flat earth

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

flat earth

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Why do people think the bible supports a flat earth? I even heard an atheist at my school today say it prophesied a flat earth, which didn't make sense to me.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: flat earth

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Why do people think the bible supports a flat earth? I even heard an atheist at my school today say it prophesied a flat earth, which didn't make sense to me.
It comes from an extreme anti-bias about anything science claims is true and even the world first off,but then it comes from a lack of proper biblical interpretation. It comes from misunderstanding the bible when it talks about the hard dome.They think it has to do with the first heaven(The earth's atmosphere) only instead of all 3 heavens and the crystal sea. The crystal sea is the dome they don't understand because of a lack of properly interpreting the bible. The bible teaches of 3 heavens and a crystal sea not just the first heaven - the earth's atmosphere. You should watch a video I posted about The Deeps.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

The phrases "four corners of the earth" and "ends of the earth" are found in Scripture.

Yet, then so too is "sphere/circle of the earth." (Isaiah 40:22)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Why do people think the bible supports a flat earth? I even heard an atheist at my school today say it prophesied a flat earth, which didn't make sense to me.
What doesn't make sense to me, is why you'd listen to anything an atheist says, about biblical interpretations. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:
What doesn't make sense to me, is why you'd listen to anything an atheist says, about biblical interpretations. y:-?
He was in the same place with me and was just randomly talked about it. Why would I run away, make me seem suspicious? Plus, if done right, such times could be a good to help evangelize by using apologetics.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
He was in the same place with me and was just randomly talked about it. Why would I run away, make me seem suspicious? Plus, if done right, such times could be a good to help evangelize by using apologetics.
When it comes to an atheist especially one of the new atheists you are better off just preaching the gospel to them straight than trying to correct their interpretations of the bible.It would not matter how many interpretations you corrected they will jus come up with more.These new atheists have their talking points bible they read and they have all kinds of talking points to use against Christians.Here is their weakness though that gets them very irritated. You see they have came up with an argument to exclude themselves from needing any evidence atheism is true. They want you to prove God exists while they sit there with no evidence at all to even know they are right choosing to be an atheist. You should just demand evidence atheism is true and listen to them explain to you why they are excluded and don't need any evidence to know they are right. But keep asking anyway,even when they are worn out explaining to you why they don't have to have any.Then explain that you don't take evidence seriously and this is why no matter how much evidence for Christianity being true I could give you,you don't know how to know when you are dealing with evidence to know something is true. You have lowered your standards down so low choosing to be an atheist so that it has caused you to not take evidence seriously and can't tell when you are given evidence.When they ask you for evidence Christianity is true? Say I'd like to but until you get serious about evidence it will do no good.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
If he thinks the Bible supports a flat earth, then you won't get too far explaining biblical interpretations about anything. You'd be better off doing what ACB said, and just preach the gospel, and let God deal with him.

But hey, it's your time, and maybe you'll learn something when speaking to him.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Often flat Earth, an earth centre of the solar system, Bible is contradictory I've looked into it, are thrown out there by someone who discovers you're Christian who isn't. They aren't necessarily adept Atheist debaters.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

There are a few Christians who think earth is flat. That doesn't help our cause at all.
For more info see this: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

And there are a few Christians who think Benny Hinn actually heals people too.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

There are Christians who think Obama's birth certificate was forged too... :econfused:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

And there are a few Christians is only one Christian who actually voted for Egg McMuffin.

-Edward R Murrow