Manna

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
stuartcr
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Manna

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:Am I supposed to answer anything?
anything you wish anything you will ... freely.

By the way, how are those definitions I asked you for coming along? ... ?
I have no idea what you mean

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:42 am - a couple threads back. I think one of the reasons I have difficulty answering some of your questions, is that you use terms I am not familiar with. That is the reason for the definitions.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

stuartcr wrote:
1over137 wrote:It is not our choice? It is the way we are?
You mean the need to have relationship?
No, the choice to live (a) the life that God knows we will live.
Are we or are we not then responsible for our choices?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

EssentialSacrifice stuartcr wrote:
Am I supposed to answer anything?

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:42 am - a couple threads back.

Nothing in that thread, of my posting, needs definition ( and no definitions were requested ) more than my original answer.
There were no terms unfamiliar there, were there ?

I have difficulty answering some of your questions, is that you use terms I am not familiar with.
Perhaps I can be of help ... what terms, in which post are you most concerned with their familiarity ?

That is the reason for the definitions.
I understand your quest, perhaps now you understand my consternation for your inability in regards to questions needing answered by simple definition.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

1over137 wrote:
stuartcr wrote:
As humans we must believe we are, but wrt the big picture, I personally do not believe we are. The concept of free will is necessary for humans to create functioning societies. I think God controls everything, even what we believe are our personal choices.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

stuartcr wrote:
1over137 wrote:
stuartcr wrote:
As humans we must believe we are, but wrt the big picture, I personally do not believe we are. The concept of free will is necessary for humans to create functioning societies. I think God controls everything, even what we believe are our personal choices.
Strange.

Proverbs 6:16-17 ESV
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

God choosing for us to lie when he hates lie?

Strange.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

1over137 wrote:
stuartcr wrote:
1over137 wrote:
stuartcr wrote:
Strange.

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Strange.
To some, yes
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice stuartcr wrote:
Am I supposed to answer anything?

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:42 am - a couple threads back.

Nothing in that thread, of my posting, needs definition ( and no definitions were requested ) more than my original answer.
There were no terms unfamiliar there, were there ?

I have difficulty answering some of your questions, is that you use terms I am not familiar with.
Perhaps I can be of help ... what terms, in which post are you most concerned with their familiarity ?

That is the reason for the definitions.
I understand your quest, perhaps now you understand my consternation for your inability in regards to questions needing answered by simple definition.
Of course, to you nothing you said needs definition. I'm not you. I would like definitions so I can understand.

Maybe it's because I'm not a Christian, that is the reason for my not understanding. I have no idea what a commitment to faith even means. If I were to say I wanted to make a commitment to faith, what would you suggest I do. Maybe that will help me understand you better.

What, to you, is a relationship with God?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Of course, to you nothing you said needs definition. I'm not you. I would like definitions so I can understand.
In other words… what terms needs defined ? I really found nothing in the post you ascribe the definition requests. Surely not “free will” … you seem to have your thoughts defined there … you'll need to be more specific …

I would like definitions so I can understand. As I've also said, in so many words.. many times ... welcome to my world...

Maybe it's because I'm not a Christian, That's not it … that is the reason for my not understanding. No, that's not it … I have no idea what a commitment to faith even means. That's not even it … If I were to say I wanted to make a commitment to faith, what would you suggest I do. This is it: Understand who you are committing that faith too. Maybe that will help me understand you Him … better.

What, to you, is a relationship with God? Acknowledgement
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:Of course, to you nothing you said needs definition. I'm not you. I would like definitions so I can understand.
In other words… what terms needs defined ? I really found nothing in the post you ascribe the definition requests. Surely not “free will” … you seem to have your thoughts defined there … you'll need to be more specific …

I would like definitions so I can understand. As I've also said, in so many words.. many times ... welcome to my world...

Maybe it's because I'm not a Christian, That's not it … that is the reason for my not understanding. No, that's not it … I have no idea what a commitment to faith even means. That's not even it … If I were to say I wanted to make a commitment to faith, what would you suggest I do. This is it: Understand who you are committing that faith too. Maybe that will help me understand you Him … better.

What, to you, is a relationship with God? Acknowledgement
I'm asking what a commitment to faith is. I cannot put it any simpler.

By acknowledgement, do you mean a relationship with God is to acknowledge He exists?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

stuartcr?

Who, or what, is God to you?
What are your thoughts about Christ?

For a long time I believed in God but struggled to define how. I had always believed there was "something" rather than just pure chance. I struggled with the little I knew of Scripture yet the resurrection never posed a problem. A book that really helped me grasp God was Beyond Belief by Philip Meadows.

I started praying and just talking to God, all on the off chance it might just work. I think that's how my faith developed. I used to think how can you have a personal relationship with someone/something you can't see, or hear, or touch. But you can feel it, well I did anyway.

I do think each of us finds our own way to God and our own, personal relationship with Him, and it's as real as those between two people.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

stuartcr wrote:
1over137 wrote: Strange.

Strange.
To some, yes
Yes, because it does not make sense.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

Storyteller wrote:stuartcr?

For a long time I believed in God but struggled to define how. I had always believed there was "something" rather than just pure chance. I struggled with the little I knew of Scripture yet the resurrection never posed a problem. A book that really helped me grasp God was Beyond Belief by Philip Meadows.

I started praying and just talking to God, all on the off chance it might just work. I think that's how my faith developed. I used to think how can you have a personal relationship with someone/something you can't see, or hear, or touch. But you can feel it, well I did anyway.

I do think each of us finds our own way to God and our own, personal relationship with Him, and it's as real as those between two people.
God to me, basically, is the one who hears me when I do not speak aloud, the one that makes me feel, and the one that made me who I am.

I have never really had any thoughts about Christ.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

1over137 wrote:
stuartcr wrote:

Strange.
To some, yes
I do not try to make sense of God or what He does or doesn't do.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

stuartcr wrote:
Storyteller wrote:stuartcr?

God to me, basically, is the one who hears me when I do not speak aloud, the one that makes me feel, and the one that made me who I am.

I have never really had any thoughts about Christ.
Do you want a relationship, a personal relationship, with God?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

stuartcr wrote:
1over137 wrote:
stuartcr wrote:

Strange.
To some, yes
I do not try to make sense of God or what He does or doesn't do.
Why not? Do you trust God?