The Fall and Maya

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

The Fall and Maya

Post by twinc »

what is the Fall really about - twinc
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Fall and Maya

Post by BavarianWheels »

Really Twinc?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:what is the Fall really about - twinc
The fall is about nice cool weather. Falling leaves, etc.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote:
twinc wrote:what is the Fall really about - twinc
The fall is about nice cool weather. Falling leaves, etc.
Next to winter, fall is my favorite season with spring next to last and summer bringing up the rear.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I have an oak tree in my from yard and some japanese maples, they look awesome in Autumn ( fall??, silly Americans :ebiggrin: ), reds, yellow, orange and brown.

I am home - Dan
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Twinc, when you mentioned the fall and Maya, you must be talking about the southern hemisphere. Because in the northern hemisphere, it's the fall and octobera
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

I've heard good thoughts linking heaven and nirvana, continual genesis in a sea of nirvana for example, but can't say I've heard much connecting maya with the fall.

If you've got something to say I'm all ears.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I have an oak tree in my from yard and some japanese maples, they look awesome in Autumn ( fall??, silly Americans :ebiggrin: ), reds, yellow, orange and brown.

I am home - Dan
What happens to the leaves in autumn Dan? Say it with me now: They falllllllllll! :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Proinsias wrote:I've heard good thoughts linking heaven and nirvana, continual genesis in a sea of nirvana for example, but can't say I've heard much connecting maya with the fall.

Thanks a lot Pron, now twinc is really gonna tell us what's on his mind not.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

Byblos wrote:
Proinsias wrote:I've heard good thoughts linking heaven and nirvana, continual genesis in a sea of nirvana for example, but can't say I've heard much connecting maya with the fall.

Thanks a lot Pron, now twinc is really gonna tell us what's on his mind not.
sure - but wait a short while as I am taking a break today to rest and recharge - twinc
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

imho The Fall and Maya say the same thing but neither is fully or correctly understood - would anyone on this forum care or dare to enlighten us or merely hang about to mock and sneer and jeer but hopefully stay to pray and come home - twinc
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

The linking of the fall and maya seems to be your idea, at least as far as this forum goes, and as such you would appear to be best person to flesh out the notion.

Just to check we are talking about the fall in relation to the actions of Adam & Eve and their subsequent impact on the rest of humanity, and the Hindu/Buddhist idea of maya as the grand play or illusion?
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

Proinsias wrote:The linking of the fall and maya seems to be your idea, at least as far as this forum goes, and as such you would appear to be best person to flesh out the notion.

Just to check we are talking about the fall in relation to the actions of Adam & Eve and their subsequent impact on the rest of humanity, and the Hindu/Buddhist idea of maya as the grand play or illusion?
you have refined it and defined it better than I might have - perhaps we may later address what an idea is etc - twinc
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

Thanks, I'm still not seeing the link though. Are you suggesting there was physical/material existence devoid of maya prior to the fall?

It's certainly a theory which would have to, as you say, come up with novel definitions for maya and the fall.