Dead Sea: MORE Scrolls?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Dead Sea: MORE Scrolls?

Post by Philip »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... rolls.html

Will be interesting to see what might turn up!
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Dead Sea: MORE Scrolls?

Post by crochet1949 »

My question would be -- Why go on an expedition -- all that money -- spent with No indication that there ARE more scrolls.

The person who found the Dead Sea scrolls -- him finding them was a 'God-thing' -- he was Not out Looking for them. My thought would be that the Holy Spirit directed him to find those scrolls.

Maybe the people going on that expedition should simply read what has already been found.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

My question would be -- Why go on an expedition -- all that money -- spent with No indication that there ARE more scrolls.
Methodical, organized archaeology cannot be a bad thing! Those pursuing this have secular - perhaps even Zionist - interests. But what they might come across in the mean time might bring even more powerful discoveries that reinforce understandings that Scripture is actually historical, or illumination to things currently unknown about Biblical times. There have been all manner of such discoveries that have put radical Bible critics in their place. God may well use this to show the world more than we think is possible to know. I'm open minded and hopeful for the endeavor.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

I was just re-reading the article -- Israel is about to give that piece of land to Palestinian control -- according to the very last sentence in the article?! Sounds like they are going on the expedition to specifically locate any more of any scrolls that might be there still.

And, yes, there Is always a chance that other important things will be found.

Usually that which archeologists Do find on 'digs' confirms Bible.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:Maybe the people going on that expedition should simply read what has already been found.
ok, Israel ceding any authority over land is a joke, wadr, that was just our cue to laugh. And they hate what has already been found, of course.

and interesting to note that their "Crown Jewels" were discovered by those who are now considered criminals, and arrested for doing the same thing. Hmm.

does anyone here think that the "authorities" will succeed, where surely thousands of Tuaregs have failed, since the initial discoveries? yet i will lay you...any odds you like, that the "authorities" will "discover" something, which they will then not allow anyone to inspect, of course, because it will be considered "too important." (an ersatz Hebrew NT would not surprise me)
crochet1949 wrote: My question would be -- Why go on an expedition -- all that money -- spent with No indication that there ARE more scrolls.
exactly. Follow the $$$/power, and the question answers itself, imo. Guess we'll see, huh.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

ok, Israel ceding any authority over land is a joke, wadr, that was just our cue to laugh.

and interesting to note that their "Crown Jewels" were discovered by those who are now considered criminals, and arrested for doing the same thing. Hmm.
Please don't hijack this with political views. What might be found and validated transcends politics - it really matters not who discovers whatever/wherever. Discoveries can either be authenticated or not. They either have historical/archaeological value or not.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

well, my apologies, but you call these views "political," when wadr

"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion means."
Mahatma Gandhi

which i offer as an excuse, for now, while standing by my comments, unless you have a valid argument to refute the truth of them? Which i'm pretty sure i could find a Rabbi that would agree? I mean, before we get into a pointless debate over this, are you willing to stand behind the assertion that any "ceding of land control" such as is suggested would somehow preclude the authorities from doing...lol, whatever the heck they wanted there in future? ty
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

"wadr" ???? Turn my ignorance into knowledge.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

we cleared this up altready, right? Highlight/Rclick/Search?

hope that is working for you now.