Is Jesus a Liar? Is GOD the Father of Lies?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Anonymous

Is Jesus a Liar? Is GOD the Father of Lies?

Post by Anonymous »

I hope the title doesn't offend you but I figured the headline would get some attention and maybe encourage some answers. :oops:

I've witnessed an evil that is persistent and has gone un-punished for a very long time while I have done many good and great things only to suffer at the hands of evil. So... :cry:
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Could there be no greater lie in the bible?
In life the opposite is actually true.

After years of study of the bible I'm convinced that with all the confusion and missunderstanding that maybe God just played a bad joke on His creation. In church I was asked why a loving God would treat his children with such disregard. And I honestly couldn't answer.

A God who knows every hair on your head and not even a sparrow will fall without His notice, spoke all things into existence, claims to be the most high, yet; If you want to find the sick, the poor, the beaten, the desperate, and the general suffered, you simply go to church.

I'd be inpressed with any answer that did not follow the rehearsed cliché.
In Gods Time, In Gods way. Gods teaching lessons. God wants you humble. God says revenge is His. Its old, Its warn out, Its not true.

Jared.
P.S. I'm not Anti-God
I do love Jesus, I just no longer trust Him. I despise cowards and cheats more than anything. Gods behavior is Cowardly.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Life was never meant to be fair, or happy, or good. You will recieve reward and punishment based on your faith and repentance. Those that have caused suffering will regret it, and those that suffered will be rewarded. Your stance seems to... humanist. Humanists don't live in this world, or any known world. They expect perfection in a creation that was never perfect. God can drop a meteor on this planet and I wouldn't feel any negativity towards Him at all. Why? Because it is Him who decrees what shall pass. I don't really care for mortal definitions of right and wrong anymore. Too many Christians fall in faith because THEY don't like all the temporary pain and suffering. Life is a test. Different people are tested in different ways. You are wrong to say evil goes unpunished. Just because it is not punished here does not mean it is not punished. This world is nothing compared to the next.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Firstly, I'd like to draw your attention to the following writing, which I believe is relevant to this, specifically the "Refinement Through Suffering" portion. Secondly, what on earth gave you the idea that everything is always meant to be fair in this life? Now if this life was it, then perhaps this verse would be false. Yet, is that the Christian belief—that this life is all there is?

Additionally, it could be argued that "in general," people really do reap what they sow. I also find it significant you focus on the good you do, yet ignore the bad. If we were all to be judged on works alone, the Christian message is that we would all stand condemned before God.

Also, if you place your life in Christ's hands giving it to Christ, then what makes you think He is obliged "to give you" a pleasurable life in this world? Such is to misunderstand the purpose of this world (something touched on in the article above). As C.S. Lewis said, "What do people mean when they say, “I am not afraid of God because I know He is good”? Have they never even been to a dentist?"

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

A further note is to never read a Bible verse! ;) But, more important is generally what is around it. To cite the verse in question, and just the two verses after, the intended meaning becomes more clear:
<blockquote>Galatians 6:7-9—
7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.</blockquote>Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

All wise responses

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks for your responses;

I respect each of those responses, but the one that is at risk is a christian woman who is 66 years old and her son, whom will die with AIDS, is bitter and against the world is delivering such evil to this woman that I wonder, when will he receive his just rewards. This woman is faultering in her faith, her church is full of cowards, and prayers to God are A-Typical, they get nowhere.

God who claims to know us so very well, must know that this woman will lose her soul in HELL if she doesn't repent and turn away from her new bitterness and sins. Yet prayers to the one I believe is God, yield nothing.

It will be an interesting answer to see how God has justified this suffering.

I've let my own anger and bitterness seep in and I shouldn't. I would like the ultimate outcome of this to be that each member of that family acepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior. The funny thing is that each of them had known God and had been witness to Miracles when they had no food or other things, yet they are not intelligent enough to see the need for Jesus on a daily basis. So ?????????????????????????????????

Where does one go. This forum or others like it. Prayer chains. ???
I'm a man of my word I will do what I say and promise. I'd love to see that God is one of HIS.
Jared.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Is her ordeal worse than Job's? Because I highly doubt it, and his life deals exacty with what you're talking about.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Job had faith. Also the bible said there was NONE like him. I believe the bible.

Jared.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

God was testing his faith. Job passed. Your friend is failing. God sent upon Job far more disasters than he did against your friend(unless you left out a few critical disasters). He sent a disaster proportional to his ability. Your friend doesn't need to be of Job's character to keep her faith.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That much I certainly agree. However, IF she fails, trapped in circumstance, to keep her faith, She will be held accountable. Yet there should be a provision and understanding from God to interceed and protect His own.

