Is it a sin to be insecure?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Is it a sin to be insecure?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is it a sin to be insecure?

Post by Nessa »

I am not sure if it is a sin to feel insecure as much as its a sin to act on it.

I have a friend who, every now and then, makes insulting comments to me that are born out of her insecurities. To me, that is sin. Also I can dwell on bad thoughts and have a hardness of heart due to my own insecurities. I consider this also sin.

I find people can have a false humility due to insecurities which is also sin as well.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Maybe a person needs to resolve the insecurity -- we Should be able to find our Security in our relationship with God. Our we a child of God?! We Can be.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

crochet1949 wrote:Maybe a person needs to resolve the insecurity -- we Should be able to find our Security in our relationship with God. Our we a child of God?! We Can be.
Well yes but its kinda like saying an overweight person should be slim. Its not always that simple
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Well -- our relationship with God Can be resolved fairly easily. Do I believe in God in the 1st place -- Do I believe that Jesus Christ is God's Son? Do I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to take care of my sins? That He rose again after three days? 1 Corinthians 15: 3 -5 or so. The Gospel unto salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.
There's Nothing I need to do myself to secure my salvation. Jesus Christ has already done everything needed. We simply accept that what He's already done is all that Is needed.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

I read the article included -- goes a bit over-board.