Bed Bugs ?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Gilligan
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Bed Bugs ?

Post by Gilligan »

I understand why God created carnivores and why predatory activity is necessary so that an ecosystem meltdown doesn't happen. I understand the purpose for death before and after the Fall. I also understand how these things exist in a "very good" creation.

But how do bed bugs fit into the ecosystem? They are not prey for anything. Their only purpose is to bite humans and irritate us. This seems to be an argument that bed bugs came after the Fall. But Satan cannot create life including pests.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. - Romans 6:15
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Post by RickD »

Gilligan wrote:I understand why God created carnivores and why predatory activity is necessary so that an ecosystem meltdown doesn't happen. I understand the purpose for death before and after the Fall. I also understand how these things exist in a "very good" creation.

But how do bed bugs fit into the ecosystem? They are not prey for anything. Their only purpose is to bite humans and irritate us. This seems to be an argument that bed bugs came after the Fall. But Satan cannot create life including pests.
Google is your friend.

This is the first hit on a Google search:
http://askbettybedbug.blogspot.com/2013 ... s.html?m=1
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gilligan
Familiar Member

Post by Gilligan »

I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. - Romans 6:15
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Google it! :fighting:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Well, obviously if we didnt have bed bugs we wouldn't be able to say 'mind the bed bugs dont bite' before we go to sleep. No brainer!

Its all about the saying :consent:
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Gilligan wrote:I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?
Conditions were very different before the fall. For one thing, there was no death and all animals were vegetarians.
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
(Genesis 1:29-30 ESV)
Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

theophilus wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?
Conditions were very different before the fall. For one thing, there was no death and all animals were vegetarians.
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.
y@-)

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Your argument is a good one, why would God create a universe where parasites can exist.

I think it goes like this, though it is very abstract: if we as humans were immune to parasites, we'd think we had "special blood" or were somehow divine beings, which is not biblical truth. Now, of course we know better than to think we are somehow of sacred lineage. But our ancestors of yore, pagans, would have believed this. Thus Christianity would have been a hard sell to Europe. Thus history would be a lot different, and possibly affect prophecy both past and present.

We as humans have little idea just how finely tuned this universe is. One single tweak, and the entire equation can turn into a mess, like an error in programming code crashing the whole server for instance (I dont know computer science lingo)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
theophilus wrote:
y@-)
Ditto on that, Rick.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Gilligan
Familiar Member

Post by Gilligan »

RickD wrote:Google it! :fighting:
The reason I didn't use Google is because I'm sure it would have led me to a YEC blaming bedbugs on Adam's Fall, which would have been unhelpful.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gilligan wrote:
RickD wrote:Google it! :fighting:
The reason I didn't use Google is because I'm sure it would have led me to a YEC blaming bedbugs on Adam's Fall, which would have been unhelpful.
Actually no. I googled it. There's enough links that are scientific, that you can get your answer. When looking for science answers, I ignore pseudoscientific sites like AIG.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yep, dem lions were eating large amounts of GRASS! And you can tell, because instead of giant canines, they used to have only molars. :roll:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hugh Ross / Reasons to Believe on the importance of and reasons for the existence of parasites:

http://www.reasons.org/articles/why-wou ... -parasites

http://www.reasons.org/articles/misunde ... d-podcasts
(scroll down to "Viruses, Bacteria and Parasites")
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

What's ironic, is that YECs who believe the earth is only 6-10 thousand years old, and that all animals were vegetarians before Adam sinned, think animals somehow evolved to start eating meat. And their evolution happened much, much faster than the billions of years that most evolutionists believe in.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

theophilus wrote:
Have you ever saw a T-Rex dinosaur? Are you claiming they were vegetarian?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.