Homosexual Marriage (aka digging up a hot-button topic)

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Homosexual Marriage (aka digging up a hot-button topic)

Post by Jac3510 »

PaulSacramento wrote:I hear what you are saying and I see your point and, I myself have been there on the receiving end of that intolerance.

What I don't get is the whole "there is no norm for sexuality".
I mean, there is a norm for virtually everything else right?
NORM:A designated standard of average performance of people of a given age, background, etc.
Normal:Conforming to a standard or common type.
See, we can say that homosexuality is normal based on this view:
Biology, Medicine/Medical .
a.
free from any infection or other form of disease or malformation, or from experimental therapy or manipulation.
b.
of natural occurrence.

YET, that sets us up for a slipper slope, to suggest that because something is a natural occurrence that it is the norm is probably not the road we want to go down for obvious reasons.
Of course you are right that there is a norm. I can't speak for why precisely they would deny sexual norms. On one hand, they may just deny all ethical norms. Or they may just try to deny it in this specific case by using there own sexuality as a counter-example for the "norm" of heterosexuality. Then there's the whole libertarian assumption that "right and wrong" don't really matter so much as not doing something to harm someone else being the only prescriptive "standard," blah, blah, blah.

You ought to read the book by Feser I mentioned above. It goes into this in a lot of detail.
BryanH wrote:Ok...
One quick question though: did you formulate this comment in this manner on purpose?
In what manner?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Homosexual Marriage (aka digging up a hot-button topic)

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

BryanH wrote:I didn't say any of the things you have inferred.

The only I said is that homosexuality occurs natural within animals and that sometimes research studies have a starting point in the animal kingdom so later we can research humans beings to get more precise answers.
My post was not directed specifically towards yourself, it was aimed at people in general.

I don't however see how your point has any relevance to the topic at hand.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.