Song of Solomon

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Song of Solomon

Post by Nessa »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa,

I just read over this thread, and I don't think you look like a dumbass. You look like someone interested in learning. Hopefully, that's at least part of the reason why all of us are here. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Nessa,

I just read over this thread, and I don't think you look like a dumbass. You look like someone interested in learning. Hopefully, that's at least part of the reason why all of us are here. :D
"There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question."

Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the dark
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The reason marriage is sometimes used as an analogy for the relationship between Christ and the body of Christ on earth ( the church, which is ALL believers) is because marriage was the first "institution" given to man by God ( Adam and Eve) and the most holy and also because, like marriage we are to be fruitful and multiply ( the church) and because it s a relationship that NO ONE can divide.
Like a marriage, it is for life, NOT to be entered into lightly and like a marriage, it is to be mutually fulfilling, mutually sustaining, be grounded in love and the people involved are to become one.