Enoch and Atlantis (just hear me out)

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Enoch and Atlantis (just hear me out)

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:I think Otoh Gunga is an exact recreation of Atlantis.
So Jar Jar Binks destroyed Atlantis? Explains a lot.
Littlefinger
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Enoch and Atlantis (just hear me out)

Post by Littlefinger »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:It's possible. You're not the only one to consider this, the similarities are interesting.
From what I've read, the Egyptians said this happened 9000 years before Plato's time, so about 12000 years ago. Now Atlantis was supposed to have sunk due to an earthquake, and it was this time when the last glacial period was ending. If Atlantis was real, could the ice age have to do anything with it's doom? Like rising waters or anything?
There's others that think it was destroyed in the flood, and for those who think the flood was regional, Atlantis would be in the Near East so it's perfectly possible it was.

Genesis 4:17 speaks of the City of Enoch and yes Plato wrote about Atlantis around 360 BC, but most sources I have read suggest Atlantis was quite a bit sooner than 12000 years ago including a few which claim it was destroyed during the flood as you say or disappeared around 1600 BC. So those timelines would make it far closer to a timeline the city of Enoch could be in.