Is God in Hell

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is God in Hell

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

God sends no one to hell, people go their because they choose to.
They reject Him and as such "close" themselves off to God.

Again, that is my view, your milage may vary...
Nope, as a matter of fact our mileage here is great ! :D

By the way:
Isn't the absence of God what there was before the big bang ?

No, there was never a time when God wasn't.
God is always "there" but "there" isn't a specific location.
God is not in the hearts of those that reject Him BUT that doesn't mean He isn't "there", know what I mean?
Maybe you need to explain to me what you mean by God being "somewhere".
yeah, this was clumsily said by me for sure .. let me try again ... 1st ... I believe God is, was and always will be ... :good:

Also, I believe God is not of, contained within, our universe. He is outside of our universe. Before there was anything, there was a ? what ? something/somewhere eg; space of some unknown description that became our universe upon His command. Whatever that unknown space was is the best definition i can think of as nothing, the only something that could claim the absence of God, as that same virgin space became impregnated with the stuff of the universe we know today... hence the big bang reference... my best definition for nothing = whatever was before the creation of our universe.

But every last bit of it under the guidance of the Triune God ...but, can there any guidance, even for hell if there is absolute absence. Complete absence of God simply isn't possible, or, I don't see how it could be. Nothing, not even the gates of hell could prevail against or exist within the absence of God. Torture enough to know He is there but all you get is His wrath...

BW's bio absolutely confirms God in, at the very least as I read it at the literal gates of hell... I am most interested in his answer.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

BW's bio absolutely confirms God in, at the very least, as I read it, at? the literal gates of hell... I am most interested in his answer.
BW ... got a minute ? y:-? :wave:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
BW's bio absolutely confirms God in, at the very least, as I read it, at? the literal gates of hell... I am most interested in his answer.
BW ... got a minute ? y:-? :wave:
Yes...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

BW ... got a minute ?

Yes...
RickD wrote:
B. W.,
You've been to hell and back. Yes or no, is God present in hell?
Could you please help us with this ? Could you tell, when you experienced hell, if there was the presence of God. Is God in hell ?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Try this again ...

BW ... got a minute ?

Yes...
RickD wrote:
B. W.,
You've been to hell and back. Yes or no, is God present in hell?

Could you please help us with this ? Could you tell, when you experienced hell, if there was the presence of God. Is God in hell ?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Ooh, double post!

That oughta get his attention!
:pound:

ES,

B. W. hasn't been online since you posted to him. Give it time. I know you're not getting any younger, but he'll respond. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

The post keeps getting buried and i don't want B.W. to miss or forget. Aren't you interested in this too ? :wave:

I'll bet the answer is interesting, more so than we expect. y*-:)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:The post keeps getting buried and i don't want B.W. to miss or forget. Aren't you interested in this too ? :wave:

Of course I'm interested, I asked him!

Although I think I know the answer, because I read the book. But I'm not going to spoil it for the rest of you.

Besides, I like hearing B. W. talk about it.

Did I tell you it was one of the best books I've ever read?
The imagery that the book put in my mind, was nothing short of amazing.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

I read his stuff and saw a video of his on the internet ... i really have to get the book ... it was an awesome trip. Scary as all get out but awesome ...
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:I read his stuff and saw a video of his on the internet ... i really have to get the book ... it was an awesome trip. Scary as all get out but awesome ...
I know what he'll say too :wave:

ES... I have his book, I can send it to you if you like y>:D<
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:
EssentialSacrifice wrote:I read his stuff and saw a video of his on the internet ... i really have to get the book ... it was an awesome trip. Scary as all get out but awesome ...
I know what he'll say too :wave:

ES... I have his book, I can send it to you if you like y>:D<
Get it from B. W. If he likes you, he'll send you an autographed copy.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:The post keeps getting buried and i don't want B.W. to miss or forget. Aren't you interested in this too ? :wave:

Haven't forget, just getting over a bad cold and cough.

I'll post a revised answer I gave Annette in a PM on the same question as you:

Question: Could you please help us with this ? Could you tell, when you experienced hell, if there was the presence of God. Is God in hell ?

