Quick answers about Bible

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Quick answers about Bible

Post by UsagiTsukino » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Is there anything in the bible about writing stories about make believe religions?

Philip
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 611 times

Post by Philip » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:08 am

Usagi: Is there anything in the bible about writing stories about make believe religions?
Romans 1 talks about how ancient pagans knew of but rejected the true God, and instead chose to create and worship idols instead: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=ESV

https://biblereasons.com/false-religions/

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by DBowling » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:39 pm

UsagiTsukino wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:26 pm
Is there anything in the bible about writing stories about make believe religions?
To build on Phillip's response, here are a couple of additional passages that might help...

Exodus 20:3-6
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
1 John 4:1-4
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.