Does God Really Care?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Does God Really Care?

Post by PaulSacramento »

There are many reasons AND also many excuses to doubt the existence of God.
Problem is some people don't know the difference.
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Nicki wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Why would you think God wouldn't prefer us to seek truth out, including Himself, rather than present everything on a silver platter?

Haven't the slightest idea. Why does he want the Christian to play a game of Seek and Find, with a real chance of failure, rather than simply tell a person that in order to get into his heaven all one has to do is adore, praise, and supplicate himself before god?
Well, if you knew that yourself, it must be quite clear in the Bible. ;)
Grr, I wonder why that quote got cut off? It comes up in full here in the reply...

Edit - now it's in full in the original again - maybe I'm seeing things - or maybe it's my computer y:-/
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Why would you think God wouldn't prefer us to seek truth out, including Himself, rather than present everything on a silver platter?

Haven't the slightest idea. Why does he want the Christian to play a game of Seek and Find, with a real chance of failure, rather than simply tell a person that in order to get into his heaven all one has to do is adore, praise, and supplicate himself before god?
Well, if you knew that yourself, it must be quite clear in the Bible. ;)
Grr, I wonder why that quote got cut off? It comes up in full here in the reply...

Edit - now it's in full in the original again - maybe I'm seeing things - or maybe it's my computer y:-/
Clearly, operator error. :poke:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Audacity wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote: I think you're taking the lazy approach,looking for an excuse to not trust God's word.
Actually, I need no excuse. Christians provided plenty of them.
The bible is written in a way to where God wants us to seek and find the truth,but we must be willing to do it and you are not.

By insuring that it be translated into almost 200 English versions? Evidently then, with the passage of time as more and more versions have become available god is increasing the difficulty in finding this truth. One would best to have been born 1,500 years ago when the selection of Bible translations was much narrower and the task much easier.

And really, you think god is playing a game of Seek and Find? Got any idea why he would play such a game? And, what happens to those who, for whatever reason, fail to "Find"? "To bad, sonny, I know you tried as best you could, but the door to Eternal Fire and Brimstone is right behind you."
It is not an excuse,it is you with the excuse to not believe in God and I bet you have a list of excuses too. Jesus told us to seek and find. You can know the truth of God's word but your excuses get in the way.You expect God to do things your way,instead of you repenting and doing things God's way.Why would you choose to do things your way and make up excuses to believe you cannot really get to the truth of God's word? I mean you can believe that,but you're wrong. Plenty of Christians have found truth in God's word and you can too,but you've got to get rid of your excuses that are biased opinions. God does care too,don't fool yourself into thinking God does'nt care.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audacity »

Storyteller wrote:Hi Audacity :)

Tell me where it says anywhere that you are condemned for not finding.
But isn't this what finding the truth is all about, to find it so as to avoid being condemned to hell?
As for the Sunday School question of why anything exists at all.... you dismiss it, why? Surely that is the first question to ask?
First of all, what is there to say about it? Contemporarily, either one proposes that its a result of the Big bang, or one contends it's god's wish. After that, what? The topic is dead. Secondly, it's irrelevant to the issue here, and I don't want to take the thread of track.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: I think your guess (premise) is wrong that God would not confuse.
Somewhere in there, amidst the Abrahamic stories, you'll found a Tower of Babel, right?
So you think that because god had reason enough to make people speak different languages, he had good reason to make sure his message was so confusing as not to be understood? REALLY?
Maybe you should work forwards starting with the question why anything exists at all.
But why should I care about such an uninteresting question. It's a question better posed to young children in Sunday schools.
How and why is that an uninteresting question?
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Audacity wrote:

But isn't this what finding the truth is all about, to find it so as to avoid being condemned to hell?No, the point is in the looking and not rejecting Christ. Rejecting Christ is the only thing that condemns you to hell. Its just easier to accept Christ if you accept truth.
As for the Sunday School question of why anything exists at all.... you dismiss it, why? Surely that is the first question to ask?
First of all, what is there to say about it? Well, its got you all prickly.Contemporarily, either one proposes that its a result of the Big bang, or one contends it's god's wish. or both.After that, what? The topic is dead. why? is dead? Then so is humanity.Secondly, it's irrelevant to the issue here, and I don't want to take the thread of track.depends on how you see it.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

abelcainsbrother wrote: It is not an excuse,it is you with the excuse to not believe in God and I bet you have a list of excuses too.

I know some fundie Christians think that believing in the Christian god is kind of a binding default position everyone is expected to adhere to, and that to not believe in him one must come up with some kind of an excuse. But let me ask you, do you find it necessary to excuse yourself from believing in the Zoroastrianism god Ahura Mazda? How about Hinduism's Krishna? I sure don't, just as I don't find it necessary to excuse my disbelief in the god of Abraham. Your god is hardly any better than any of the others. In fact, considering some of the dastardly things he is said to have done, I'd put him below some of the others.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

IceMobster wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: I think your guess (premise) is wrong that God would not confuse.
Somewhere in there, amidst the Abrahamic stories, you'll found a Tower of Babel, right?
So you think that because god had reason enough to make people speak different languages, he had good reason to make sure his message was so confusing as not to be understood? REALLY?
Maybe you should work forwards starting with the question why anything exists at all.
But why should I care about such an uninteresting question. It's a question better posed to young children in Sunday schools.
How and why is that an uninteresting question?
See my reply to Storyteller, above.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

Storyteller wrote:
Audacity wrote:

But isn't this what finding the truth is all about, to find it so as to avoid being condemned to hell?No, the point is in the looking and not rejecting Christ. Rejecting Christ is the only thing that condemns you to hell. Its just easier to accept Christ if you accept truth.
First of all, what is there to say about it? Well, its got you all prickly.Contemporarily, either one proposes that its a result of the Big bang, or one contends it's god's wish. or both.After that, what? The topic is dead. why? is dead? Then so is humanity.Secondly, it's irrelevant to the issue here, and I don't want to take the thread of track.depends on how you see it.
Sorry, but it's just to difficult to reply to your points in this kind of format. Want a response, then please use the
system.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

on kindle, low battery. that was easier, sorry.

another time :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audacity wrote:
And really, you think god is playing a game of Seek and Find? Got any idea why he would play such a game? And, what happens to those who, for whatever reason, fail to "Find"? "To bad, sonny, I know you tried as best you could, but the door to Eternal Fire and Brimstone is right behind you."
God promises that all those who seek Him with all their heart, will find Him.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Audacity wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote: It is not an excuse,it is you with the excuse to not believe in God and I bet you have a list of excuses too.

I know some fundie Christians think that believing in the Christian god is kind of a binding default position everyone is expected to adhere to, and that to not believe in him one must come up with some kind of an excuse. But let me ask you, do you find it necessary to excuse yourself from believing in the Zoroastrianism god Ahura Mazda? How about Hinduism's Krishna? I sure don't, just as I don't find it necessary to excuse my disbelief in the god of Abraham. Your god is hardly any better than any of the others. In fact, considering some of the dastardly things he is said to have done, I'd put him below some of the others.
One Headline. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VML0viqY17k
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audacity wrote:

But isn't this what finding the truth is all about, to find it so as to avoid being condemned to hell?
First of all, what is there to say about it? Contemporarily, either one proposes that its a result of the Big bang, or one contends it's god's wish. After that, what? The topic is dead. Secondly, it's irrelevant to the issue here, and I don't want to take the thread of track.
Not at all. Here's a resource more to your liking.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audacity wrote:

One Headline. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VML0viqY17k
AND . . . . . . . . . . . ?