Pictures

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

why do you think, ocho? definately not for the same reason as you...you're even scared of your own face, aren't you?
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Judah wrote:Well ocho, since I'm not fond of being called a chick anyway, I am mildly tempted to forgive you for your oversight.
And I'm not mildly tempted to forgive him! :P Okay, I am. And mildly. I once gave it to a guy at school who called my friend and I "ladies" because of the new American meaning, (poor guy, he didn't even mean it that way.) I really just meant it to be an expression of my displeasure with the current usage, (used more for sluts and scantily clad "women"... or so it seems to me.) But like I said, he didn't mean it like that toward us. However, He didn't mean it like it would've meant not too many decades ago, though, either. But like I said, poor guy.
ocho wrote:It's a term of endearment
Gag, that's so sweet of you, (a group of baby geese is a gaggle)!
Judah wrote:Kate, this is getting very suspenseful.
It will soon require a box of jaffas and a double chocolate icecream cone as I settle in for the rest of the entertainment.
What are jaffas? And yes, I too believe this entertainment will continue. I don't work tomorrow either! Ha (pause) ha!
ocho wrote:Evidently, the Invisible Woman broke into Kate's home and stepped on her dog's tail while running off with Kate's pictures and scanner.
Hmmm, seems like I've got a new stalker again! How would you know that if not, hmmm?! But wait... how did you actually see the Invisible Woman? She's been buggin' me my whole life and I haven't been successful at that yet! I also find it strange that stepping on my dog's tail resulted in me hitting the right keys to close the window. I'm honestly mystified: (blame God.)
Felgar wrote:From what I know of you... I believe you Kate!
Is that an insult? :)
I think we can all agree that Kate is keeping Fel and I back.
And on purpose! :wink:
But how about acting in good faith - after all, Kate sounds like a pretty genuine type (Felgar claims to believe her) - and stop finding excuses to wriggle out of posting your own photo now?
Sounds like I've got a friend! Hey Judah, you up for girly chatting on sleeping bags in our pjs? :D And your signature beautifully glorifies our Father by displaying His Handiwork! I've loved His mountains since He sent me backpacking in Montana.

This week. Not a promise or a vow, (unbiblical,) but a possibility I'll try for. Although, it might be fun if I missed the deadline! :wink: God may not allow me to find those pictures or get to a usable scanner! And wouldn't that be plain mean of Him! :wink: :lol: :twisted: :o

I'm kind of liking this little game now! May we continue for a couple more weeks?
jakelo
Recognized Member

Post by jakelo »

Hmm..I want in on this too!
Attachments
Heres me in Hawaii!!
Heres me in Hawaii!!
PICS (2).jpg (45.8 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Yay Kate, you've got a friend... especially when it comes to girly chatter on sleeping bags in pjs. :lol:

Jaffas... they are a type of little hard candy balls, kind of chocolate tasting on the outside with orange centres. In really old movie theatres whren there was no carpet on the floor, just bare boards, and the floors slanted down towards the screen, people would sit back with their jaffas to settle in for the long haul. Every so often some clown in a back row would drop his box of jaffas and they would all roll slowly and noisily down to the screen, taking absolutely forever in the process. Others would hoot and groan audibly, etc. But it was the thing to have... a box of jaffas for extra entertainment.

When it comes to terms of endearment, Kate, just take it on face value and blush graciously. Otherwise all manner of other alternatives rear their less good-looking little heads. :D
Men are funny creatures. There's no real explaining them (other than in terms of their physical needs) but there's some use in having them around at times.

**Judah now exits the scene judiciously**
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Well G'day Jakelo!
What are you doing in Hawaii ???
jakelo
Recognized Member

Post by jakelo »

Went there as a graduation gift along with my sister who also graduated :). Had a great time.
Last edited by jakelo on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Come join in on the fun, Jack! Everyone's welcome to suspensfully wait for kateliz to post her now infamous pics! In fact, Jack'o, bring your lantern and you can join Judah and I on our sleeping bags! (That is, if you've got the stomach for girly-talk! Nary a man yet has survived such an awful fright!) Then, if you get too scared, just climb up your beanstalk and run to the safety of that giant. But even he won't dare come near the sleeping bags without earplugs and an eye mask! Sorry jakelo, but I just had to make stupid jokes off your name- the opportunity presented itself! (Darn brain cells always getting me into trouble! I warned them that if they didn't calm down I'd come up there and knock 'em dead! Spare the rod, spoil the neurons as they say!)

I think I need a box of jaffaws to distract everyone from my missing pics for awhile. They'd come in handy in a time like this!
jakelo
Recognized Member

Post by jakelo »

Only one thing can be said in response to kateliz...

LOL!!!!
Last edited by jakelo on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Would it be getting too off-topic if I asked you where you went in Hawaii? Three years ago I went to Maui for about a week, stopping for a day before our flight out from Honolulu across from Waikiki. I loved Maui, but would like to get the opportunity to go to an even more natural island sometime, (if God so wills.) I went with family for a wedding in Maui's plantation.
jakelo
Recognized Member

Post by jakelo »

I went to kauai. Rained EVERYday but it was still awesome!
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

I'm sure it was. My cousins went there for their honeymoon after the wedding and loved it. They said that there were chickens running around everwhere because the mongoose was banned from the island or something. I guess they don't bother anybody too much. Did you see many of them?
jakelo
Recognized Member

Post by jakelo »

lol there were chickens everywhere. You could be sitting at a table eating shaved ice and out of nowhere you'd see two roosters jump out of the bushes, one chasing the other out of its territory.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:why do you think, ocho? definately not for the same reason as you...
Why don't you tell us?
you're even scared of your own face, aren't you?
So sad you are.
kateliz wrote: I once gave it to a guy at school who called my friend and I "ladies" because of the new American meaning, (poor guy, he didn't even mean it that way.)
A lady is defined as a woman or a woman with authority, so where'd you get your definition, feminist Kate?

I'm kind of liking this little game now! May we continue for a couple more weeks?
Sounds like you enjoy stalling. :)
Men are funny creatures. There's no real explaining them (other than in terms of their physical needs) but there's some use in having them around at times.
And woman came from man's rib. :D
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

why don't you tell us?
because everyone already knows. :lol:

you must be one fugly dude, ocho. i'm sorry about that.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Ephesians 4:1
As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
1 Corinthians 13:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Peter 3:
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.