Water outside universe?!

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Water outside universe?!

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Does the bible hint at water outside of the universe? Psalm 148:4 says water above the heavens. Certain gap theory ideas say the first world was destroyed in water, and this universe came from that one. Other verses indicate water of some type above the sky, but vague enough to allow for either view.
:econfused:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Water outside universe?!

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Does the bible hint at water outside of the universe? Psalm 148:4 says water above the heavens. Certain gap theory ideas say the first world was destroyed in water, and this universe came from that one. Other verses indicate water of some type above the sky, but vague enough to allow for either view.
So, as soon as one goes above the sky, one exits the universe?
:shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Water outside universe?!

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Does the bible hint at water outside of the universe? Psalm 148:4 says water above the heavens. Certain gap theory ideas say the first world was destroyed in water, and this universe came from that one. Other verses indicate water of some type above the sky, but vague enough to allow for either view.
So, as soon as one goes above the sky, one exits the universe?
:shock:
Haha, sorry, I should've clarified.The verse that mentions water above the sky (firmament) can be taken to say that the water went outside of the universe, which apparently is called the firmament too, since in day 4 the sun, moon, and stars are there. Or that could be explained by saying it just looks like it's in the firmament, after all Genesis 1 is nearly all from an earth based point of view.