Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

saxology wrote:hi just browsing with some atheists who think they can outsmart Mr. Deem =)
Looking forward to the post. :eugeek:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gilligan
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gilligan »

Hi Everyone,

I'm Gilligan. I have been interested in OEC for a while now. Glad to be here.

NOTE: If I go offline suddenly, it is because I use a public computer at a library (because I don't have one at home) and I'm only allowed two one-hour sessions daily, and my time ran out for the day. If I don't respond to an active post I'm involved with right away, I will within a day or two.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gilligan wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm Gilligan. I have been interested in OEC for a while now. Glad to be here.

NOTE: If I go offline suddenly, it is because I use a public computer at a library (because I don't have one at home) and I'm only allowed two one-hour sessions daily, and my time ran out for the day. If I don't respond to an active post I'm involved with right away, I will within a day or two.
Welcome to the board, Little Buddy! :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gilligan
Familiar Member

Post by Gilligan »

Thank You. Skipper, the Professor, Thurston & Lovey, Mary Ann and Ginger all say hi.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gilligan wrote:Thank You. Skipper, the Professor, Thurston & Lovey, Mary Ann and Ginger all say hi.
I thought the skipper, professor, and Mr. and Mrs. Howell are dead! Gilligan, are you writing to us from the nether regions? :esurprised:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

OneMan
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by OneMan »

Hi Everyone,

Yes I believe in God, and I guess most would call me a Christian, I however don't. For reasons I won't get into here.

I'm 55 yrs old and I got my first Bible(KJV) on my fifth birthday, from my Grandmother. I still have it. I have read the Bible from beginning to end more than I can count. Not because it's that many only that I honestly didn't care enough to count. I just wanted to read it to learn. I have just finished the OT, and I must admit I have learned more this time than any other. When I started I did it because I had run out of other things to read. So I decided to read it thru again. I had no thoughts of getting anything more than any of the times I had the other times.

I have many more questions now than before. However I have more answers also. I hope that's not too confusing. When I found this board and read some of the post. I felt this could be a blessing. I know I need somewhere I can go to talk about the many things in live and I hope this is it.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

OneMan wrote: I guess most would call me a Christian, I however don't.
Then you should change your Profile to read that you are not a Christian.

And, welcome|!

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum, OneMan. :D

And fwiw, me like cookie too!

-Edward R Murrow

Mazzy
Valued Member
Sex: Female

Post by Mazzy »

Hi All

I am Mazzy, middle aged and I live in rural NSW and work as a social worker.

I returned to the Anglican Church about a year ago, after a long time being confused, although I am a baptized RC. I am still confused!

My current hobby is soap making, and it is the best, I reckon anyway.

I liked what I saw here re OEC and then found the forum. It was a breath of fresh air clearing some of the fog in my head. I am looking forward to some nice chats with you all. Thanks for having me.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum Mazzy. :wave:

I love the name Mazzy. It reminds me of this beautiful song.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I'm 55 yrs old and I got my first Bible(KJV) on my fifth birthday, from my Grandmother. I still have it. I have read the Bible from beginning to end more than I can count. Not because it's that many only that I honestly didn't care enough to count. I just wanted to read it to learn. I have just finished the OT, and I must admit I have learned more this time than any other. When I started I did it because I had run out of other things to read. So I decided to read it thru again. I had no thoughts of getting anything more than any of the times I had the other times.
OneMan, Welcome!

Learning about the Bible is a life-long process. It has so many layers of truth and there are certainly many portions that are difficult to understand - especially if one has not has some basic training in how to most effectively read and interpret it. While the KJV is a very important one (and you may have others), especially, in it day, there are now far better translations, as the knowledge of the original languages, scholarship and illuminations provided by new archaeological, historical finds and methodologies involved have greatly increased gotten substantially better (in many ways), it would tremendously help if you would buy a good, foot-noted study Bible. Here's a good one http://www.amazon.com/ESV-Study-Bible-C ... tudy+Bible and others might suggest one. From a scholarship point, the Bible is the most intensely and comprehensively studied and researched book in history. And so the knowledge Bible scholar teams can now bring to some of the better modern translations has helped tremendously by offering ever-better historical, cultural and Scriptural understandings. The ESV has fantastic maps, historical contexts of the development of the canon. When I was a young man.

As for Old Testament understandings, I can't recommend enough "Is God a Moral Monster" by Paul Copan: http://www.amazon.com/God-Moral-Monster ... al+Monster
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

:welcome: Mazzy
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome to the insane asylum, please enjoy your stay because you can never leave.......never. :happyclap:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Mazzy wrote:Hi All

Welcome Mazzy the social worker! Perhaps you could help danieltwotwenty? He lives in a cardboard box under a bridge near Hovells Creek, NSW.

Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Mazzy wrote:Hi All

Welcome Mazzy the social worker! Perhaps you could help danieltwotwenty? He lives in a cardboard box under a bridge near Hovells Creek, NSW.

If Danieltwotwenty has little twotwenty's he can go to the nearest St Vinnies or Community Services Centre and they may give him a bigger cardboard box and suggest safer bridge options to live under.