That has not happened.

Honestly its really easy to see why Jesus was so concerned about the condition of the worlds faith when He stated "will the son of man find faith when he returns" The answer NO.

Jared.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Have you reminded her of the story? Maybe reading it again will strengthen her faith.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

First Mastermind I want to extend an appology for my frustration and anger showing through in this forum. :oops:

The situation is not just drastic its appalling.
Have you reminded her of the story? Maybe reading it again will strengthen her faith.

Unfortunately; her son has disconnected every phone except the one in his room. He filed two restraining orders against a christian pentecostal member of the church citing brainwashing of his elderly mother. You could get a restraining order against the neighbor cat if you wanted one in todays legal system. Filed another against his own sister, and anyone that opposes him. He forced his own (ignorant) brother to write bad checks for christmass shopping and his brother is now in jail for 30 days. Opposed by his sister-in-law, he called Child Protective Services and made outlandish claims which were quickly discharged by CPS who believed the claim was truly false.

Adult protection was called, however since she refuses to pursue legal action against her own dying child nothing can be done there. The justice system favors the unjust and filthy. Anyway, most everyone I've met agrees.

In addition he takes her social security check and has not paid the mortgage in 7 months. On February 11th 2005, Foreclosure will be complete and she will be homeless while he boldly plans to move in with one of his gay lovers.

I can go on and on and on.

This man has no limits to his vindictiveness. :twisted: When your dying and stand to lose nothing (at least from his point of view, obviously not considering his soul) his actions are to take as many with him has humanly possible. I personally ministered to someone who he had unprotected sex with, now infected with HIV. MANY of his multiple partners are NOT aware of him having aids. However in this state its not a crime to have unprotected sex while having AIDS unless the partner is FEMALE and then and only then is it a crime which is second degree assault a class B felony. Hows that work?

My hands are tied short of committing a felony myself. One and only one person can intercede and that is GOD.
So we wait and wonder why so many prayers in three different church prayer chains have failed. Our pentecostal church, the baptist church, and the neighbors Lutheran church.

Very frustrating

Honestly given Gods biblical character I can see his Fatherly abuse in many situations even though I don't want to believe that.

Jared.
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Hi Jared,

This is indeed a difficult situation, and I don't have all the answers for you. Does this sick person blame God for what happened to him? Also, if he does not want to accept anyones help, then there is not much more you can do. The choice is his, is it not? You said it yourself, only God can intercede, but God does not go busting down doors, he wants to be invited. The best thong the churches in this case can do is to show unconditional love to him, try to get him to understand that no-one is judging or faulting him, its just out of love that people are approaching him, and try to help those that he is destroying in this process.

I just want to add one more thing, man cannot judge God, God judges man. I would think it's not wise to measrue God by mans measure, but try to do it by Gods own measure.

I'm sorry, this is probably not contributing much to help your feelings of frustration.

God be with you.

A
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I agree, the story is apalling. However, God CANNOT interfere. He cannot change your mind for you. Free will was given for a reason. Does his mother really think she's helping him by not pressing any charges? As hard as it might be for a mother to admit her son is bad, that is the truth. Her ending up homeless will solve nothing. It is his fault, and dying of AIDS doesn't make him any more innocent. Praying to God to change him will never work. As far as I can tell, she has the power to salvage a lot from this (like her own house) and chooses not to. It isn't God's fault for her inaction, nor is it God's fault that her son turned to the "dark side". This might sound a little rough, but it is the truth. God cannot help you if you do not want to be helped. Doing nothing is a sure sign you do not want to be helped. I've volunteered to work on a date rape project in high school for a community center, and that is exactly what they will tell you, which is also what Jesus would tell you. You cannot help somebody if they are unwilling to help themselves. For example, you are not saved by waiting for Jesus to come to you, you have to go to him. That's the way a lot of things work.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I fully agree. How does one get her to make that step? Shes closed off not by direct choice but "I Believe" fear of her kid.

I know somewhere in the bible its stated that intercesory prayer is held in high regard.

Jared.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

For starters, explain herself that if this continues, her son will burn in hell for all eternity. If she doesn't want that to happen, she better put a stop to it herself. I don't usually like mentioning hell to people, but I think it will have enough of an impact to make her think. If things go on as they are now, what will change? Nothing! She has to do SOMETHING. And remind her God has given her son free will, and as such will not interfere with his decisions.