David and Goliath

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

David and Goliath

Post by ultimate777 »

In the book "David and Goliath" by Malcolm Gladwell he states that Goliath should have been the underdog for many even non-supernatural reasons, and many onlookers probably realized it. One of the biggest was he was almost blind.

Personally I always felt the sling was almost as good as a gun under the circumstances.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: David and Goliath

Post by Jac3510 »

Gladwell simply doesn't know what he's talking about, and the book in question was rightly and widely panned by critics. Here's a sample review you might want to look at:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 0254007968
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: David and Goliath

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:Gladwell simply doesn't know what he's talking about, and the book in question was rightly and widely panned by critics. Here's a sample review you might want to look at:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 0254007968
I can't read without subscribing!

Thanks a lot Brian! :crying:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony