Dinner with Jehovah

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Fair enough, but God can still possess wisdom precisely because it is apart of who He is. You only more specifically define how it is God possesses wisdom, which is that wisdom is apart of and rooted in God's nature.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Felgar Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:43 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 8:58
“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

John 1:1-14
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.
6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Just read it my friend... "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning."

Clearly, beyond ANY reasonable doubt, Jesus is the Word that became flesh, and Jesus was with God and Jesus WAS God.

Revelation 1:12-17
12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone “like a son of man,”dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp doubleedged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

The First and the Last, the Son of Man, says he was dead. Was the Father ever dead? Nope. Is anyone but God "the first and the last"? Nope.

But just in case you wanted the passage:
Isaiah 44:6
"This is what the LORD says - Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

So how can two beings (The Living One who was dead, and the LORD Almighty) BOTH claim to be the beginning and the end? Doesn't it stand to reason that there's only ONE beginning and end? If the Lord came first, how can the Living One be the beginning? In my mind, the ONLY reasonable explanation is that Jesus and God are one and the same - just like Jesus says quoted earlier.

And finally, aside from all that, I cannot understand how anyone but God himself has the authority to redeem our sins. It's the only way that salvation even makes sense...

All your own passages do is reinforce the notion that God is 3 persons.
You go! :lol: