Blame it on God

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Blame it on God

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Why is it that nutcases (members of hate groups, such as white supremists in the KKK) say they're doing stuff in the name of God? And they usually call themselves Christians! Why? Why oh why oh why?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
RGeeB
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by RGeeB »

Its taking scripture out of context and introducing private interpretations. Its what Satan did when tempting Jesus. The JWs who knocked on my door yesterday showed how powerful this technique is..
Maranatha!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm sorry. :( So many say they're Christians, but God will do some sorting.
ongelovige
Acquainted Member

Scriptute out of context

Post by ongelovige »

[quote="RGeeB"]Its taking scripture out of context and introducing private interpretations. Its what Satan did when tempting Jesus. The JWs who knocked on my door yesterday showed how powerful this technique is..[/quote]

Most weird. Why is your interpretation not 'private' and 'taking scripture out of context'. :lol:

People in certain hate groups quote the stories around Noah's Ark - I believe it is Set or something who is scourged and sent away southwards. God does the scourging (turning the guy and his descendants black). Used by the Apartheids regime in South Africa, ah well, loads of people still believe this stuff.

Out of context - I don't think so, it's there for you to read! But BS, pardon my French, definitely. Makes you wonder how true etc.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

What were you trying to say?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
ongelovige
Acquainted Member

Re: Blame it on God

Post by ongelovige »

[quote="AttentionKMartShoppers"]Why is it that nutcases (members of hate groups, such as white supremists in the KKK) say they're doing stuff in the name of God? And they usually call themselves Christians! Why? Why oh why oh why?[/quote]

I was trying to answer your question. They claim to be christians because they find scipture text (pure scripture you know) that they can use to justify their actions.

I guess this makes it pretty clear that scripture is open to abuse and NO claim based on scripture (however 'pure') is sound. At least, I wouldnot accept the Apartheid ideology and its Christian base, would you?
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Why is it that nutcases (members of hate groups, such as white supremists in the KKK) say they're doing stuff in the name of God? And they usually call themselves Christians! Why? Why oh why oh why?
It's nothing new. Throughout history, selfish people have abused religion for their own needs and desires.
ongelovige
Acquainted Member

Post by ongelovige »

ochotseat wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Why is it that nutcases (members of hate groups, such as white supremists in the KKK) say they're doing stuff in the name of God? And they usually call themselves Christians! Why? Why oh why oh why?
It's nothing new. Throughout history, selfish people have abused religion for their own needs and desires.
Most weird. Why is your interpretation not 'private' and 'taking scripture out of context'.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

ongelovige wrote:
Most weird. Why is your interpretation not 'private' and 'taking scripture out of context'.

Because people would get the point regardless.