Chrislam

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Christian: Yes

Chrislam

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:36 pm

How can someone reconcile the differences between Christianity and Islam? Like for instance their gospels, Christianity says it's by faith you're saved, and works just come as a result of the Spirit while Islam teaches a works salvation doctrine.

IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Chrislam

Postby IceMobster » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:18 pm

There needs not to be any reconciliation. There is but one way to God, and that is not through "his prophet" (Matthew 7:15-28).
I just fail to understand how can someone believe some crazya$$ guy that entered a cave and got himself high on mushrooms
was a messenger of god. They then proceeded to convert people by sword (from 622.-632. Arabian peninsula was conquered, then 637. Jerusalem, 641. Alexandria, ........).

Compare that to Christianity and you will notice Christianity is vastly superior in that regard (well, in other regards, as well,...).

The title gave me cancer, though. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!

patrick
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Chrislam

Postby patrick » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:56 am

One can't reconcile them. As far as I'm aware, Islam was created by someone who believed Christianity had been adulterated with falsehoods over time. So a compromise between the two wouldn't really make sense.

Return to “The Bible and Scripture”