Old Testament Prophecy & Foreshadows of Christ

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Old Testament Prophecy & Foreshadows of Christ

Post by Kurieuo »

Jesus said when appearing to His disciples,
  • "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." (Luke 24:44) And then, "He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures." (Luke 24:45)
The question I place before you is, what is said of Jesus in the Scriptures Christ mentions?

There are many foreshadows and prophecies concerning Jesus and the Gospel Christians hold dearly to. Second, not everyone will understand these messages in the Scriptures, except that Christ, the Holy Spirit who is now with us, helps to illuminate such.

I'm sure non-Christians can still get a sense of them, but their meaning is lost because they do not, cannot accept what is written since they reject the One who is the source. So then, I'm going to post two videos I came across which I expect will resonate strongly with Christians. Indeed, I believe these (and many others not covered) point strongly to divine inspiration of the Scriptures. If the Scriptures are divinely inspired, then so much as they are inspired they do carry authority to us, no less than Christ Himself. And, their discernment I'd argue, is to be had today spiritually (just as much as rationally) via the Holy Spirit.

Scriptures can certainly be treated rationally as historical texts, they can be dissected and pulled apart, theology even does this and comes up with a myriad of interpretations over this or that specific passage. Yet, what cannot be forced or had, is wisdom. The disciples didn't have such discerning wisdom until Jesus opened their minds to understand them on a new spiritual level that went beyond their carnality.

What I'd hope from posting the videos I'm about to here, is that some will at least have something inside them click, be unlocked, opened and see spiritual messages that previously were hidden by the surface. Nonetheless, I see such are clearly there to be seen, read and understood by those who have understanding (though I pray those who may not have such might too at least see kernels of truth).

These videos are then just an introduction really, to give a taste for what actually thoroughly pervades much of the Scriptures. The first video, examines the Pentateuch (Torah) the compilation of which is attributed to Moses. Takes a look of some common stories throughout and the foreshadows of such which point to Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgL6Gm8Gdlw

The second takes a look at some popular prophecies, and then some interesting insights that I wasn't even aware to and am not entirely sure what to make of (i.e., Isaiah). Yet, this too more gets into the prophecy side of things in the Prophets and Psalms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQqMc-2rAfk

If you like these, the guy seems to be starting out on YouTube, so subscribe and/or like.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Re: Old Testament Prophecy & Foreshadows of Christ

Post by Kurieuo »

Here's another video by a Jewish Christian group (One for Israel), that goes into the Son of God prophecies found in Hebrew Scriptures, and also comments on what Jewish sages and the Talmud teaches of such.

https://youtu.be/55MVA2BD0_M
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Many reject Jesus because of the prophecies he didn't deliver on
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Many reject Jesus because their mind is already decided.