Jesus was not God...again.

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Sacrament o Blog
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by Sacrament o Blog »

Did God's semen fertilize Mary's egg?

If yes, then Jesus had both God's DNA and Mary's DNA. Being made up in part of Mary's DNA, how then could Jesus be equal to God?

If God didn't fertilize Mary's egg and instead placed a fertilized egg in Mary, was Mary just an incubator?

:?:
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

The LORD God is

the father, the son and the holy spirit.
When you pray to god you pray to all three.
When your speaking to the father you are speaking to the father aspect of God.

John 1:1-18 makes it very clear that not only is the word with God but that the word is GOD.It also states that the Word became flesh, that would be Jesus. Hense Jesus is the son and is God. The father is God and the holyspirit is god. The are a collective of three entities that make up the One LORD GOD whom is the creator.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Sacrament o Blog wrote:Did God's semen fertilize Mary's egg?

If yes, then Jesus had both God's DNA and Mary's DNA. Being made up in part of Mary's DNA, how then could Jesus be equal to God?

If God didn't fertilize Mary's egg and instead placed a fertilized egg in Mary, was Mary just an incubator?

:?:
We beleive the LORD God to be the creator.
and since we beleive this, it's not hard to realise that since he caused creation then we also believe he has the power to come join us in a human body.

what does dna prove? The father is spiritual, the son is spiritual also the holyghost, they all make up the one true GOD.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Sacrament o Blog wrote:Did God's semen fertilize Mary's egg?

If modern science can today create a baby enable a woman to conceive a baby without sex (and without sperm), I fail to see why God would be so limited.

As for your questions, these were questions similar to those often tossed around within early Christianity. The end result was a formulation of doctrine that in Christ, God took upon the nature of man. Meaning that there is no half man/half God dichotomy, rather it is believed Christ is both fully human and fully divine.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Sacrament o Blog
Acquainted Member

But if Jesus had Mary's DNA, could he be perfect. (I don't think early Christians argued about DNA.)

Can a human being be perfect? Isn't being human synonymous with imperfection?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I think your reasoning is quite sound. This is one for those Christians who perhaps think being human is in and of itself synonymous with imperfection (or sinfulness?).

On the other hand, I personally see no inconsistency with my own beliefs. The portion of Mary normally containing the human genetic effects of sin, could have been supplemented by God rather than being passed on. Thus, Christ would have been sinless, as Adam was once sinless, and still human as Adam was human.

Kurieuo
Sacrament o Blog
Acquainted Member

For a time Adam may have been without sin. But was Adam perfect?

Do you equate the human Jesus with Adam?

Does God have DNA, and did he transmit that DNA to Jesus? Or was Jesus comprised of only Mary's DNA?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Sacrament o Blog wrote:For a time Adam may have been without sin.
Exactly my point. Thus, it does not entail that being human necessarily means one is sinful. Yet, you further say...
Sacrament o Blog wrote:But was Adam perfect?
If God is perfect, than anything created will always be less than perfect since it logically wouldn't be God. To be more specific I think you are using 'perfect' to be synonymous for 'without sin' correct? If so, then I don't see the problem.
Sacrament o Blog wrote:Do you equate the human Jesus with Adam?
With regards to His humanity, why not? The Apostle Paul did. (see Romans 5:12-19)
Sacrament o Blog wrote:Does God have DNA, and did he transmit that DNA to Jesus? Or was Jesus comprised of only Mary's DNA?
I believe Jesus had his own personal DNA as Adam did. And I'll repeat, if modern science can today create a baby enable a woman to conceive a baby without sex (and without sperm), I fail to see why God would be so limited.

Now I'll give you the chance to either progress in this discussion, or if you want to take around a full circle again I don't see that it will go any further beyond what has already been said.

Kurieuo
Sacrament o Blog
Acquainted Member

Adam was not perfect because at the first opportunity, he committed sin.

And I don't equate perfect as being without sin. Rather I see humans as being fully able to commit sin. But I don't see God as being capable of committing sin. That is the distinction I am making.

You have not answered my question as to whether Jesus had Mary's DNA. If Jesus had human DNA, was he the equal of God?

And if Jesus didn't have Mary's DNA, then wasn't Mary just an incubator?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I have responded to your questions, but you keep taking it back around in a circle for some point you're not just coming out and plainly making. I do not appreciate this at all. To summarise and clarify my response before closing this thread:

Only if the desire or ability to sin is an intrinsic property of 'human' do I see a case could be made that Christ wasn't human. Yet, I don't see the ability to sin as necessarily being an essential property of 'human.' To add further thought, the reason why God can't sin is because 'to sin' is to commit an action against God within whom righteousness is rooted. So for God to sin (commit an action against Himself) in human form, or any other form, is simply a nonsensical thought. Like a square circle. So it could be said that God incarnate (or even simply God for that matter) has the ability to sin, yet that He wouldn't because it goes against His nature.

I believe Jesus would have received some of his genetics from Mary, although his DNA was still uniquely his. His having inherited specifically some of Mary's traits, would not impact on his divine status anymore than his being human. If one doesn't take exception to the latter, then I see no reason why one should take exception to the former. And I earlier offered up a reason why this doesn't take away from His divinity when I said: "God took upon the nature of man. Meaning that there is no half man/half God dichotomy, rather it is believed Christ is both fully human and fully divine." Something you chose to not dialogue with.

Kurieuo