How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:06 am

Any ideas?

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby PaulSacramento » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 am

Why is lust wrong?

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Philip » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 am

I often lust for my wife!

I sometimes lust for really good ice cream.

I lust for a vintage 1959 Les Paul guitar.

Etc. :D

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Nessa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Any ideas?

by lusting after them inappropriately y:-/

just kidding....

Yes, define in what context you are referring to.

I always thought lust was bad until there was a thread in here that changed my mind.

Lust is not always bad.

P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18769
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby RickD » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Nessa wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Any ideas?

by lusting after them inappropriately y:-/

just kidding....

Yes, define in what context you are referring to.

I always thought lust was bad until there was a thread in here that changed my mind.

Lust is not always bad.

P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.

Nessa, Philip already is "older", so I think he's ok. ;)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Nessa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:34 pm

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Any ideas?

by lusting after them inappropriately y:-/

just kidding....

Yes, define in what context you are referring to.

I always thought lust was bad until there was a thread in here that changed my mind.

Lust is not always bad.

P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.

Nessa, Philip already is "older", so I think he's ok. ;)


Yes, he's older but Im talking about rest home age...

I heard it said theres alot of stuff going on in rest homes to do with lust yet others say its all bull poop

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18769
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby RickD » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Any ideas?

by lusting after them inappropriately y:-/

just kidding....

Yes, define in what context you are referring to.

I always thought lust was bad until there was a thread in here that changed my mind.

Lust is not always bad.

P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.

Nessa, Philip already is "older", so I think he's ok. ;)


Yes, he's older but Im talking about rest home age...

I heard it said theres alot of stuff going on in rest homes to do with lust yet others say its all bull poop

You "heard" there's stuff going on in rest homes?
Do you frequent rest homes with perverted old men, often?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Nessa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:39 pm

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Any ideas?

by lusting after them inappropriately y:-/

just kidding....

Yes, define in what context you are referring to.

I always thought lust was bad until there was a thread in here that changed my mind.

Lust is not always bad.

P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.

Nessa, Philip already is "older", so I think he's ok. ;)


Yes, he's older but Im talking about rest home age...

I heard it said theres alot of stuff going on in rest homes to do with lust yet others say its all bull poop

You "heard" there's stuff going on in rest homes?
Do you frequent rest homes with perverted old men, often?



:underchair:

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Philip » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Nessa: P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.


It all has to do with making "it" a priority. The more you do, the more you'll want. But it's not all hormone driven like when we were - well, 30 or so. Back then, hormones took care of everything - lust-wise. But it can be, and often is, even better. It's kind of like an older, favorite car. You know what it can do, how fast, its handling, it's secrets, imperfections, all that. You have an ever greater appreciation and love for that car. But if you don't drive it a lot, it won't run quite a well. So, ya gotta keep that car in great shape, frequent tuneups, keep her waxed and the paint in great shape. I was gonna mention the fluids, but... :lol: All that to say, your familiarity with what that car can do is far greater, you enjoy it more, and at a more relaxed pace. But it can do all it ever could, and more, when you want it to. But if you neglect driving her, the shape shes in - you'll lose interest and ability to optimally obtain the same performance as back in the day.

How's my symbolism working? Hey, but I'll let you know more once I'm "older." :mrgreen:

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Nessa wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Any ideas?

by lusting after them inappropriately y:-/

just kidding....

Yes, define in what context you are referring to.

I always thought lust was bad until there was a thread in here that changed my mind.

Lust is not always bad.

P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.

I meant lusting like in non marital sex. Yes lust isn't always bad but usually lust is connotative with sexual sin.

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:32 pm

PaulSacramento wrote:Why is lust wrong?

I meant sexual sin.
Porn is out of control in this society, among my peers there are many who watch porn and don't feel bad about it.

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Nessa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:51 pm

Philip wrote:
Nessa: P.S do you think you will always lust after your wife, phil? I have heard conflicting views on how it is when you are older. To some, that sorta thing seems to go out the window.


It all has to do with making "it" a priority. The more you do, the more you'll want. But it's not all hormone driven like when we were - well, 30 or so. Back then, hormones took care of everything - lust-wise. But it can be, and often is, even better. It's kind of like an older, favorite car. You know what it can do, how fast, its handling, it's secrets, imperfections, all that. You have an ever greater appreciation and love for that car. But if you don't drive it a lot, it won't run quite a well. So, ya gotta keep that car in great shape, frequent tuneups, keep her waxed and the paint in great shape. I was gonna mention the fluids, but... :lol: All that to say, your familiarity with what that car can do is far greater, you enjoy it more, and at a more relaxed pace. But it can do all it ever could, and more, when you want it to. But if you neglect driving her, the shape shes in - you'll lose interest and ability to optimally obtain the same performance as back in the day.

How's my symbolism working? Hey, but I'll let you know more once I'm "older." :mrgreen:


Lets see if I can make the symbolism work as well y:-?

Yes, Im sure if there is any problems with your car, all you would have to do is have a look under the hood and find out whats wrong. Gotta keep the engine purring ~^..^~ meow

but a car is old at 30 with and you feel less natural desire to rev that thing up? test the speed limits?

I wouldnt necessarily say you are driving the car over the hill at that age... :econfused:

Some cars are only just really getting warmed up then broom broom

Males and females hit their peak at different ages.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Philip » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Males and females hit their peak at different ages.


I just keep hitting new peaks! :mrgreen: Vrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmm!

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Nessa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Philip wrote:
Males and females hit their peak at different ages.


I just keep hitting new peaks! :mrgreen: Vrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmm!


Yes, but what about mrs phil :P dont leave her in the valley :shakehead:

:lol: kidding of course

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How can I convince someone that lust is wrong?

Postby Nessa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:06 pm

gettng back to the real issue....

We all have lust problems. Even looking at someone wrongfully is sin. So maybe talking to them about your own experiences and struggles might give them some insight.


Return to “The Bible and Scripture”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests