Question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Question

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:10 pm

soldiersofthecross wrote:Out of context. Please.


No, you are wrong but nothing I say will convince you. Please note that to be guaranteed of Salvation you must also:

-speak in tongues
-be a member of the Roman Catholic Church
-believe in Young Earth Creationism
-not sin again
-know that you are a member of the Ten Lost Tribes
-heal people by the laying on of hands
-be bitten by venomous snakes and live to tell about it
-be smitten in the Spirit, fall flat on your back and twitch.

y:-? I'm certainly forgetting some criteria...a little help would be appreciated...

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
UsagiTsukino
Established Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Question

Postby UsagiTsukino » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:09 pm

So I guess ever Disney Animated Movie and Mickey Mouse movie should be banned? IS that what some of you are saying?

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3334
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Contact:

Re: Question

Postby neo-x » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Soldiersofcross, I think you need to understand the character of God. Proof texting verses is just systematic theology at work, its not a good model to study scriptures. I suggest you take some time and meditate on this. It is not a question of osas or losing salvation, I think your point of view depicts how you see God and how you really read the Bible and see god through it. May I suggest that you try the opposite. See christ, who i am sure has value and is of utmost importance in your life, why can't god watch a movie with me? Well because God simply doesn't do that. The same way he doesn't read news or drive to work. Does driving to work benefit you spiritually? No. Would god ever drive a harley Davidson? This is just you imagining god too much in your own terms and human structure of thought. God is not the same as us, period. Stop drawing such comparisons because they will ultimately paint a god for you who is just like you. He thinks like you and will react like you, and that my friend, leads to fear and insecurity. Believe me, I have been on the road that you are on.

If you understand the depth of tbe love of Christ and how he saved us when we were already sinners, you may see that it is out of that love that that our salvation is paid for. The price of Our salvation is not paid by our obedience or performance, it was done by Christ's obedience to his father, precisely because we can't perform right all the time. Please see that you have to put that lens of love of God and then read the bible, not the other way around. I am sure people can leave god when they want, but does god leave us too? I don't think so. I think he loves us and wants us to not go into the slavery of sin. Ultimately god is neither a accountant nor a lawyer who is looking for faults in you to pin it on you should you ever make the slightest error. I am sure Christians who sin get a bit of 'trimming' from the gardner, our heavenly father Sometimes and that's fine. But I don't think god is so prone to anger or behaves like we would, i think he is too wise, so that he knows, we err, we sin, that is why he entrusted the work of salvation in christ and not good men, who would never sin again because that is impossible , so that we might not lose salvation. Because you are right you can lose your salvation when you are trying to get it by your obedience, yes you can lose it. But if you trust Christ, you will see that there is nothing to fear, for his obedience is complete and wholly.

From one sinner to another, I hope you see the sense of it. God loves you regardless of your performance.
People treat facts as relevant more when the facts tend to support their opinions. When the facts are against their opinions, they don't necessarily deny the facts, but they say the facts are less relevant or insignificant. This is ofcourse because believing things that make you feel comfortable, takes a priority. And I think that should not be the case if one is after truth.

http://johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Question

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:32 pm

UsagiTsukino wrote:So I guess ever Disney Animated Movie and Mickey Mouse movie should be banned? IS that what some of you are saying?


No. No one is saying that.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
soldiersofthecross
Acquainted Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:44 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Question

Postby soldiersofthecross » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Wait. Is this a Roman Catholic website of some kind?

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Question

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:39 pm

soldiersofthecross wrote:Wait. Is this a Roman Catholic website of some kind?


No. But to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC. Also, I hope you read the KJV only because if you don't, you've forfeited your salvation.

FL y[-o<
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18769
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Question

Postby RickD » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
soldiersofthecross wrote:Wait. Is this a Roman Catholic website of some kind?


No. But to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC. Also, I hope you read the KJV only because if you don't, you've forfeited your salvation.

FL y[-o<

y#-o
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5729
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY

Re: Question

Postby Byblos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:12 am

soldiersofthecross wrote:Wait. Is this a Roman Catholic website of some kind?


:pound: :pound: :pound: I could almost hear the desperation tone.

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:No. But to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC.


Not true. The claim is that one is closer to the fullness of the truth, but no definitive pronouncement is made on one's slavific status. Otherwise we'd believe in absolute assurance. :D
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Question

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Byblos wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:... to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC.


Not true. The claim is that one is closer to the fullness of the truth, but no definitive pronouncement is made on one's slavific status. Otherwise we'd believe in absolute assurance. :D


Hello? I was attempting to be funny :D which is why I also posted this earlier:

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
soldiersofthecross wrote:Out of context. Please.


No, you are wrong but nothing I say will convince you. Please note that to be guaranteed of Salvation you must also:

-speak in tongues
-be a member of the Roman Catholic Church
-believe in Young Earth Creationism
-not sin again
-know that you are a member of the Ten Lost Tribes
-heal people by the laying on of hands
-be bitten by venomous snakes and live to tell about it
-be smitten in the Spirit, fall flat on your back and twitch.

y:-? I'm certainly forgetting some criteria...a little help would be appreciated...

FL


FL 8-}2
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
Gman
Old School
Posts: 6081
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 10:36 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Northern California

Re: Question

Postby Gman » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:-be smitten in the Spirit, fall flat on your back and twitch.

y:-? I'm certainly forgetting some criteria...a little help would be appreciated...

FL


I did a somersault the other day... Does that count? :mrgreen:

Image
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8

User avatar
PeteSinCA
Valued Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: Question

Postby PeteSinCA » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 am

:D :shock: Can anything good come from Canuckia? :shock: :D

Some Christians isolate themselves from showing the Gospel in the world by retreating to monasteries or Amish-style enclaves. Others by avoiding "wrong" things and people. For example, which brings the Gospel better to bar prostitutes? Setting up a chapel outside of the red light district (avoiding that evil area) and hoping they will wander in? Or going into the bars, getting to know them and letting them see a little of Jesus love? Obviously, the latter is something that would be best done when called to do so by God, with prayer, etc., but seeing and receiving real love may lower some walls. Eschewing "such places and people" just builds the walls higher.
Soapy Pete's Box

So I'll stand // With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One Who gave it all - The Stand, Hillsong United

"To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give.
To show us the reason to live."
"We Are the Reason" by David Meece

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
'Cause I've got a Mansion Builder
Who ain't through with me yet" - 2nd Chapter of Acts

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Question

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Thread resurrection!
Usagani, I think it's ok in itself.
*I'm not sure if she is still here. She seems inactive. Would be nice to chat sometime hehe.


Return to “The Bible and Scripture”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests