Jesus was not God...again.

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

bizzt wrote:However that was not the point he was trying to make and if one says that do you respond with the words you have chosen or should your response be more of Compassion?
He was questioning Jesus' divinity:
i no longer believe that Jesus being God is that important...definately not important for salvation
It's our duty to defend God no matter what.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

ocho:

actually, i've never questioned Jesus' divinity. i have a friend who does and i was trying to clear things up for him. you should read the entire thread before making accusations.

and no, you don't need to defend God, he's perfectly capable of defending himself.

p.s. i'm not close to thirty. are you really going to compete about age, too? i was merely trying to make a point: "name calling is for children." :roll:
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:ocho:
actually, i've never questioned Jesus' divinity.
i no longer believe that Jesus being God is that important...definately not important for salvation
One has to accept Jesus' divinity in order for him to be your Savior.
and no, you don't need to defend God, he's perfectly capable of defending himself.
In some cases, we do. We are his earthly soldiers.
"name calling is for children."

I didn't directly call you a name. I only name call in self-defense.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I am still confused on this topic. I really don't know what to think.

I know that Jesus said i am the beginning and end, only one other said that and that is god.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

ocho:

i said:
i no longer believe that Jesus being God is that important...
that is not questioning Jesus' divinity. it is stating that him being God is not an understanding necessary for salvation.
one has to accept Jesus' divinity in order for him to be your savior.
it doesn't say that anywhere in the bible. maybe you should start your own church.
in some cases we do.
nope, in no cases do we have to fight for God. we are called to spread his word/love, not to defend him.
i only name call in self-defense.
:lol: that's hilarious, because i never once threatened your well-being or attacked you in anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:
New Creation
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:
it doesn't say that anywhere in the bible. maybe you should start your own church.
Yes it does. He said the only way to heaven is through him. Ever heard of the Trinity? :roll:
nope, in no cases do we have to fight for God.
Nope. We mustn't allow God to be desecrated or his Word to be inhibited. Why do you think conservative Christians or Muslims get into a fit if anyone defiles God/Allah's holy books or tries to prevent religious expression? Because we are his children.
:lol: that's hilarious, because i never once threatened your well-being or attacked you in anyway.
Well, I wasn't just talking about you, but how do you explain your post telling me that I don't have love in my heart? :roll:
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

ocho:

you do not have to accept that Jesus is God for salvation. it does not say that anywhere in the bible.

we don't have to fight for God.
how do you explain your post telling me i don't have love in my heart?
observation. funniest of all is that you haven't denied it. you know it's the truth.
New Creation
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote: you do not have to accept that Jesus is God for salvation. it does not say that anywhere in the bible.
How do you explain the fact that the Trinity has been the fundamental basis for salvation throughout Christendom? :roll:
observation. funniest of all is that you haven't denied it. you know it's the truth.
Nope. You choose to say that about me, because I disagreed with your outlandish statements regarding Christian duties and the status quo.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Prodigal Son wrote:ocho:

you do not have to accept that Jesus is God for salvation. it does not say that anywhere in the bible.

we don't have to fight for God.
how do you explain your post telling me i don't have love in my heart?
God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and one entity right ?

if you believe this how can you not believe that jesus was god?
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Deborah wrote:
Because he's not a Christian like we are. Said it himself.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

ochotseat wrote:
Deborah wrote:
Because he's not a Christian like we are. Said it himself.
I had trouble believing it myself.
then I looked at the jesus, god,holy spirit entity, and it seemed clearer.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Deborah wrote:
christians who don't believe in the trinity aren't considered true christians. that's why most christians don't consider jehovah witnesses and mormons as real christians.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

ochotseat wrote:
Deborah wrote:
christians who don't believe in the trinity aren't considered true christians. that's why most christians don't consider jehovah witnesses and mormons as real christians.
and the list goes on and on and on doesn't it, but lets not go there just yet.
Besides it's not our place to judge people for their beliefs.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Deborah wrote: and the list goes on and on and on doesn't it, but lets not go there just yet.
Besides it's not our place to judge people for their beliefs.
The topic wasn't judging people's beliefs. The core principle of Christianity is the Trinity and it has been since the birth of Christianity. If a Christian announces that one can be a Christian by just believing in God and not the Trinity, he's really no different from a Jew or Muslim, and he's a pseudo Christian.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Prodigal Son wrote:...actually, i've never questioned Jesus' divinity. i have a friend who does and i was trying to clear things up for him.
Prodigal Son, this issue may be resolved already since the last post to the thread was a while ago, but if you are trying to clear up things for your friend, you might be interested in this article here which examines the available evidence to conclude the divinity of Jesus.