Deu 4

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Deborah
Christian: No

Deu 4

Post by Deborah »

Last night during my daily bible reading session, I discovered interesting scripture
in Deuteronomy 4. Even my husband whom is not very religious/spiritual said WOW!
The topics in this Chapter are,
Obedience Commanded
Idolatry Forbidden
The Lord is God
Cities of refuge
Introduction to the Law.

The topic that really hit me was Idolatry Forbidden.
Deu 4:15-31
It seems to make sense to me yet I am having difficulty finding the words to explain it.
But I think it is telling us how our ansterors were scattered and how we became what we are, and where we are from.
It gives the impression that God was disappointed, this is why Israel was scattered.

It beings me to the question if Israel displeased God so much that he denied them their inheritance until they bought themselves into line, then perhaps this is why there is not peace in Israel/Palestine, because they have not earned their inheritance from god, then took it from man.
I think this is a valid theory, right or wrong. They lost their homeland before the time of Jesus. Should it not be only through Jesus that they received it back? Afterall God came to mankind in the bodily image of man, to walk with man and teach man, and show man how man should live.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

The Jews learned their lesson after the Babylonian exile. I believe they have never again gone back into idolatory as a nation since.
Maranatha!
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I don't think people learn lessons very well. Right after being freed from Egypt, once Moses went onto the mountain they made a golden calf. Then, later, they prefer the idolatry of surrounding nations to worshipping God. Those are only two examples, I know that's the only a few of the things they did wrong.

The inheritance God promised was in a covenant, correct? A covenant is a one sided agreement. God says He will do something, independent of what others do.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

There is nothing new under the sun. Lifes lessens causes you to either wise up or continue to lumps upon your head. Deborah, you have made a good point and I can see the revelation that God has shown you. To add to that Ezekial prophisied about dry bones coming back to life. Israel is now a known state. The conclusion;.....homeland is nothing without Christ.