extrovert or Introvert?

Extrovert
No votes
Introvert
100%

Total votes: 12

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Personality types

Post by RickD »

That Licorice guy was an amazing piano player!

But I could never perform like him. He's way more masculine then I'll ever be! :dancing: :flying: :ghostincupboard:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ganaa
Familiar Member

Post by ganaa »

No matter where we live, we all same in front of GOD.
But our faith will define how strong we're shining...
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:That Licorice guy was an amazing piano player!

But I could never perform like him. He's way more masculine then I'll ever be! :dancing: :flying: :ghostincupboard:
But you play the Bagpipes!

Try a little boogie woogie onthe pipes - you'll be on on the shows!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

I'm an ENTJ.
The profiles are a bit like Astrology, but there is an underlying theory of cognitive functions and Myers Briggs does align somewhat with the Big 5 which is generally accepted in psychology.

in cognitive theory ENTJ is Te Ni
Which is Extraverted Thinking and Introverted Intuition, according to this theory we are all partially extroverted and introverted.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:I'm an ENTJ.
The profiles are a bit like Astrology, but there is an underlying theory of cognitive functions and Myers Briggs does align somewhat with the Big 5 which is generally accepted in psychology.

Which is Extraverted Thinking and Introverted Intuition, according to this theory we are all partially extroverted and introverted.
Interesting comparison y:-?
Wouldn't necessarily agree though
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:I'm an ENTJ.

I don't know much about this but his theory seems to be just stating the obvious.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Sounds like astrology.

I can read any astrological sign, and find something that applies to me.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Sounds like astrology.

I can read any astrological sign, and find something that applies to me.
A song idea pops in my head.Should I post it? it's a parody of a Beatles song.

I might as well I'm the music man.Revelation for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJH3UsXdn5s
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

The cognitive functions define how someone thinks, and values the world.
In many cases someone with a preference for one way of thinking may exhibit the traits in the profiles, but the profiles themselves are generalizations and don't bring the reader any closer to the underlying theory.

For example extroverted feeling Something which is dominant in ESFJ's and ENFJ's is the sensitivity of individuals to the group. Those with a preference for Extraverted Feeling TEND to see ideas and thoughts as central to an individual, and therefore are not quick to criticize those they regard as friends or allies.

But essentially they are generally aware of the mood of a group, and will see many things through that perspective. Through a group dynamic.

So going against the profiles some individuals may use this perspective to manipulate and cajole people, using their keen ability to see relationship dynamics to get their way.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:The cognitive functions define how someone thinks, and values the world.
In many cases someone with a preference for one way of thinking may exhibit the traits in the profiles, but the profiles themselves are generalizations and don't bring the reader any closer to the underlying theory.

For example extroverted feeling Something which is dominant in ESFJ's and ENFJ's is the sensitivity of individuals to the group. Those with a preference for Extraverted Feeling TEND to see ideas and thoughts as central to an individual, and therefore are not quick to criticize those they regard as friends or allies.

But essentially they are generally aware of the mood of a group, and will see many things through that perspective. Through a group dynamic.

So going against the profiles some individuals may use this perspective to manipulate and cajole people, using their keen ability to see relationship dynamics to get their way.
So its a dog eat dog world? Or survival of the fittest?

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:The cognitive functions define how someone thinks, and values the world.

Yeah, right. There is a restaurant in Montreal, Canada, that specializes in baloney sandwiches. As a matter of fact, baloney sandwiches are the only type they sell. Idiots Patrons come from all over the world for Wilensky's sandwiches, as the photos of celebrities on the restaurant's walls aptly testify...proof that not only can you baffle them with BS, but you can also make it into a sandwich.

So, what's your astrological sign?

y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:

So its a dog eat dog world? Or survival of the fittest?
No :)
It's that there are different temperaments, and each brings a different facet of truth to the table. And we need to appreciate other people for their strengths. So often do we see others as lesser versions of ourselves because we are unaware of how different someone else's basic outlook can be. When one begins to understand their own areas of weakness they will be more likely to see the strength in others.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

years ago i did this test with the result: INTJ
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

I brought this up again because I've been reading a good book about the 16 personalities relating to career choices - finding a good career for you. It doesn't include a test - it just describes all the personalities really well, and confirmed to me that I'm an ISFJ. It gave me one new career idea at least. The personality descriptions helped me understand why I'm attracted to Christianity in some ways (I'm a traditionalist) and why I have trouble with it in other ways (being a Sensor, I tend to trust information from my five senses over what I can intuit or what might be behind the obvious).

To the skeptics like RickD, comparing it to astrology - so do you think everyone's just the same really - there are no personality types? Or do you think everyone's so unique there's no point trying to sort personalities out? y:-? As I said earlier, some people fit into the boxes more easily than others, but I've no doubt we all have different personalities and some people are much more like each other than others.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:I brought this up again because I've been reading a good book about the 16 personalities relating to career choices - finding a good career for you. It doesn't include a test - it just describes all the personalities really well, and confirmed to me that I'm an ISFJ. It gave me one new career idea at least. The personality descriptions helped me understand why I'm attracted to Christianity in some ways (I'm a traditionalist) and why I have trouble with it in other ways (being a Sensor, I tend to trust information from my five senses over what I can intuit or what might be behind the obvious).

To the skeptics like RickD, comparing it to astrology - so do you think everyone's just the same really - there are no personality types? Or do you think everyone's so unique there's no point trying to sort personalities out? y:-? As I said earlier, some people fit into the boxes more easily than others, but I've no doubt we all have different personalities and some people are much more like each other than others.

-Edward R Murrow