Bible copyrights

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.

What Holy Bible do you read?

Pre-Vatican 2 Douay-Rheims
20%
Post Vatican 2 Catholic Bible revision
No votes
Original King James
60%
King James "revision"
No votes
Jehovah's Witness, New Age & pseudo Christian
No votes
Other, please specify
20%

Total votes: 5

Anonymous

Bible copyrights

Post by Anonymous »

Who published and owns the copyright of your bible?
I now read a pre-Vatican 2 Douay-Rheims Bible translated from the original Latin Vulgate.

Genesis 3:15
3:15. I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Does your bible use the word "capstone" instead of cornerstone?
Please list your bible's publisher and copyright owner.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I'm not so much a fan of the Vulgate, personally. I wish I had my translation comparison chart on hand, but I don't. Anyway, at the moment, I study from by NASB '95 update (next to interlinear, it's the strictest formal equivalent out there)--published by Zondervan and preach out of my NIV, also published by Zondervan. Hopefully, I can shelf that one here in the next few weeks. I'll be getting a thinline ESV to preach from--an outstanding formal equivalent that lends itself much better to public reading that the NASB.

Just to be sure, I also check these against the:
  • Analytical-Literal Translation of the New Testament of the Holy Bible. Copyright (c) 1999-2001 by Gary F. Zeolla

Contemporary English Version © 1995 by American Bible Society

1899 Douay-Rheims Bible (no copyright info)

International Standard Version v1.2.2; Copyright © 1996-2001 The ISV Foundation

Literal Translation of the Holy Bible, copyright © 1976-2000 by Jay P. Green, Sr.

Modern King James Version, copyright © 1962-1998 by Jay P. Green, Sr
All these are on my computer via e-sword. One of these days, when I get through Greek IV, I'll get a Greek NT, but that won't be for a few years. *shrug*

I like my NASB, though :D