Daniel 12 and Isaiah 24:6

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Daniel 12 and Isaiah 24:6

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Daniel 12 says everyone who's name is written in the book of life will escape the distress on earth. Isaiah 24:6 says a few will live remain on earth. Seeing the sinners will be burned up, who are the few left?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Daniel 12 and Isaiah 24:6

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Daniel 12 says everyone who's name is written in the book of life will escape the distress on earth. Isaiah 24:6 says a few will live remain on earth. Seeing the sinners will be burned up, who are the few left?
I have not really dug into this very deep yet but just eyeballing it based on what bible knowledge I have. Perhaps Daniel is referring to the rapture and Isaiah is talking about the tribulation period where the population is greatly diminished but people do survive the tribulation.They also re-populate the earth in Christ's thousand year reign on earth.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Daniel 12 says everyone who's name is written in the book of life will escape the distress on earth. Isaiah 24:6 says a few will live remain on earth. Seeing the sinners will be burned up, who are the few left?
I have not really dug into this very deep yet but just eyeballing it based on what bible knowledge I have. Perhaps Daniel is referring to the rapture and Isaiah is talking about the tribulation period where the population is greatly diminished but people do survive the tribulation.They also re-populate the earth in Christ's thousand year reign on earth.
Maybe, but what about the burning? I thought that happened at the second coming.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Maybe, but what about the burning? I thought that happened at the second coming.
Nuclear weapons in the trib,meteors hitting the earth,etc.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.