stars falling from sky

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

stars falling from sky

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

How do you think the stars will fall from heaven at the 2nd Coming? This is a supernatural event to clarify. Me I think either they will seem to fall on the horizon or it is referring to meteors.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: stars falling from sky

Post by B. W. »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:How do you think the stars will fall from heaven at the 2nd Coming? This is a supernatural event to clarify. Me I think either they will seem to fall on the horizon or it is referring to meteors.
Most likely a metaphor for a profound change that cannot be expressed any other way

Mat 24:29 NKJV, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Re: stars falling from sky

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

B. W. wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:How do you think the stars will fall from heaven at the 2nd Coming? This is a supernatural event to clarify. Me I think either they will seem to fall on the horizon or it is referring to meteors.
Most likely a metaphor for a profound change that cannot be expressed any other way

Mat 24:29 NKJV, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."
-
-
-
Possibly, as the Kingdom of God is literally coming to earth and the older things are beginning to pass away. However Isaiah also mentions this event. Isaiah 34:4 NIV"All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree." http://biblehub.com/isaiah/34-4.htm for more translations.
The detail in how they will fall (or appear to fall) seems to indicate that it will be real, let's pray to God about it.