Why the Bible is true... (Revised June 2015)

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Why the Bible is true...

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:The will of the Father is to believe and listen to His Son.
John 6:40
In reference to:
D220 wrote:Faith is trust, to trust Christ, you must know him, you know Christ by doing the will of the father, so you do God's will no matter what, even if it risks your life.
is a little tautologous, right?
I agree and like I have said time and again, if someone has heard Christ's message and rejects it then they were never saved.
I thought that's kind of what you were changing your opinion on. :lol:

But, anyway, I'm sure we'll clash again sometime on this. :)
I am probably wrong, sometimes I just don't get things, that's why I try to live by faith alone, because I just don't understand it all and probably never will.

y=P~
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote:And, let's be clear: ANYONE reading this forum is aware of the basic, crucial words of the Gospel, as I would say virtually is anyone in the media-connected, Internet-using world. So whatever possibilities the Lord might allow for people in some remote, isolated hut, say, in some jungle in Borneo (where, by the way, there are many Christians), and places where they've never heard the Gospel and have no current way of hearing it, for whom discuss here, on this forum, and across the connected world, ARE very aware of the Gospel and Jesus. It's just that they either deny or avoid it the details (which are both rejections of God). And, so, for our purposes here, there is no excuse of ignorance, as they have all the opportunity to understand the Gospel, whether we're speaking of Audie or anyone else.
Well...
I don't think it is as simple is saying that only the truly ignorant of the gospel are excused.
We need to address the issue of those that also follow a "false gospel" and are convinced they are following Christ ( Jw's for example) or those that have been exposed to Christ in a way that drives them from Christ ( think westboro baptists).

That is why it is crucial for NONE of us to ever think that WE know who is or isn't saved and why the bible is clear that ONLY God decides.
Only God knows what is in the heart of those that believe in Him and those that don't.
Please note that I am not addressing the issue of those that REJECT Christ AND actively pursue others to do so, those people have no one to blame for what may happen to them than themselves.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:The will of the Father is to believe and listen to His Son.
In reference to:
D220 wrote:Faith is trust, to trust Christ, you must know him, you know Christ by doing the will of the father, so you do God's will no matter what, even if it risks your life.
I agree and like I have said time and again, if someone has heard Christ's message and rejects it then they were never saved.
But have they heard CHRIST's message or what man has made of it?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
In reference to:
But have they heard CHRIST's message or what man has made of it?

Good point Paul, that is why my position is that I think everyone who desires Christ will be drawn to him and only God's knows who they are. They could be people of other faith's, they could be people of no faith, who knows really, all we can do is spread the good news and hope that people come to know who the Christ is.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.