God and murder

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

God and murder

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat May 13, 2017 12:25 pm

A lot of people think God is a murderer. If God technically owns the world, why is God called a murderer? Wouldn't it be Satan since it was bc of him that death entered into the world? God only works with death to accomplish His ultimate plan.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: God and murder

Postby crochet1949 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Because they feel that God 'murdered' lots of innocent people in the world-wide flood waters. They don't accept that the people had become exceedingly wicked all the time. God created them and He, alone, had the right to destroy people were constantly wicked and will be raising the future generation in wickedness as well. The small children who are too young to differentiate good from evil are with Christ when they die.

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: God and murder

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:02 pm

crochet1949 wrote:Because they feel that God 'murdered' lots of innocent people in the world-wide flood waters. They don't accept that the people had become exceedingly wicked all the time. God created them and He, alone, had the right to destroy people were constantly wicked and will be raising the future generation in wickedness as well. The small children who are too young to differentiate good from evil are with Christ when they die.

Yes I agree. But I think it has to do with the emotional aspect more, it does make people feel squeemish when they read God ordered kids and whole societies dead. However, that's how war works, it's not pleasant but it's not pleasant bc of a unpleasant cause.
Why though, did God order animals dead?

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: God and murder

Postby RickD » Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:A lot of people think God is a murderer. If God technically owns the world, why is God called a murderer? Wouldn't it be Satan since it was bc of him that death entered into the world? God only works with death to accomplish His ultimate plan.

I don't know anyone that thinks God is a murderer.

Anyone who knows what the definition of murder is, knows God cannot be a murderer.

Who thinks God is a murderer? I'm asking seriously, because I really haven't heard anyone make a logical argument for it.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: God and murder

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 pm

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:A lot of people think God is a murderer. If God technically owns the world, why is God called a murderer? Wouldn't it be Satan since it was bc of him that death entered into the world? God only works with death to accomplish His ultimate plan.

I don't know anyone that thinks God is a murderer.

Anyone who knows what the definition of murder is, knows God cannot be a murderer.

Who thinks God is a murderer? I'm asking seriously, because I really haven't heard anyone make a logical argument for it.

Go to a place full of unbelievers (usually the anti-theist ones) like on youtube or Quora.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: God and murder

Postby RickD » Sat May 13, 2017 4:23 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:A lot of people think God is a murderer. If God technically owns the world, why is God called a murderer? Wouldn't it be Satan since it was bc of him that death entered into the world? God only works with death to accomplish His ultimate plan.

I don't know anyone that thinks God is a murderer.

Anyone who knows what the definition of murder is, knows God cannot be a murderer.

Who thinks God is a murderer? I'm asking seriously, because I really haven't heard anyone make a logical argument for it.

Go to a place full of unbelievers (usually the anti-theist ones) like on youtube or Quora.

So...you're telling me that people that don't believe God exists, believe this non-existing God is a murderer?

Like I said, I've never heard a logical argument for God being a murderer. And someone who tells you that God doesn't exist, while at the same time, says God is a murderer....
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: God and murder

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat May 13, 2017 4:58 pm

RickD wrote:So...you're telling me that people that don't believe God exists, believe this non-existing God is a murderer?

Like I said, I've never heard a logical argument for God being a murderer. And someone who tells you that God doesn't exist, while at the same time, says God is a murderer....

They believe he's a fictional storybook character and that this "fictional storybook" character is a murderer.
There are some misotheists who believe God is real but evil, too.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: God and murder

Postby crochet1949 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:00 pm

There is another Forum I'm on -- a couple of atheists on there use that as an excuse --they refuse to accept a God who would kill innocent people just because they wouldn't obey 'some God''s rules. I've taken time to explain the in's and out's involved and it's like trying to 'reason' with a brick wall.