Hard to explain - his presence of love is not there but the separation from it is felt and makes known what a person freely chose instead of his love. It is banishment by and from his presence of Love. Totally alone never to experience the objective reality of compassion, mercy, love, hope, goodness from and by God.

Again, it is the wrath of rejected love is there, this wrath is not like ours so we cannot equate it in logical way because it, it, enacts by what one sows they also reap in a form of self-torment on those there that I can't explain very well. I tried in the book the best way I could.

I mentioned in book and when I speak on subject - one is banished away from God's love and that a whispering abeyance of God is there revealing to those there who and what they are really like. Other than that, can't explain it any better.

People there know full well why they are there. The true them was completely revealed and all reasons why and what for reveled while compared to who God is and what he did for them.

At the time, for me, it was like I just mentioned above - never to experience the objective reality of compassion, mercy, love, hope, goodness again, and I can’t express the feeling in words, other than it was a reflection of what I produced in those around me with my then atheists ideas and live for the now gusto and all silly justifications I lived by.

I thought I was living a good life but instead, I produced in people in various ways: no hope, no trust, no mercy, no grace, no love, no goodness unless there was my strings attached to feed me but then again, I symbolically strangled folks with my strings. I see this is people today, desiring to take away hope, joy, compassion, godly dignity, faith, etc and etc from people thinking they are doing a noble good in doing so. They do not realize the extent of what they are really doing, blind to it all.

Take a look at Isaiah 59:2 and notice that our iniquities separate us from God and sins keep him far from us. That is in this life, so is God still here seeing all we do and hear all we say and think? Yes...only in this life can we call out to him to surrender and become his own.

However, in the afterlife in hell, one's sin nature is sealed forever to a person and thus one's iniquities separate one from God and one's sins keep his presence of mercy, love, goodness, compassion, hope banished away forever and ever. God gives them over to a debased mind takes on a more profound meaning to me than most. He lets folks reap what they sown - it is what they want.

However, to experience the living God's objective reality of compassion, mercy, love, hope, goodness revealed from the message of the cross and experienced when one is born again, gets you through life most difficult times. As Christians, we get to experience this and learn of Him and recognize all the times he intervenes in this mortal life. Why anyone would desire to keep all their strings is so foreign to me now that all I like to do is cut them free.

I have an eternal perspective: this mortal life is thankfully temporary and designed for us to grow into the one to come which is far more real than this one.

Here is a poem I wrote about heaven I would like to close out on... so forgive me of the mushy stuff here.

Heaven is my home now
One day I long to reach
To walk again in the trees
That meadow land,
Where tears all wiped clean

Golden roads, streams flow
Grand estates, music, company
Taking care as designed to be
Learning there what,
We missed while earthbound

The fragrance of those flowers
Animals all splendidly pure
A grand city being prepared
Oh the banquet table,
In the great hall

Heaven is my home now
Thru the gate chiseled by nails
That I drove in his wrist and feet
He forgiven me of this,
And I deserved it not

Now into the land
Of His Liquid love
O long to go but
Must wait till his,
Task assigned I complete

Bryan W Melvin or B. W. to you all!

Blessings!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

That is a truly beautiful poem B.W. Thank you for sharing it xxxx
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

B.W. thank you very much for your response. In digging I found this older post of yours and I hope it's ok to advise any and all to read if you haven't already ... simply amazing. I need time to ingest ... will absolutely be back with Q's.

thanks again

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 6&start=30

ps: Mallz ... great questions in this post ... very reporter-esque :) thanks for getting so may balls rolling.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:B.W. thank you very much for your response. In digging I found this older post of yours and I hope it's ok to advise any and all to read if you haven't already ... simply amazing. I need time to ingest ... will absolutely be back with Q's.

thanks again

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 6&start=30

ps: Mallz ... great questions in this post ... very reporter-esque :) thanks for getting so may balls rolling.
Thanks for the link back to the old thread...

So folks can review it if they haven't already done so.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: