Bloody Bride Groom.

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Bloody Bride Groom.

Post by Gman »

PaulSacramento wrote:You know that was NOT my point.
My point was to not use "proof texting" because it doesn't work.
Then why are you using proof texting to counter my scripture?
PaulSacramento wrote:As for the bible, it has and always will be one of God's many tools.
Do you believe that no one can know God EXCEPT though the bible?
How do you explain all those that have found God OUTSIDE of the bible?
Let's see what the Bible has to say about this..

Romans 2:12-16 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

So yes, people can know the things of G-d without a Bible... But now that we have our Bibles and read them hopefully.. But if you don't think we need them what's the point?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Gman wrote:
I believe I've stated this before, if you want to worship G-d in your own way then please go ahead. Some say it's Friday, some Tuesday, some Sunday.. So just choose anything or nothing at all. I for one can't live that way anymore because I've already got enough static in my life..
Fair enough G, I have no issue with people wanting to follow God's laws as closely as possible, I think it is admirable. y>:D<
Ok, but be aware, don't think I've got it all down.. But my life is finally changing for the better.. I'm actually getting some peace in my life. I actually look forward to the Sabbaths now because I know what I'm going to do. Designate a day of the week where I can corporately be with family and friends and with G-d, well hopefully anyways.

And no cell phones either...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Gman wrote:
I believe I've stated this before, if you want to worship G-d in your own way then please go ahead. Some say it's Friday, some Tuesday, some Sunday.. So just choose anything or nothing at all. I for one can't live that way anymore because I've already got enough static in my life..
Fair enough G, I have no issue with people wanting to follow God's laws as closely as possible, I think it is admirable. y>:D<
Ok, but be aware, don't think I've got it all down.. But my life is finally changing for the better.. I'm actually getting some peace in my life. I actually look forward to the Sabbaths now because I know what I'm going to do. Designate a day of the week where I can corporately be with family and friends and with G-d, well hopefully anyways.

I broke my cell the other day and was without it for a day, best day of my life, felt so free from the pressure of chronos time. I think having a sabbath is a great idea, might start switching off the mobile on Sundays.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
I broke my cell the other day and was without it for a day, best day of my life, felt so free from the pressure of chronos time. I think having a sabbath is a great idea, might start switching off the mobile on Sundays.
Or if you want to worship on the Biblical Sabbath or Saturday, you can do that too. ;)

And see what true freedom is.. If this is legalism, I want more.. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQVLsvZcr34[/youtube]

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Gman wrote:

I am also trying to make Sunday my special day.

Hm, it would be Saturday if Friday was not working day :shock:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
Or if you want to worship on the Biblical Sabbath or Saturday, you can do that too.
G,

Just curious...would you have a problem if someone wanted to perform a "biblical" sacrifice of a lamb on occasion to show his love for God?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Gman wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:You know that was NOT my point.
My point was to not use "proof texting" because it doesn't work.
Then why are you using proof texting to counter my scripture?
PaulSacramento wrote:As for the bible, it has and always will be one of God's many tools.
Do you believe that no one can know God EXCEPT though the bible?
How do you explain all those that have found God OUTSIDE of the bible?
Let's see what the Bible has to say about this..

Romans 2:12-16 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

So yes, people can know the things of G-d without a Bible... But now that we have our Bibles and read them hopefully.. But if you don't think we need them what's the point?
Me counter your text with a text is my point about "proof texting".

Do I think we need the bible?
Yes of course, 100%.
I read it almost every day.
It should never take the place of Christ and the HS in Us of course.
The bible is and always will be the number 1 tool that points to Christ.
That said, it's place as number 1 tool may at times fluctuate with other things.
I came to Christ NOT by the bible, but by something else.
As have others that I have known.
After coming to Christ the bible has been indispensable to me.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

In regards to the Sabbath, the bible states that we are to work 6 days and rest on the 7th.
Doesn't state WHAT day per say.
Some points are made here:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Saturday-Sunday.html
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Gman wrote:

I am happy that you feel this way. :) What is your usual routine of sabbaths?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:In regards to the Sabbath, the bible states that we are to work 6 days and rest on the 7th.
Talk about proof texting! y#-o :lol:

Paul,

Where does the bible say "we" are supposed to work 6 days and rest one day?

Romans 14:5
One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

PaulSacramento wrote:In regards to the Sabbath, the bible states that we are to work 6 days and rest on the 7th.
Saturday is my sixth working day. Washing, ironing, cleaning, household stuff...
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:

Paul,

One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

OT dude, for Israel:
For you shall labour 6 days and rest the 7th.
Exodus 34, 20, Deutronomy 5
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

1over137 wrote:
Saturday is my sixth working day. Washing, ironing, cleaning, household stuff...
According to Paul and the Jerusalem council, the only thing required of gentiles was
28 “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: 29 that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.
Paul mentions that we are not to judge others based on what day they view as special or to be observed but whatever we do, to do for God.

Gentiles leaving in Israel or in a Hebrew home were expected to honor the Sabbath, but not those outside Israel.

So, while the bible does NOT command those outside of Israel to honor the Sabbath, if one so choose to do so, then they should.
What they must NOT do is to judge another that chooses NOT to.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:

Paul,

OT dude, for Israel:
For you shall labour 6 days and rest the 7th.
Exodus 34, 20, Deutronomy 5
Paul,

You said, "...the bible states that we..."
That is what this whole argument has been all along. The bible states that they (the Israelites), not we (believers) were to observe the sabbath.

From your post above this one, it seems you agree with me. I just wanted to clear it up because this is the heart of the argument.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Ah yes, the "we" part.
Yeah, I should have been more clear.