Ecclesiastes 3:11

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Deborah
Christian: No

Ecclesiastes 3:11

Post by Deborah »

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in His time; also He has set eternity in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God makes from the beginning to the end.

this is a very interesting scripture.
but it sounds like God has not intention of letting us in on his secret lol
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

Time is in God. We cannot grasp the concept of the end of time - That is eternity. The answer for us is that when we try to see the beginning, we see God. When we try to see the end, we see God again!

Revelation 1:8
Maranatha!
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

RGeeB wrote:Time is in God. We cannot grasp the concept of the end of time - That is eternity. The answer for us is that when we try to see the beginning, we see God. When we try to see the end, we see God again!
Interesting... I always thought that God was outside of time...not time in God...

I think the end of time is exactly that. It ends, but afterwards there is no time...most easily described by eternity. So we'll exist forever, but not neccessarily in time, if it ends.

Just some ponderings. I may have to think more about it later, but it makes more sense to me to think that God just created time and we're in that time, for now.
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

hermitville101 wrote:
RGeeB wrote:Time is in God. We cannot grasp the concept of the end of time - That is eternity. The answer for us is that when we try to see the beginning, we see God. When we try to see the end, we see God again!
Interesting... I always thought that God was outside of time...not time in God...
God is from everlasting to everlasting and He knows the future and the past. The reason I believe that God is not outside of time is simple - He cannot undo what has happened in the past.
Maranatha!
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

How do you know He can't? You just limited God's sovereignty which would make Him not God in my opinion since I define God to be all-powerful. Not to mention if He did change the past you would never know.
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

I forgot to mention one other thing: God is perfect. Therefore He would never need to change the past; He never screws up. :)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

hermitville101 wrote:How do you know He can't? You just limited God's sovereignty which would make Him not God in my opinion since I define God to be all-powerful. Not to mention if He did change the past you would never know.
Have you ever heard this argument from an Atheist. Can God make a Rock so big he cannot pick it up?
You have submitted the same type of question. Logically God cannot turn time back because time is always moving forward!

TY
Tim
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

Have you ever thought that perhaps God was/is outside of time and can do whatever He wants since He is GOD!!! God = all-powerful = do whatever He wants. Otherwise He would be like God-- (minus minus) and then He would just suck.

Also, how do you know that time is only moving forward?

God had to create this universe and everything in it. That would necessarily include both space and time. Everything we have came from God, again, including space and time.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

hermitville101 wrote:Have you ever thought that perhaps God was/is outside of time and can do whatever He wants since He is GOD!!! God = all-powerful = do whatever He wants. Otherwise He would be like God-- (minus minus) and then He would just suck.

Also, how do you know that time is only moving forward?

God had to create this universe and everything in it. That would necessarily include both space and time. Everything we have came from God, again, including space and time.
However Hermitville God cannot go against his own Nature. It is like this. God is Good can he be Evil? No of course he can't.

Have you ever seen Time Go Backwards?

I guess that is just my opinion.
Tim
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

No, God isn't evil. I don't see the point though.

No, I've never seen time go backwards but that doesn't mean it can't. As stated before God is also perfect and would never need to change anything or make time go backwards.

...come to think of it I didn't see it but....well the sun went backwards or something...lemme see if I can find a reference. :)

In any case bounding God by time limits Him... I don't see how you can do that and still call Him God.
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

2 Kings 20:9 or thereabouts. :) Not really time going backwards, but still pretty cool stuff.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

was that Time or just the Shadow/Sun?
How about Joshua 10:13. However we don't know if Time kept going... Or did the Sun or Shadow become a Miracle of God?
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

Just the Sun I think... <shrug> It was just an interesting point that came to mind. Same in Joshua... I think. It was something crazy weird since it takes a really really really large amount of force to stop the rotation of the earth and stuff... :)

I think someone else had a bit of a post that's relevant. Hopefully this link works: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... .php?t=300
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

hermitville101 wrote:Just the Sun I think... <shrug> It was just an interesting point that came to mind. Same in Joshua... I think. It was something crazy weird since it takes a really really really large amount of force to stop the rotation of the earth and stuff... :)

I think someone else had a bit of a post that's relevant. Hopefully this link works: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... .php?t=300
I don't think that is the link you were looking for :?: :? but in any case thanks. WOW does time go backwards what a question!

Tim
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

The link works for me, but sometimes...<shrug>
The topic deals with omnipresence but also mentions time a bit. And then there is a link which looked interesting and good, but I haven't had time to read.