The Theory of evolution vs The Gap theory

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

The Theory of evolution vs The Gap theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

This is an open thread to discuss and debate the theory of evolution vs the gap theory in a respectful brother in Christ way.I really believe the gap theory is the only creation theory that could defeat the theory of evolution if the majority of the church was teaching and showing how the evidence evolutionists use,really confirms the gap theory true.Now debate and discussion cannot necessarily change your mind but I believe the evidence in the earth better substantiates the gap theory being true and not evolution.As a matter of fact I believe the evidence in this earth has nothing to do with the theory of evolution and that Charles Darwin " hoodwinked" the western modern educated elite for the past 150 years but if you disagree then let's discuss it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Re: The Theory of evolution vs The Gap theory

First I want to show that the gap theory was being preached and taught in the Christian church before Charles Darwin published " On the origin of species" in 1859. Here is a transcript of a sermon preached by C.H.Spurgeon 1855 and this sermon shows that C.H.Spurgeon was a gap theorist in 1855 four years before Charles Darwin's book came out in 1859.

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0030.htm

Here is a highlighted excerpt and it shows that not only was it known then the earth is at least millions of years old but it reveals that he believed the gap theory.

But if you look in the first chapter of Genesis, you will there see more particularly set forth that peculiar operation of power upon the universe which was put forth by the Holy Spirit; you will then discover what was his special work. In the 2d verse of the first chapter of Genesis, we read, "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." We know not how remote the period of the creation of this globe may be—certainly many millions of years before the time of Adam. Our planet has passed through various stages of existence, and different kinds of creatures have lived on its surface, all of which have been fashioned by God. But before that era came, wherein man should be its principal tenant and monarch, the Creator gave up the world to confusion. He allowed the inward fires to burst up from beneath, and melt all the solid matter, so that all kinds of substances were commingled in one vast mass of disorder. The only name you could give to the world, then, was that it was a chaotic mass of matter; what it should be, you could not guess or define. It was entirely "without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." The Spirit came, and stretching his broad wings, bade the darkness disperse, and as he moved over it, all the different portions of matter came into their places, and it was no longer "without form, and void;" but became round, like its sister planets, and moved, singing the high praises of God—not discordantly, as it had done before, but as one great note in the vast scale of creation. Milton very beautifully describes this work of the Spirit, in thus bringing order out of confusion, when the King of Glory, in his powerful Word and Spirit, came to create new worlds:—
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Charles Darwin said that if his theory was true scientists should find many fossils that show transition yet if we look at the fossils discovered? There is no evidence of transition or evidence life evolves every fossil is a fully formed life form that lived in the former world that perished.The fossils testify and shows the kind of life that lived in the former world.Here are some links about fossils and look at everyone of them and you'll see no transition but fully formed life forms.This is the kind of life that lived in the former world and they have nothing to do with evolution.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fo ... w&tbm=isch

This link below mentions William Buckland who discovered the very first dinosaur.William Buckland was a Christian who was a gap theorist,he was a geologist\paleontologist and eventually became Oxford's very first geology professor and he taught the gap theory at Oxford and this was before Charles Darwin's book came out.William Buckland called dinosaurs " Satan's creatures".He is listed among great scientists that were Christians if you research him.He believed the fossils showed the kinds of life that lived in the former world that perished before God made this world we live in now.He was an old earth creationist.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjec ... irst.shtml

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

For those creationists who reject the theory of evolution but accept micro-evolution. I used to think I accepted micro-evolution too and not macro-evolution but from doing research I have come to realize that what is called micro-evolution is just normal variation in reproduction that we all observe,but this is not micro-evolution,eventhough it is called it.Calling it micro-evolution implies a baby step of evolution but I'm trying to get you to realize that it is not a baby step of evolution.

It is just normal variation in reproduction such as dogs and roses but more importantly it is what the bible tells us that God created and made life to breed and produce after its kind,hence there are a variety of dogs,but know matter the variety you will still only have a different variety of dog and it is the same with roses,you have a variety of roses,but they are still roses and always will be. This is all you will see demonstrated too if you actually look at the evidence used for evidence life evolves.

You will see finches producing finches,viruses producing viruses,bacteria producing bacteria,rats producing rats,etc and this is called micro-evolution but it really only proves that God created and made life to produce after its kind eventhough they claim it is life evolving.But even when it comes to evidence for macro-evolution,they use salamanders for evidence and it shows the very same thing that God created and made life to breed and produce after its kind,or just normal variation in reproduction.

Even when scientists in a lab demonstrate life can adapt like with viruses and bacteria,you still have kinds producing after their kind being demonstrated even after it has adapted to survive a hostile environment. No evidence of any kind of evolution,natural selection,random DNA copying errors,etc just kinds producing after their kind and a whole bunch of assumption.

So be careful when you say you accept micro but reject macro because I overlooked what I've tried to show you,or even micro is just a baby step of macro,it is not even a baby step unless you think normal variation in reproduction is somehow a baby step of evolution.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

How we know biblically there was a former world that perished.
2nd Peter 3:5-7 " For this they willingly are ignorant of/forget,that by the word of God the heavens were of old,and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the WORLD that then WAS,being overflowed with water perished: But the heavens and earth which are NOW,by the same word are kept in store,reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Do you see where it says "the world that then was"? This is the former world that perished and now we have the heavens and earth which are now. Two different worlds,the first one perished and now we are in this world,this world has not perished yet.

Now in order to have a world you must have life and all of the evidence of fossils and death and extinction that produced coal and oil in the earth are the evidence of the life in the former world. Like an example - Dinosaurs but also many,many different kinds of life. As far as I can tell at least since the 1930's Gap Theorists have taught about a pre-Adamite race and hominids have been found in the earth.I have a Dake annotated reference bible written in the 1920's- 30's and it teaches of a pre-Adamite race.We have found evidence in the earth but evolutionists claim they evolved into men.

The bible tells us in Genesis that God created Adam and Eve and so these were new and had never been created before and so the hominids are not man nor related,although they may look similar the former world perished and so they have nothing to do with this world,including what happened in the former world that perished.It doesn't effect this world we now live in,in any way.

Interestingly there was the world that then was,the heavens and earth which are now( same world Peter lived in) but also 2nd Peter 3:13 " Nevertheless we,according to his promise,look for new heavens and a new earth,wherein dwelleth righteousness. 1,2 and 3 = 3

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Hi Abe, I don't want to discuss Gap vs Evo, I just don't think it's an issue anymore for me but I would be interested in your sources for citing evolution or the problems therein the ToE. I just want to get a sense of where you're coming from. Thanks.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Another Gap thread. Move along everyone, nothing to see here. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:Another Gap thread. Move along everyone, nothing to see here. ;)

Seriously.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:Hi Abe, I don't want to discuss Gap vs Evo, I just don't think it's an issue anymore for me but I would be interested in your sources for citing evolution or the problems therein the ToE. I just want to get a sense of where you're coming from. Thanks.
I got most of my info about evolution from actually going to pro-evolution web-sights and examining the evidence used for evolution.Web-sights like talkorigins,etc. I actually considered theistic evolution but I wanted to make sure evolution had evidence to back it up before I could accept it. To be honest with you based on my research into evolution it is now the least creation interpretation I could accept,so it would have to be one of the others besides theistic evolution. I accept the Gap Theory the most based on how truthful it is to me biblically compared to the others. I would reject evolution even if I was an atheist based on the evidence.So my source is mostly me researching evolution,examining the evidence scientists have produced for evidence and realizing how weak the evidence is and the dishonesty of scientists and people who push this theory as if it is true science. Is that what you mean by sources? I mean I have read what both YEC and OEC's have explained about evolution and the reasons it should be rejected but I wanted to find out for my self.As far as anti evolution information I've read I have to say the best to me is a book called EvoGenesis.