It's quite sad - with the one guy -- he's a devout scientist -- geneticist -- strong evolutionist. And doesn't believe - won't accept the world of the supernatural. That which can't be seen doesn't exist. Thus, no angels, demons -- God or His Word.
Nothing in the world of the miraculous. I've told him that I feel sorry for him. That didn't go over very well with him. :)


The term 'misotheist' is a new one for me.

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: God and murder

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat May 13, 2017 5:09 pm

crochet1949 wrote:There is another Forum I'm on -- a couple of atheists on there use that as an excuse --they refuse to accept a God who would kill innocent people just because they wouldn't obey 'some God''s rules. I've taken time to explain the in's and out's involved and it's like trying to 'reason' with a brick wall.

It's quite sad - with the one guy -- he's a devout scientist -- geneticist -- strong evolutionist. And doesn't believe - won't accept the world of the supernatural. That which can't be seen doesn't exist. Thus, no angels, demons -- God or His Word.
Nothing in the world of the miraculous. I've told him that I feel sorry for him. That didn't go over very well with him. :)


The term 'misotheist' is a new one for me.

Not surprising, people have all sorts of views, but many scientists do accept the supernatural.
Misotheist means God hater.
Is that forum on this website?

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: God and murder

Postby RickD » Sun May 14, 2017 5:40 am

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:So...you're telling me that people that don't believe God exists, believe this non-existing God is a murderer?

Like I said, I've never heard a logical argument for God being a murderer. And someone who tells you that God doesn't exist, while at the same time, says God is a murderer....

They believe he's a fictional storybook character and that this "fictional storybook" character is a murderer.
There are some misotheists who believe God is real but evil, too.

Like I said, no logical argument.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: God and murder

Postby PaulSacramento » Mon May 15, 2017 5:44 am

God has been accused of Genocide ( the flood and Egypt) and promoting mass murder (Wars of Conquest and so forth).
Of course the very people that accuse God of that are also the ones that question why He doesn't interfere more, so...

People love to pick parts of the bible that appear to them to show God in a bad light, BUT when they are explained as to why God did these things then it is nothing put superstitious BS and stupid ignorant people.
In short they take a ancient text written by and to ancient people under very specific circumstances explaining specific events and they JUDGE those things via GENERALIZES 21st century SELECTIVE morals that do NOT take into account even the slightest possibility that the REASON could be valid.

This is basically creating a God of THEIR own choosing, making this god THEIR way and then going about proving that THIS version of god either doesn't exist or is horrific.
I agree.
THEIR version of god doesn't exist and IF he did, he would be horrific.

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: God and murder

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 am

PaulSacramento wrote:In short they take a ancient text written by and to ancient people under very specific circumstances explaining specific events and they JUDGE those things via GENERALIZES 21st century SELECTIVE morals that do NOT take into account even the slightest possibility that the REASON could be valid.

Especially weird considering how we ourselves as a society are undergoing a change in morals. Many of these critics are non Christian liberals (some are not) who accept abortion etc while a decade or so ago they very likely wouldn't. Yet, they would impose late 20/21st century morals on a text 3000 or so years old and condemn it...

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: God and murder

Postby crochet1949 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:22 am

I'd commented earlier about another Forum I've been on. There are those there who even as atheists Will discuss / argue whether or not God is a genderless being / a he or a she. A person points out that God is referred as Father which signifies maleness cause Other religions have goddess as well. So why can't God be a female. I'd asked him why it even mattered to him cause he doesn't believe in the supernatural - much less God. And his response was that it's a forum and he can argue any way he wants to. And in his mind, he's always Right.

Yes, PaulSacramento is correct.

Critics Are a strange bunch of people.

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: God and murder

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon May 22, 2017 10:51 am

https://www.usnews.com/news/religion/ar ... s-mattered
I was reading through this and it's a good article but it struck me that it was said God would murder for circumcision. If they knew much about Yahweh then they'd know that He couldn't commit murder, at least according to the Abrahamic faiths, since He's the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.


Return to “The Bible and Scripture”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests